Jarious is better than kanell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RebelSyxx
    At this stage of the game, Danny Kanell is the best backup we have, he has NFL experience and he has been out of the game for a few years, give him time and he will win a game or two for us. Jarious Jackson is not a nfl caliber QB. Bradlee Van Pelt has more raw talent then Matt Mauck but if i had to start someone tomorrow it would be Mauck. John Quinn wont make the team. Ummmm..... has anyone though of pickin up the phone and giving steve beuerlein a call? Hell at this point somebody call Ryan LEaf or Jeff George (ok, im joking) But honestly our QB situation is not that great.
    I would have to disagree with all of this..Except the JJ part...

Why would we want beuerlein back? Much like sharpe said - it's better to get out a season too soon than one too late - B-Line should have given up a year ago - even though I liked him & was appreciative of him staying, it became rather clear that he had stayed in 1 season too long.

JJ has been riding the pine too long to really give us much. When they put him in during the Seahawks preseason game last year, the comparison between watching him & kanell play was like night & day - and DK had impressed me (I know it was a preseason game - but that's the first time I saw DK play & I use preseason to see what/who I like on the roster - I haven't ever really been wrong with the picks of who will be around after the cuts are made either).

BVP does have a lot of talent - if he can put a cap on his attitude (to a degree - it's good to see a little agression/desire-to-win out there) I think that he will excel - even if it's not as B/U QB his first year out.

As far as Mauck goes - I admit I really don't know much about him, as I don't follow much college football outside of the state...I will have to see him in the preseason games to make a judgement...

Isn't it Mike Quinn?

If that group isn't good enough - I still highly admire Rolovich's talent & think he should be called back - especially over B-line, George or Leaf!!! I think that it'd be good for Lelie, who still needs to break out of his "shell" to have some familiarity back - even if he is just sitting on the bench.

Comment

Oh yeh - and I forgot - about Kanell -

Yes he impressed me during the preseason, but he really didn't step up when we needed him to.

Even in the SD game - when Plummer had all but zipped up the game, they put him in for a couple of plays - and he managed to throw an interception, fumble & screw up with each play...

Comment

Nice post and correction, miss blue. And who says you don't post anything football related...tards.

I want to believe that dk is better than what he showed us last year. He was away from the game and had rust. Not to mention the fact that denver's playbook isn't the simplest out there.

Give him this summer and preseason. If he doesn't pan out, then we'll hope for hopes sake that jake doesn't get hurt. But I have a feeling dk will show his worth, proudly.

Gotta love her
        Originally Posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
        .... i wanted to offend nobody besides rushmore.
        Originally Posted by Alastor
        ......Intelligence isn't anything on wisdom or character

Comment

Originally posted by MtRushmore
          Nice post and correction, miss blue. And who says you don't post anything football related...tards.

I want to believe that dk is better than what he showed us last year. He was away from the game and had rust. Not to mention the fact that denver's playbook isn't the simplest out there.

Give him this summer and preseason. If he doesn't pan out, then we'll hope for hopes sake that jake doesn't get hurt. But I have a feeling dk will show his worth, proudly.
          I don't know that I could give him faith beyond preseason...

I'm a big believer in the 3-strikes, you're out policy - and once you've gotten on my "wrong side" it takes a lot to get on the other side - Same thing happened with Griese - I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt the first couple of seasons, but then between his lack of showing up, his consistant injuries, and then his being very rude to my (then) infant nephew and my sister, I wrote him out - I was very glad to see him go, and I think that Kanell has "worn out his stay" much as B-line did ... he was out of the league for so long for a reason.

In an ESPN magazine a few weeks ago, he had a little article telling why the AFL is harder than the NFL - if he feels that the NFL is such a cakewalk as compared to the AFL - and wants to continue to play ball & be competitive, perhaps going back to AFL tryouts would be a good start for him?

I think that if JJ & DK were re-assigned somewhere else (either another position, team or league) then we would be much better off at B/U QB...Guess we'll see in a few weeks...

Comment

As far as back up QB"s go, I wonder if Damon Huard has been given a call, he may not be the most physically gifted but he's one hell of a smart qb and he wins games. As far as Nick Rolovich damsel, have you ever watched that guy play? He didn't have a clue what was going on and looked terrible in the preseason. Theres a reason why he wasnt in NFLE this year. As far as having a familiar face for Ashley Lelie, he has 50 of them on the broncos roster and if he cant get it together now I know of about 5 other WR's on the team now that could. Heck im 6'4, 210 lbs and run a 4.8 in the 40 call me! J/k

"OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

"....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

"My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

Comment

As far as back up QB"s go, I wonder if Damon Huard has been given a call, he may not be the most physically gifted but he's one hell of a smart qb and he wins games. As far as Nick Rolovich damsel, have you ever watched that guy play? He didn't have a clue what was going on and looked terrible in the preseason. Theres a reason why he wasnt in NFLE this year. As far as having a familiar face for Ashley Lelie, he has 50 of them on the broncos roster and if he cant get it together now I know of about 5 other WR's on the team now that could. Heck im 6'4, 210 lbs and run a 4.8 in the 40 call me! J/k
              Hmmm nope I've never watched any football, none whatsoever, especially not Broncos football...Infact, *gee duh* what's a quarterback?

Call you? Post your number.

Comment

Ummmm..... has anyone though of pickin up the phone and giving steve beuerlein a call?
                Have you been drinking? You think a 40 year hold QB with a torn up hand is better than the four other QBs we have on deck?

Starting Mauck over a QB who had the fourth most offensive yards in NCAA football is a good idea?

Kannell is our best bet? How many other PRACTICE teams has he failed to make?

Brother... Kannell will be lucky to be playing in Dove Valley this coming season, let alone Invesco...
                "When Reason Fails... Force Prevails."

Comment

I won't say that Jackson is better than Kanell, but I don't see that (as least last year) he could have been much of a drop off.

What was more surprising was that Shanny's reasoning for dumping Griese was that he wasn't a play maker, he wasn't enough like Elway or Plummer. Then he (Shanny) kept the back up who was more like Griese (Kanell) and cut the guy who was more like Plummer and Elway (Jackson). Just seemed like his QB philosophy was inconsistant.
                  Sportsblog.org -- ThePostgame.com -- Bronczilla.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bronczilla
                    ...and cut the guy who was more like Plummer and Elway (Jackson). Just seemed like his QB philosophy was inconsistant.
                    Jackson wasn't cut... he was moved to cornerback.

Comment

Actually, both Kanell AND Jackson were cut, but Kanell was brought back when Plummer was hurt. Jackson didn't come back until after Steve went down with a sprained and broken finger, too.
                      Last edited by Bronczilla; 06-21-2004, 04:11 PM.
                      Sportsblog.org -- ThePostgame.com -- Bronczilla.blogspot.com

Comment

You are correct.

Comment

I think Leaf signed with the Seahawks.
                          sigpic
                          Kyle Orton Army Soldier #888

Comment

Originally posted by OrngBluRecknCru
                            Jackson wasn't cut... he was moved to cornerback.
                            Not cornerback....safety.

And the reason JJ was not kept as a qb is because he HAS had chances and couldn't convert them into anything remotely resembling qb'ing.
                            Who cares that he can run. QB's are paid to run, alright.....THE OFFENSE. That small feat includes something called throwing the football in the general proximity of an intended target - mainly, another bronco. In that area, jj is severely lacking.
                            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X