Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seto
    replied
    Tatum isnt that good, but I guess it will be pretty interesting seeing an OU and OSU player go at it OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!

Griffin all the way

Portis will die in Washington (comeing from a true Eagles fan) Portis was lucky to have such a good line in Denver, Washington doesnt have that, they just have Jevon Kearse in your face 2 times a year and some of the hardest hitting players (Dawk) in the NFL.

Portis will do bad in Washington, Q will do GREAT in Denver and show that Denver has one of the best Olines for any RB to run for.

Q uses his size to his advantage, and he can DEFFINATLY take all 16 games. BEING SMALL DOESNT MAKE YOU WEEK!!!!!!! tall players get hurt more than short players. Q has a low center of gravity and is hard to tackle. But I think it will come down to how great of hands Griffin has, he has some of the best hands for a RB, and can catch almost anything thrown at him.
    Last edited by Seto; 08-01-2004, 06:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• diesel51
    replied
    Quentin Griffin = Bronco Success

I am a huge Bronco fan, and this is my first post. I have got to say that the Broncos starting RB will be Quentin Griffin. The advantages that Q has over Tatum Bell are the following; a) familiarity with the playbook, b) one year of experience in the NFL, c) intelligience (still waters run deep), d) blocking, e) ability to make people miss (see Barry Sanders), f) a team first mentality(was at OU, and it seems to have followed him to Denver), g) coaching staff's respect (see keeping him on team with broken leg) as well as teammates (filling in for Portis last year admirably), and finally, as mentioned above, an inner drive to succeed (possibly due to discrimination because of his height). Tatum has more speed (maybe), and seems to be the second coming of Portis with his style of running and his running of the mouth. I believe that the job is Q's to lose, but I don't think he'll lose it. I have the feeling that once the season starts, Q will be the man, and the media will be talking about how that was one of the greatest trades in NFL history, at least for the Broncos. On the other hand, I think that Portis is going to have trouble in the NFC East. With Dallas and Philadelphia's punishing defenses, plus the change of climate that Portis will have to endure, he won't endure. He never did last a whole season with the Broncos, and if you consider that the AFC West isn't known for their run defense (except Denver), how can you expect him to last on the harsh turf of Dallas, Philadelphia, and NY, and the mud of Washington? Denver's year is either now, or a year away, mark my words. Go Q! Go DENVER!

Leave a comment:

• mrsolo
    replied
    Originally posted by KG21
    im tired of hearing all this bull about "Q"!

Q cant do ****! the only thing he has going for him is speed! if he starts, bet he couldnt shrug off one tackle.

Portis is the man and its too bad he's gone...

Bell should start
    You're an idiot. That's not me as a Sooner fan, but as a long time football fan. If Q can't do ****, why is he #1 on the depth chart going into camp? Why did Mike Shanahan keep him on the roster last year with a broken leg? I guess Shanny knows diddly squat about running backs since he's had such a horrible track record with finding backs(sarcasm). Sheesh, if you Bell should start, that's fine. If you think Hearst should, that's fine too. Just lay off the stupid comments. All Q has done is succeed.

Leave a comment:

• elwaymvp
    replied
    I gotta go with Q, just because he is more experienced with the team and the playbook, and he did very well when he played last season (especially in the Indy game). However, Bell also looks very good, so my opinion might change by the time the season starts.

Leave a comment:

• KG21
    replied
    im tired of hearing all this bull about "Q"!

Q cant do ****! the only thing he has going for him is speed! if he starts, bet he couldnt shrug off one tackle.

Portis is the man and its too bad he's gone...

Bell should start

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by Qistheman
    Q is the same type of back as barry, an elusive one. he might take a big hit once and a while, and when he does take a big hit he pops right up. ive seen him take big hits before and everytime he does he seems to be the first one off the ground. Q will not take 20 solid hits a game i can promise you that, so you dont have to worry about him not being able to handle 20 hits per game for 16 games. portis and everyother back we have had were not elusive they would have to take 20-30 good solid hits per game and thats why ports couldnt handle a full year, thats why TD is no longer playing, i dont care how much mass a guy has he cant take big hits over and over throughout his career. I bet bell would get beat up faster or easier than Q even though he is 12 lbs heavier because he cant avoid a hit like Q.
    You and I have brought all the facts, comparisons, video clips. It will never matter to some of these folks. Until Q is into the 220+ range it does not matter to some of these folks. It is because he is not 6'0" tall that they are worried. If it isn't that it's because he is not poorti$ or TD or whoever their favorite RB is.

Q has the exact same build as Bell in the height to weight ratio. Q is bigger than poorti$ was last year, and much bigger the poorti$ was during his rookie year.

These inane thoughts about him not being able to stand up to the brutality of the NFL are just plain stupid. Look at all the rushing leaders in the history of the league they were not the great big bruisers. Excepting perhaps Jimmy Brown. Sayers small and a slasher. Sanders, Smith, Peyton, Simpson, Davis. These are the big record holders the big backs rarely last more than a few seasons.
    Last edited by Jrhampton; 07-11-2004, 12:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Qistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Hondas&Broncos

And I am not questioning Q's heart or will. I like him alot and believe he will excel. But all I am saying is that I think he will start but "I" don't believe he can take 20 hits per game all season long. If you compare B. Sanders and E. Smith, who are similar size. B. Sanders avoided hits by being elusive. And E. Smith was a physical back. My brother is a Dallas fan. (Don't know what happened to him??? LOL) But I don't remember one year where E. was out for at least a part of a game or a whole game. Just looked what happened to him after he hurt his shoulder. He was never the same.
    Q is the same type of back as barry, an elusive one. he might take a big hit once and a while, and when he does take a big hit he pops right up. ive seen him take big hits before and everytime he does he seems to be the first one off the ground. Q will not take 20 solid hits a game i can promise you that, so you dont have to worry about him not being able to handle 20 hits per game for 16 games. portis and everyother back we have had were not elusive they would have to take 20-30 good solid hits per game and thats why ports couldnt handle a full year, thats why TD is no longer playing, i dont care how much mass a guy has he cant take big hits over and over throughout his career. I bet bell would get beat up faster or easier than Q even though he is 12 lbs heavier because he cant avoid a hit like Q.

Leave a comment:

• Hondas&Broncos
    replied
    I'm not saying that size is the only thing in the nfl. Look at our linebacking crew. They say that they are all under sized. But they are extremely fast, quick and awesome at what they do. But football is a game of punishment and finesse. And you have a point of bell and Q having the same lbs per inch. But Q has been in the league for awhile and has had a chance to work with the trainers to put on weight and strength. Bell has not had that oppurnity to train at the pro level yet. And I can guarntee that the trainers are working hard to be able to put more size on him.

And I am not questioning Q's heart or will. I like him alot and believe he will excel. But all I am saying is that I think he will start but "I" don't believe he can take 20 hits per game all season long. If you compare B. Sanders and E. Smith, who are similar size. B. Sanders avoided hits by being elusive. And E. Smith was a physical back. My brother is a Dallas fan. (Don't know what happened to him??? LOL) But I don't remember one year where E. was out for at least a part of a game or a whole game. Just looked what happened to him after he hurt his shoulder. He was never the same.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Personally i'd like to see 3 of the following to start

Q
    Tatum
    Garrison.

But I know only one must start and personnally I don't care as long as he runs 1,500 yards..

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied
    height disadvantaged people

a couple of backs come to mind ---- B.Sanders and E.Smith ---- a perfect example of pure will power and determination would be the NBA's Mugsy ---- it's the size of your heart !
    Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 07-09-2004, 09:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by Hondas&Broncos
    I think Q will start the season. He is an amazing back but I don't think he has the size to take hits all season long. I agree with westflbroncostud Tetum will start by week 7. Or sooner if he learns the playbook.
    One more fallacy about size if you look at both of their relative sizes you will note that although Bell is taller of the two he carries the same pounds per inch of height that Q does. So if one is to small or not able to withstand the punishment so is the other.

Name********wght***hgt***lbs per inch of height
    Bell**********207****71******2.91
    Griffin********195****67******2.91

Q has the most experience and the knowledge of the play book. He seems to be quiet and unassuming, but has a passion to excel. Probably from being discriminated all his life because he is short. Seems to have the most to gain from winning the competition.

If I had money to bet it would be on Q!

Leave a comment:

• plummerdaman
    replied
    i Cant say there are so many possibilities....

Leave a comment:

• Hondas&Broncos
    replied
    I think Q will start the season. He is an amazing back but I don't think he has the size to take hits all season long. I agree with westflbroncostud Tetum will start by week 7. Or sooner if he learns the playbook.

Leave a comment:

• champ'sbroncos
    replied
    Tatum Bell is decently big (bigger than portis, anyways) and fast. The only other thing you need is knowledge, so if he can learn the system, he'll start, I say.

Leave a comment:

• Mile High Jedi
    replied
    Re: Denver Broncos Starting Tailback

Originally posted by badintentions
    Who do you think will start?
    -the one who performs the best in Training Camp and Preseason.

...strange but true.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X