Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreign Super Bowl being considered?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 24SuperChamp
    The Super Bowl needs to stay in AMERICA where it belongs!

Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1709
      Personally for me, it would be great for me if the SB was over here (I would probably still struggle to get tickets though), but how can the NFL seriously consider taking the biggest game in the sport to another country when they won't even take it to every team that participates in the league at present
      Just wondering how you would like to have European Football (soccer for us Americans) championship played over here? I could tell you it would not get the crowd like it does there, and I think the NFL would not draw the same crowd overseas like it does in America so I think we should keep the Superbowl in the USA!
      Helping rock the Stadium on game day!!!

Comment

What blows is, after last winter, the NFL will put the Superbowl on another planet before they give it to Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
          I've got to say that I completely agree, y2 this is the case for the forseeable future, and I can't see it happening in the near future.

But I can see it happening one day. The league obviously wants to expand the game globally, and that will eventually include non-US sides playing against the 'current' NFL teams..............once that's happened, then the Superbowl will eventually be played outside the US..................

Of course, I'll be a dodderin' old fart by then
          Not necessarily. It's entirely possible that they are merely going for a big TV contract with different countries. Maybe they would expand eventually but I really doubt its what theyre hoping for by doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by HidEmu
            a foreign superbowl would be good for the nfl, i think it would awesome to get more international talent in the nfl. it could only help the game
            This isn't basketball....is there really any international talent that even comes close to what you get here?

Comment

Now don't shoot the messenger, but this is something I've just found

Boston Globe ~ A foreign Super Bowl being considered

Thoughts?

my thoughts 2 words:FUNK THAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco4l1fe
                Just wondering how you would like to have European Football (soccer for us Americans) championship played over here? I could tell you it would not get the crowd like it does there, and I think the NFL would not draw the same crowd overseas like it does in America so I think we should keep the Superbowl in the USA!
                It would sell out in the uk and germany. But i would be cautious anywhere else.
                "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
                  It would sell out in the uk and germany. But i would be cautious anywhere else.
                  I think the other thing to take into account there is that the Superbowl, like the FA Cup/European Cup final aren't about the fans..........the crowd's are (over) full of corporate and sponsorship gigs, so the country where the game is played wouldn't make a great deal of difference to the type of 'fan' that would attend the game.

Like I say, I think it's a bad idea for the forseeable future, but as long as there's $s involved.

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                  You know....

.... with all the good he seems to be doing with player conduct, he sure sucks when it comes to some of his ideas in the area of playing game out of the country.
                  The League's been trying to go global since Pete Rozelle's day, once they suggested regular season games, this was just a logical next progression.

Originally posted by 24SuperChamp
                  The Super Bowl needs to stay in AMERICA where it belongs!
                  Well stop calling the winners World Champions then j/k
                  The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                  BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                  You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Now don't shoot the messenger, but this is something I've just found

Boston Globe ~ A foreign Super Bowl being considered

Thoughts?
                    Worst idea iv heard yet, somebody should test the commish for drugs, if it aint broke, dont fix it!
                    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Security in a foreign country would be my biggest concern. I don't see this ever happening. At least any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest
                        Security in a foreign country would be my biggest concern. I don't see this ever happening. At least any time soon.
                        Read my previous post.
                        But as I said, The US has been asking us for help with homeland security ever since 9/11 as we have one of if not the best anti terrorism security forces in the world. We've had to deal with terrorists on our doorstep for 30 odd years. Israel is probably the only country in the world who takes it more seriously.
                        "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                        Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Just what we need to have a game in Europe where the Soccer hooligans nest.
                          Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

should never be brought up by the nfl! a superbowl outside the us will be bad for the league!! it should stay within the us ! heck they should never of had a regular season game out of the country!! its a load of horse poo!!!!!! foreign games should be kept to preseason schedules!!!
                            GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

Pat Tillman is turning in his grave right now........
                              sigpic

Comment

Pick Berlin '08 or '09

because I'll be there
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X