Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your argument when deffending Elway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your argument when deffending Elway?

I imagine weve all had that argument with a friend/relative/random guy on the street about who the best QB ever is. So it makes me wonder what your deffense of Elway is?
    My own personal one is the fact he got to 5 super bowls *A feet no other QB, starting at least has*
    While everything else he has done has or most likely will soon *Curses you Marino, Favre, and very soon Manning* be eclipsed No other QB can say they lead their team to FIVE super bowls.
    I mean to me that is the stat that blows every thing else away lets compare some other arguable guys who have the chance or are in the conversation

Manning-1 Super Bowl as of now and their isnt a chance in hell i see him busting out 4 more.
    Brady- Probaly the best chance to get to 5, but i still dont see it happening
    Marino-1 LOL get the hell out of here with the Marino Propaganda.
    Favre- 2
    Montana-4
    Aikman-3
    Bradshaw-4 *Vastly underrated by the way*

Thats always my argument along with the fourth quarter comebacks.
    Whats yours?
    sigpicPlease Help A die Hard Broncos Fan Out, And Share Or Pledge My Kickstarter Party Game "Help Wanted" http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...help-wanted-0/

Elway scared opposing defenses more than any other QB. The end.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Has one more games as a Qb then any other Qb in NFL history!!!

Comment

He is the most complete QB in history.

Me and a cousin who is a 9ers fan always have the argument over elway and montana.

All he ever uses is the SB argument which can go either way.
        the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Well, there's lots. As a QB no one combined mobility, accuracy, arm strength, and leadership on the football field like Elway did. No QB carried his team (and that's what Elway did in 3 seasons) to the Superbowl. Most other great QB's who made it to the big show and won it or lost it had better players around them.

Still at an older age, playing injured (bicep tear... plus tons more) Elway helped lead an at last well rounded good team tothe Superbowl for 2 back to back SB wins. After Elway left, the gapping hole in left behind in his absence was more then visable, it was palpable.

In the end though, look at Marino, Manning, and Brady and none had the mobility that Elway did in his youth. Look at all the QB's in history besides a few, and none had the gun Elway had. Elway had it all.....

the defense rests
          Last edited by BigBroncLove; 04-27-2007, 02:50 PM.
          sigpic
          The only thing that can stop the ninja.
          Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93
            He is the most complete QB in history.

Me and a cousin who is a 9ers fan always have the argument over elway and montana.

All he ever uses is the SB argument which can go either way.
            yae when people say that.. i always ask them to give me an offence of player from the 3 suberbowl loses... And then trun around and say.. your telling me Elway would not have one even more superbowls if he had, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Roger Craic(opps),... You got to be out of your mind.. Because didnt Elway need that to win a superbowl.. Rod Smith, Ed Mcaffry, TD???? Joe Montana would have never gone to a superbowl without the players he had.. Elway went to 3 by himself!!

Comment

Let's see...

.. if i recall he is still the only qb to take a team to the superbowl 5 times..

.. drafted #1 overall and still met and exceeded all expectations, by that meaning the fact that he is often debated as the greatest qb of all time.

Just two more to add to the list above.
              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Does Elway need defending?

If a person is such an idiot as to diss Elway, the conversation is over.

-----

Comment

Here's my argument...
                  "Dude, It's John F**KING Elway!!!"

I win every time.
                  Last edited by Anikai; 04-27-2007, 03:05 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

my argument is as follows:

he's john elway
                    white sox are done, broncos looking strong, lakers gonna win it all again.

Originally posted by raylewis52
                    you guys are the saddest team in nfl right now! 8-8 will win the west,.thats just a joke. there will be 6-8 teams sitting home with better records,
                    smart fans, eh?

Comment

As the years go by, I find myself having to 'defend' John Elway less and less. At one time, he was considered overrated by much of the media and a lot of fans outside of Denver. I think years after his retirement (almost a decade now), people can look at his career and what he's done, both as a player and outside of football, and truly say he was and is a remarkable person who deserves all the credit he's ever gotten and continues to receive.

Just my two cents.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's all because Elway drinks Coors.

That's why Elway used to stand on home plate and throw baseballs over the fence.

=p

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

It's easy the man is John Elway.
                          Now that he has been retired for a few years even alot of my friends that said he was overrated now say he was the greatest QB.
                          He carried 3 teams to the Super Bowl and won 2 at the end of his career. Won more games than any other QB ever. He could scrabble and be a pocket passer. He could throw anywhere on the field. He scared the hell out of defenses. And the teams would ralley around him in the final moments of games which added to many comebacks.
                          RIP Darrent Williams
                          You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

Comment

Originally posted by tpoz34
                            Has one more games as a Qb then any other Qb in NFL history!!!
                            you can only use that for a few more game till farve breaks that too

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                              Does Elway need defending?

If a person is such an idiot as to diss Elway, the conversation is over.

-----

Exactly!!!

I will add that he literally took 3 teams to the Super Bowl by himself. His former teamates, noteably Tom Jackson, will admit this.

Comment

Working...
                              X