Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking News-Darrent Williams Case

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thanks for the artilcle Denver Native. I am glad to see the people investigating are making progress and I hope that the killer is found so we can put some closer on this. As far as D-Will's connection to gangs, I won't put any weight on it until all the facts are out. I agree with orangenblue420 on the fact that anybody in the limo could have been a target....nobody knows for sure. I just hope the gang connections to Darrent are just rumor.
    R.I.P
    #27 Darrent Williams
    #29 Damian Nash



    Thanks MasterShake for the sig

    Comment


    • Just to throw a stick on the fire, I think pointing out again, that there were NBA players there should open the discussion to them.

      I really have nothing to back this up, but it would be in my opinion that it had something more to do with the Bballers than Dwill.

      Of the nations sports, Ballers seem to be more oft than not, having issues with gangs and off court issues. For that matter the issues have spilled over to the courts and sadly the stands...

      Yep thats my opinion, and its hard to swallow. I spent 9 years of my grade and high school life working my rear off to make my game better. Im glad I stopped when I did, as the sport has gone into a tailspin, its a shame.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Krugan
        Yep thats my opinion, and its hard to swallow. I spent 9 years of my grade and high school life working my rear off to make my game better. Im glad I stopped when I did, as the sport has gone into a tailspin, its a shame.
        This is a shame. I am so sorry you stopped pursuing the game because of all of this.

        This statement alone makes me ask what the heck is wrong with sports, the American public and the fear of actually making it in this world where we are supposedly the free country.

        You should pursue your dream. You should not give up.
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by broncosfanscott
          Thanks for the artilcle Denver Native. I am glad to see the people investigating are making progress and I hope that the killer is found so we can put some closer on this. As far as D-Will's connection to gangs, I won't put any weight on it until all the facts are out. I agree with orangenblue420 on the fact that anybody in the limo could have been a target....nobody knows for sure. I just hope the gang connections to Darrent are just rumor.
          I am leaning towards rumor also. As I posted earlier, if this were really true, I can't imagine that it would not have been brought up by all the local tv news stations here, plus the newspapers?????


          Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

          Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

          Comment


          • I want the crack head who did this to be punished.

            I also want to know why he/she/they did it.

            RIP DWILL - missing you more everyday.

            Comment


            • http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/loc...186192501.html


              (CBS4) DENVER A man described by Denver police as a "person of interest" in the murder of a Denver Bronco is now in federal custody.

              Willie Clark was arrested in January for violation of his parole. He was released by the Colorado Department of Corrections Thursday. However Clark was then arrested by federal authorities in connection what's believed to be a drug related case.

              No one has been charged so far in the murder of Denver Bronco Darrent Williams.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by The Hamburgler
                http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/loc...186192501.html


                (CBS4) DENVER A man described by Denver police as a "person of interest" in the murder of a Denver Bronco is now in federal custody.

                Willie Clark was arrested in January for violation of his parole. He was released by the Colorado Department of Corrections Thursday. However Clark was then arrested by federal authorities in connection what's believed to be a drug related case.

                No one has been charged so far in the murder of Denver Bronco Darrent Williams.
                I just heard this also. I am glad the Feds nabbed him immediately when he was released. I am sure they have reason to want to keep him in custody in regards to Darrent's murder.


                Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

                Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

                Comment


                • I am so happy to hear this! I will never give up the hope that one day all the people involved will be behind bars! Keeping my fingers crossed and wishing for a quick result!


                  Comment


                  • Latest story - http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...619415,00.html
                    Closing in on a killer?
                    'Elite Eight' probe may help unravel Williams' slaying
                    By Sara Burnett, Rocky Mountain News
                    July 7, 2007
                    The man named as a "person of interest" in the slaying of Denver Broncos player Darrent Williams was part of a group of gang members suspected in 11 unsolved homicides, according to a criminal complaint made public Friday.
                    The group, known as the "Elite Eight," also allegedly sold large amounts of cocaine and took part in "numerous acts of violence," including drive-by shootings, drug robberies and home invasions, the document states.

                    The federal court complaint charges Willie Dewayne Clark, 25, with conspiracy and distribution of cocaine and crack cocaine. The charges are part of an April federal bust in which more than 70 people were accused of selling drugs in the Denver area.

                    It does not specifically mention Williams' New Year's Day slaying, or the names of any other victims.

                    But it seems to indicate authorities are zeroing in on who killed Williams and the other unnamed victims.

                    For example, it is the first of hundreds of pages filed in the federal drug investigation to make references to murders and drive-by shootings.

                    It also links Clark - the only person named so far as a "person of interest" in Williams' killing - to Brian Hicks, whose SUV police say was used in the football player's shooting. And it cites two "cooperating defendants" who are giving authorities information about the group.

                    The complaint was unsealed after a brief federal court appearance for Clark, who was arrested for a parole violation days after the popular Broncos cornerback was shot while leaving a nightclub in a Hummer limousine.

                    Clark, who appeared in court Friday without an attorney, has not been arrested or charged in that crime.

                    He was released from Denver police custody Thursday, then arrested on federal charges of drug conspiracy and distribution of cocaine and crack cocaine.

                    According to the federal complaint filed by an investigator with the Metro Gang Task Force, Clark is a gang member with 25 previous arrests who started as a "runner" for the "Elite Eight."

                    He worked his way up in the group, eventually selling drugs on his own, the document states. He also lived in and ran a drug house in a duplex at East 43rd Avenue and Cook Street, where the group stashed kilogram quantities of cocaine and cooked crack cocaine, the document says.

                    The complaint identifies Hicks as the leader of the Elite Eight. He was in jail at the time Williams was killed, and his attorney has said he doesn't know who was driving his Chevy Tahoe.

                    Hicks is facing a charge of attempted murder from a June 2005 incident in which someone fired shots at a woman named Kaloniann Clark.

                    Kaloniann Clark was shot and killed in December, shortly before she was scheduled to testify against Hicks. He was in jail at the time, and her killing remains unsolved.

                    Also named in the federal complaint as members of the Elite Eight are Haven Brewer, Vernon Edwards, Benjamin Cornell Thomas and Malcolm Watson.

                    Those men also are charged in the federal drug case.

                    The remaining two members of the Elite Eight are not named.

                    Williams died from a bullet wound in the neck after leaving a nightclub near downtown around 2:30 a.m. Jan. 1.

                    [email protected] or 303-954-5343


                    Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

                    Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

                    Comment


                    • http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=73210

                      Court documents: Gang linked to Darrent Williams murder responsible for others

                      written by: Jeffrey Wolf , Web Producer
                      reported by: Nicole Vap , Executive Producer Investigative
                      updated by: Thanh Truong , 9NEWS Reporter created: 7/6/2007 2:41:51 PM
                      Last updated: 7/6/2007 10:35:19


                      DENVER - Records say a suspect in the murder of Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams is a member of a gang responsible for "approximately 11 unsolved murders."


                      According to an arrest affidavit dated June 28 and unsealed Friday, investigators used wiretaps, undercover buys and police informants to obtain information on Willie Clark, described as someone who "began to move up" in the criminal gang world headed by known gang member Brian Hicks.

                      Records show that between August 2005 and June 2007, investigators at the Metro Gang Task Force made controlled purchases of drugs and used wiretaps to intercept more than 160,000 phone calls involving members of the Rolling 30s Crip street gang.

                      Clark is a member of a subset gang of the Rolling 30s, known as the Tre Tre Gangster Crips, which contains a further subset group called "The Elite Eight," the affidavit says, and the two groups are headed by Hicks.

                      "The Tre-Tre gang and the Elite Eight engaged in a long-term pattern of large-scale cocaine and crack cocaine trafficking, weapons possession and gun trafficking, as well as numerous acts of violence including drive by shootings, drug rips (off) and home invasion robberies," the affidavit, written by Robert Fuller, a federal officer in the Metro Gang Task Force, reads in part.

                      "In addition, there are approximately 11 unsolved murders which can be traced to members of the Elite Eight and the Tre-Tre Crips," said Fuller in the affidavit.

                      Hicks is currently facing state charges of attempted murder regarding a woman named Lonnie Clark. Clark was murdered outside her home last year shortly before she was scheduled to testify against Hicks in another case.

                      He is also the registered owner of a Chevy Tahoe that Denver Police say was the vehicle used in the drive-by shooting of Darrent Williams on New Year's Day.

                      According to the affidavit, Clark, also known as "Little Lett," "Lett," "Cuz," and "Mike Jones," "is a member of the Brian Hicks Tre-Tre drug crew."

                      Clark ran a drug house for Hicks located at 43rd and Cook Street in Denver, the affidavit states, where he progressed from being a drug "runner" to being a "cook," or someone who converted the powder cocaine into crack.

                      Click here to read the entire affidavit.

                      In federal court on Friday, Clark was charged with one count of conspiring to sell and one count of knowingly possessing with the intent to distribute cocaine and crack cocaine.

                      He was turned over to federal authorities on Thursday after he was scheduled to be released from state prison, where he was serving time for a parole violation.

                      Friday's charges relate to the multi-jurisdictional law enforcement arrests of approximately 72 gang members in April who face a variety of federal drugs and weapons charges.

                      Reverend Leon Kelly is an anti-gang activist and says even he is intimidated by street gangs.

                      "A lot of these little kids - don't get in their way, don't get in their way," said Kelly.

                      He says just because people like Hicks and Clark are in jail it does not mean the streets are safe.

                      "People always think if you can cut off the head, the body will fall. You know I tell people, we're dealing with a beast, if you cut of the head three or four more heads will spring up," said Kelly.

                      Clark was first arrested by Denver Police in January when his parole was revoked on a technicality. He is one of three men who are suspected of involvement in Williams' death.

                      Williams was shot and killed on the morning of January 1 while he was riding in a limousine after a party. Another vehicle drove up next to the limousine and shot into the car. Williams was shot through the neck and pronounced dead at Denver Health Medical Center.

                      The other two people, who police call persons of interest, are being held on unrelated drug charges.




                      (Copyright KUSA*TV. All rights reserved.)


                      Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

                      Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

                      Comment


                      • More stories in regards to Darrent's case also on link

                        http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/local_...199125210.html

                        Clark Ordered To Stand Trial On Drug Charges

                        Rick Sallinger
                        Reporting

                        (AP/CBS4) DENVER The lawyer for a man facing federal drug charges believes his client is "being treated as a suspect" in the drive-by killing of Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams. Willie Clark was ordered to stand trial on unrelated drug charges Wednesday by a federal judge.

                        Alaurice Tafoya-Modi filed a motion in federal court Friday asking for more help defending Clark on cocaine charges. The attorney said the drug case "will likely be affected by his treatment as a suspect in the unsolved murder of Mr. Williams."

                        A federal judge denied Tafoya-Modi's request, calling it premature. Denver police have only said that Clark is a "person of interest" in the case.

                        Williams, 24, died New Year's Day from a gunshot wound to the neck.

                        Two other people were hurt as they were riding away from a party in the same stretch Hummer limousine Williams was riding in.

                        Clark was arrested on a parole violation 4 days after Williams' death and ordered to spend 180 days in prison. He was turned over to federal authorities after his release to face charges of cocaine possession and distribution.

                        Wednesday, an investigator with the Metro Gang Task Force described Clark in federal court as a "crack crook" and dealer associated with gang leader Brian Hicks.

                        A car belonging to Hicks was believed to be involved in the murder of Williams, police said.

                        (© 2007 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report. )


                        Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

                        Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

                        Comment


                        • When I saw Breaking News - Darr........ my heart leaped into my throat. I thought we had an official arrest.

                          Thanks for the post DenverNative.

                          Comment


                          • Good new, no great news. I hope they spend their entire rest of their pityful lifes behide bars.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Denver Native
                              More stories in regards to Darrent's case also on link

                              http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/local_...199125210.html

                              Clark Ordered To Stand Trial On Drug Charges

                              Rick Sallinger
                              Reporting

                              (AP/CBS4) DENVER The lawyer for a man facing federal drug charges believes his client is "being treated as a suspect" in the drive-by killing of Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams. Willie Clark was ordered to stand trial on unrelated drug charges Wednesday by a federal judge.

                              Alaurice Tafoya-Modi filed a motion in federal court Friday asking for more help defending Clark on cocaine charges. The attorney said the drug case "will likely be affected by his treatment as a suspect in the unsolved murder of Mr. Williams."

                              A federal judge denied Tafoya-Modi's request, calling it premature. Denver police have only said that Clark is a "person of interest" in the case.

                              Williams, 24, died New Year's Day from a gunshot wound to the neck.

                              Two other people were hurt as they were riding away from a party in the same stretch Hummer limousine Williams was riding in.

                              Clark was arrested on a parole violation 4 days after Williams' death and ordered to spend 180 days in prison. He was turned over to federal authorities after his release to face charges of cocaine possession and distribution.

                              Wednesday, an investigator with the Metro Gang Task Force described Clark in federal court as a "crack crook" and dealer associated with gang leader Brian Hicks.

                              A car belonging to Hicks was believed to be involved in the murder of Williams, police said.

                              (© 2007 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report. )
                              Ohhh poor him. Him and his lawyer can go ..... themselves. They wouldn't call him a person of interest if they didn't have things tying him to the crime. Cry me a friggen river ya drug dealing, POS.
                              Ready for the friggen season already!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Giveemlove
                                Ohhh poor him. Him and his lawyer can go ..... themselves. They wouldn't call him a person of interest if they didn't have things tying him to the crime. Cry me a friggen river ya drug dealing, POS.
                                :clap: :thumb: :clap: :thumb:


                                Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

                                Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X