Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreign Super Bowl being considered?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JRWIZ
    replied
    I think there would be alot of pressure on congress to look at the anti-trust statues should this happen. While they are trying to expand to outside markets the howl from teams and fans in the US might be more than they can handle.

Perhaps the probowl but Superbowl I don't think so.

Leave a comment:

• DancingHorsey
    replied
    I'm really starting to hate Goodell...

Leave a comment:

• Den21-Bal19
    replied
    Originally posted by rc50cal
    I don't care if they play the game outside the US. I can't afford the tickets anyway. The only real problem I see is with the timezones. I would only wake up at 3:00 AM if Denver was playing.

Wouldn't be too bad that way, a 8:00pm GMT KO would be 3:00pm Eastern (1pm Mountain?)

It's only the Thursday/Sunday/Monday Night Football that keeps me up past 1am over here..............good excuse to burn a day's holidays though

Leave a comment:

• rc50cal
    replied
    I don't care if they play the game outside the US. I can't afford the tickets anyway. The only real problem I see is with the timezones. I would only wake up at 3:00 AM if Denver was playing.

Leave a comment:

• Den21-Bal19
    replied
    Originally posted by y2cragie
    which is highly likely.
    I'd imagine or the simple sake of quick turn around and preperation it'll be England they would select.
    Yeah, but the US would also be able to quickly stage the tournament............

Isn't it the 2018 tournament it has been suggested the US could host, in direct competition to England?

Leave a comment:

• y2cragie
    replied
    Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
    The US has also been strongly suggested as an alternative if South Africa falls flat on it's face, along with England & Mexico.
    which is highly likely.
    I'd imagine or the simple sake of quick turn around and preperation it'll be England they would select.

Leave a comment:

• Den21-Bal19
    replied
    Originally posted by y2cragie
    1994 ring a bell? It actually went rather well.
    And there are plans for it to be held there in a couple of wc times.
    The US has also been strongly suggested as an alternative if South Africa falls flat on it's face, along with England & Mexico.

Leave a comment:

• y2cragie
    replied
    Originally posted by ROCKIES
    Moreover I don't see any thrust from the international community in terms of staging the World Cup in the United States... Boring! :paper:
    1994 ring a bell? It actually went rather well.
    And there are plans for it to be held there in a couple of wc times.

Leave a comment:

• ROCKIES
    replied
    Originally posted by Scheffler88
    Super Bowl moving to foreign soil?

Posted: Sunday May 06, 2007 07:25AM ET

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell touched on the possibility of the Super Bowl being played outside the United States. "We have talked in-house about that," he said. "It is truly an international event. London, Toronto, and Mexico City have been discussed. Because of time-difference issues, those are the logical ones. Nothing could happen before 2012.

Source: SI.com
    It'll never happen! In international terms the game of football equates to soccer every place in the world except the United States. Always has and always will. Moreover I don't see any thrust from the international community in terms of staging the World Cup in the United States... Boring! :paper:

Leave a comment:

• Den21-Bal19
    replied
    Originally posted by Scheffler88
    Super Bowl moving to foreign soil?

Posted: Sunday May 06, 2007 07:25AM ET

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell touched on the possibility of the Super Bowl being played outside the United States. "We have talked in-house about that," he said. "It is truly an international event. London, Toronto, and Mexico City have been discussed. Because of time-difference issues, those are the logical ones. Nothing could happen before 2012.

Source: SI.com
    Dang, SI is SLOW

Foreign Super Bowl being considered

Until the NFL establishes a viable global presence (ie competitive teams of NFL standard, not NFLE) this is a poor idea, but the league wants to compete with FIFA so it will happen eventually, IMO

Leave a comment:

• Doggcow
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern Lights
    They need to play in Toronto, with CFL rules
    I'd hope they would play one in Seattle before Toronto, if theyre going to do cold climates. (toronto is outdoors right? lol all the CFL Ive watched was outside...)

Leave a comment:

• Northern Lights
    replied
    They need to play in Toronto, with CFL rules

Leave a comment:

• Geandily
    replied
    I'm all for the Superbowl being in another country, so long as it gets more people interested in football that is, and I'm sure it would! Then again, a lot of the time the Superbowl isn't a very good game, so they would probably be better off just having a few regular season games overseas first.

Mostly though I just hope that the Dolphins V. Giants game gets some more viewers and maybe even turn the European league into something real.

Leave a comment:

• dbdom
    replied
    I love it, its one step closer to it being played in London, so I can go see it!
    Seriously though, although I know most Americans dont like it, you'll be surprised to see how much interest there is for the NFL in the UK, its growing all the time and the regular season game of Dolphins vs Giants was basically sold out as soon as they allowed people to pre-register for it. I think having a Super Bowl outside would just mean the NFL will spread further and further a field, attracting more interest globally rather than just in the Americas.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Eff Roger Goodell

Leave a comment:

Working...
X