2.38%
    Louis Green
    3.17%
    Cameron Vaughn
    15.08%
    Dummervil wil convert
    4.76%
    sigpic

Let's just stay in permanent nickel. I'd prefer Foxworth or Brandon to any of our backup linebackers.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Assuming we don't sign any UDFA's, even though I hope we get Earl Everett, I expect a battle between Warrick Holdman, Nate Webster, and D.D. Lewis, and I think Holdman will win.

R.I.P. Darrent & Damien

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
        Let's just stay in permanent nickel. I'd prefer Foxworth or Brandon to any of our backup linebackers.
        Not a half bad idea.
        sigpic

Comment

Vaughn!!! he is so good. at 6'4 he has the perfect build for SAM. I can see him being a leader in a few years he has great character and great work ethic.

Comment

Warrick Holdman. He's serviceable when healthy, and he will have a very solid DL ahead of him. First time I can say that about a Bronco LB in a while

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

Dumervil... I hope so. This guy was good, and i like him a lot. It almost makes me wish we had left a spot open for him. I trust in shanny though.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
                yeah or we can't just bring down John Lynch and have him play in the box while Foxy covers

props to snk16 on the sig thx brother

Comment

Its such a damn shame Wilson is gone.If this line pans out which I think it will,I would have loved to see our elite LB trio of Gold,Williams and Wilson dominate like they could.It just wont be the same on Sundays without Al.

Im glad we added some size after the Moss pick as I was a little worried about Gold playing behind a smaller line.I love Gold but I think he needs protection from the line to do his job.

Comment

i believe the odds are with holdman. i think webster could fillin very well. i voted for cameron vaughn. he's young, and has a big frame. if he can build on the potential he showed last year, i think he would be a very good long term option. hope he continues to impress us.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

There is a hope inside of me that Al Wilson returns with a pay cut after failing to sign with another team.

Comment

I think regaurdless of who starts we will see all the other linebackers in the mix. Webster and Holdman will be first in the running. I think Lewis and Moore will be resonable enough backups. And Cameron Vaughn will be a good special teamer and get some reps at linebacker throughout the year. All in all I think alot of our defense will be in a rotation depending on what down it is, who's in on the offense and who's tired. We have so much depth now at every position on defense. The only thing now is making sure everyone steps up and plays like they are supposed to. We have the team to win every game on paper, but like I said, its all about how we get everyone involved and playing to their abilities. I do wish we had one more big play safety though. I guess Ferguson and Brandon are going to have to step up.

Comment

Holdman seems to have the experience.

Based on stats, which is about all I've got, I'm not really thrilled with any of our backups; the one I've actually seen play is Webster, and he didn't impress me much filling in for Al last year (though SLB is less demanding than MLB). I can't see having D.J. and Webster on the field at the same time though because it leaves us a little bare if our starting MLB gets hurt (at 6-0, 237 Webster's also lighter than I'd like in either role). So right now it seems to make the most sense to have D.J. in the middle and hope he has the blitzing/coverage chops and experience to be QB the D, while Holdman takes over for him as SAM. If were really satisfied with our depth at DE though I wouldn't mind seeing Dumervil there if he can handle coverage. If all else fails Chuckwurah's still listed as an OLB.

DT and MLB remain my biggest concerns for the team regardless; we didn't just lose one player, we've got a gaping hole in the middle of our D both as a player and a leader. Good MLBs are hard to find; I just hope our front office has another one in 'em. As a side note, BECAUSE good MLBs are hard to find I don't really see 31 other teams passing on Al so we get to keep him at reduced pay.
                          SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

I think its Vaughn or Webster. Holdman may stick around but Webster is a very solid option when healthy and the team seemed very happy with the Cam Man last year.
                            Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                            Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by Morambar
                              Based on stats, which is about all I've got, I'm not really thrilled with any of our backups; the one I've actually seen play is Webster, and he didn't impress me much filling in for Al last year (though SLB is less demanding than MLB). I can't see having D.J. and Webster on the field at the same time though because it leaves us a little bare if our starting MLB gets hurt (at 6-0, 237 Webster's also lighter than I'd like in either role). So right now it seems to make the most sense to have D.J. in the middle and hope he has the blitzing/coverage chops and experience to be QB the D, while Holdman takes over for him as SAM. If were really satisfied with our depth at DE though I wouldn't mind seeing Dumervil there if he can handle coverage. If all else fails Chuckwurah's still listed as an OLB.
                              DT and MLB remain my biggest concerns for the team regardless; we didn't just lose one player, we've got a gaping hole in the middle of our D both as a player and a leader. Good MLBs are hard to find; I just hope our front office has another one in 'em. As a side note, BECAUSE good MLBs are hard to find I don't really see 31 other teams passing on Al so we get to keep him at reduced pay.
                              Chuky signed with the Bucs
                              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Working...
                              X