X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love it! Lack of Respect for Denver!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ls/draft/2007/

Scroll down to the poll at the bottom.

Which team is most likely to win the AFC crown in 2007?

Bengals
    Chargers
    Colts
    Patriots
    Ravens
    Other

This to me says they are saying we are not even one of the top 5 teams in the AFC. Gotta love it!

I personally believe we are better than the Ravens and Begals for sure. I think its a toss up with the rest. Any given sunday....

The lower under the radar we can fly, the better off we'll be during the season. No expectations, no problems.
    Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Nothing new....I created my username in November of our 05 season, due to the lack of respect the Broncos get. Aggravating, but we seem to play better under those circumstances. Let em disrespect us, it's just that much more sweet when we prove em all wrong!
      Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Why should every single media corporation respect Denver?

Cry me a river. Big freaking deal.

But while I'm on the subject, Denver is not better than Baltimore. Baltimore is superior to Denver at every position except for cornerback and wide receiver and Bailey/Bly to McCallister/Rolle is not much of a dropoff. The Ravens safeties still make there secondary better overall.
        "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575

But while I'm on the subject, Denver is not better than Baltimore. Baltimore is superior to Denver at every position except for cornerback and wide receiver and Bailey/Bly to McCallister/Rolle is not much of a dropoff. The Ravens safeties still make there secondary better overall.
          How many times have you been told to take your smack to the proper forum?

Many!!!
          sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

Well . . .

From Denver's CBs to Baltimore's is a dramatic dropoff because Bailey is significantly
            superior to theirs, and Bly is as good. Baltimore's LBs are slightly superior at this
            point, admittedly. Their DL was far better than Denver's . . . until the draft. But with
            a healthy Warren (he played all last year with two sprained toes) and Thomas by his
            side, that has changed, and I don't believe Baltimore is that much up on the Broncos
            there anymore. At safety, of course, the Ravens are better because of Ed Reed.

On the other side of the ball, Cutler blows away anything the Ravens have. Henry is
            just as good. With Walker, Smith, Marshall, and Stokely, our receivers are also
            better than anything they have. Our TEs are superior.

In all, Baltimore cannot beat us on paper . . . although anything can happen on the
            field, of course.

I look for Denver to go deep into the postseason this year, and probably the
            Super Bowl. They were one of the better teams last year, and they are the most
            improved this year by all accounts. I look for a 13-3, 14-2 season. And I have not
            been this optimistic in the past . . . in fact, I called the 9-7 season last year.

-----

Comment

McNair is not better than Cutler. Just give Cutler time! McNair has to be wrapped up like a mummy to play because he is so hurt. I like Steve - I have met Steve.

----------------------------------------------
              I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarJ
                How many times have you been told to take your smack to the proper forum?

Many!!!
                Well, I don't believe this necessarily is smack, GuitarJ. Kmart is speaking his mind.
                I have seen worse from some of our own fans.

-----

Comment

Seeing that denver beat both New England and The Ravens last year, I believe respect is due. Not to mention the fact that the Broncos have greatly improved their offense and defense since the previous year.

Oh, lets not forget, we wooped KC once too
                  Last edited by Gsam; 05-01-2007, 11:52 AM.

Comment

non biased opinion here but i'd actually take travis henry over mcgahee. mcgahee is a real jerk and a much bigger question mark

also as much as i think bly is too short to worry about right now as much as champ, he's alot better than rolle, that guy has eroded a great deal in the past few years.

there's probably other positions i'd pick denver guys above ravens guys too , but none springs to mind aside from cutler, i'd rather have cutlre than mcnair right now, bet your life on that one.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                      I have seen worse from some of our own fans.

-----
                      Very true.

I do take the comment "cry me a river" as a smack. Especially when that type of comment is a constant theme from someone. I will try to reserve such a retort for a pm though
                      sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                        From Denver's CBs to Baltimore's is a dramatic dropoff because Bailey is significantly
                        superior to theirs, and Bly is as good. Baltimore's LBs are slightly superior at this
                        point, admittedly. Their DL was far better than Denver's . . . until the draft. But with
                        a healthy Warren (he played all last year with two sprained toes) and Thomas by his
                        side, that has changed, and I don't believe Baltimore is that much up on the Broncos
                        there anymore. At safety, of course, the Ravens are better because of Ed Reed.

On the other side of the ball, Cutler blows away anything the Ravens have. Henry is
                        just as good. With Walker, Smith, Marshall, and Stokely, our receivers are also
                        better than anything they have. Our TEs are superior.

In all, Baltimore cannot beat us on paper . . . although anything can happen on the
                        field, of course.

I look for Denver to go deep into the postseason this year, and probably the
                        Super Bowl. They were one of the better teams last year, and they are the most
                        improved this year by all accounts. I look for a 13-3, 14-2 season. And I have not
                        been this optimistic in the past . . . in fact, I called the 9-7 season last year.

-----
                        The Ravens safeties are also better because of Dawan Landry.

Denver's tight ends are superior? I didn't realize you have a pro bowler on your roster at tight end. Because that is what Todd Heap is. Heap is twide the TE anybody on Denver's roster is.

Henry is not just as good as Willis McGahee. There is a reason both Buffalo and Tennessee decided to not keep Henry. McGahee is a hell of alot more talented than Henry and will put up great numbers in Baltimore.

Currently Cutler is not better than McNair. McNair is a winner. Cutler is still unproven.

I don't care who Denver drafted on the defensive line. They still don't compare to Haloti Ngata, Trevor Pryce, Terrell Suggs, and the other solid DT's Baltimore has.

Mark Clayton is currently a better WR than everybody on Denver's roster except for Javon Walker.
                        "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsam
                          This to me says they are saying we are not even one of the top 5 teams in the AFC. Gotta love it!

I personally believe we are better than the Ravens and Begals for sure. I think its a toss up with the rest. Any given sunday....
                          What makes you so sure you are better than the Bengals?? Do you know anything about the team and the talent we have?? Or are you just spouting what the media has fed about our defense having zero talent, or about last year and us having legal and injury problems that set us back??

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey
                            non biased opinion here but i'd actually take travis henry over mcgahee. mcgahee is a real jerk and a much bigger question mark

also as much as i think bly is too short to worry about right now as much as champ, he's alot better than rolle, that guy has eroded a great deal in the past few years.

there's probably other positions i'd pick denver guys above ravens guys too , but none springs to mind aside from cutler, i'd rather have cutlre than mcnair right now, bet your life on that one.
                            I would rather have Cutler for the long run but if you needed a quarterback to win one game for you that decided whether you got into the playoffs or not McNair would be the guy over Cutler currently.

It doesn't matter if McGahee is a jerk. He is still a better runner than Henry. The Ravens also have better depth with Musa Smith and Mike Anderson.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsam
                              Seeing that denver beat both New England and The Ravens last year, I believe respect is due. Not to mention the fact that the Broncos have greatly improved their offense and defense since the previous year.

Oh, lets not forget, we wooped KC once too
                              That's last year. Who gives a crap about last year. That doesn't mean you deserve respect.

And you have greatly improved your defense? By cutting your pro bowl middle linebacker?

And I wouldn't call an OT win by a field goal in your own house whooping KC.

Comment

Working...
                              X