Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by classicarluvr
    I am officially an idiot!
    Nah.....I even had to think about for moment.
    sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

• Hard Charger

Originally posted by HardCharger
      This has been an interesting thread to read. Although there have been some really even handed and fairly objective points to read, there also has been some really pro-homer points as well. Homerism I understand because I'm a hardcore Chargers fan and sometimes I lean toward homerism myself.

I'd just like to say that I'm not here to just blast the Broncos because I'm a Charger fan. I'd like to offer valid opinions and counterpoints and will stray from general smack talk.

First, TopScribe, no need to throw the Championship blast at us. Our team has yet to win a title and that is pretty obvious to everyone. However, you have to admit that our team in recent years has a lot more talent than any we've previously fielded. We're actually stronger on both sides of the ball compared to our previous playoff contending teams (yes, there haven't been that many). Okay, that aside, I agree that Denver has been one of the most consistently strong teams in the AFC West for more than a decade. That's why I hate them so much!

I also wanted to back Naf on his assertion that the Broncos have had lackluster drafts in recent years. Everyone from the 2002 draft is no longer a Bronco, including 1st rounder Ashlie Lelie and 2nd Rounder Clinton Portis. Granted, Portis was traded but Lelie was a bust. Everyone from the 2003 draft is no longer a Bronco. Again, George Foster was traded but he never earned his 1st round grade. Only 2 players from the 2004 draft is on the Broncos. 1st rounder DJ Williams and I will say he is definitely a top notch player. You also have 5th rounder Jeff Shoate but I have no idea where he stands on your team's depth chart. Your last 2 drafts seemed to stick much better with the exception of the Maurice Clarett pick. We'll see how this current draft pans out, although my only concern with your draft is Thomas. If he plays like he should and keeps himself out of trouble, your team has potential to be pretty good.
      This is one of the most balanced and intelligently written posts I have ever read. You gave due respect to our Denver team. There was some criticism but it was not given in an obnoxious and uncool way.I too respect the Chargers. They always play us tough, and you can always count on an exciting game when our teams meet. So I wish you a good injury free season in 2007.It was worth a CP which I gave. Keep on posting.
      Last edited by Broncomaniac PG; 05-02-2007, 10:36 PM. Reason: additional ideas

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe
        Real Broncos fans? You referring to me, troll? I watched the first game ever played
        in the AFL: the Denver Broncos vs. the Boston Patriots, September 17, 1960. Tell
        me, did you watch the first game the Chargers ever played? Don't come at me as if
        I am not a "real" Bronco fan, or you can pick up your feces and go home.

Now, do you have an intelligent argument to present, or just this puke? I presented
        the consistent W-L record and championships as the end results of Denver's
        recruiting processes. That is the bottom line. That is where the rubber meets the
        road. The name of the game is winning. (There, now you have learned something
        new.) If a team wins, it did it with personnel. If it loses, it did it with the lack of it.
        Denver, then, has proven it has had the personnel. How did Denver get it?

Time to go home, Chargers fan . . .

P.S. I suggest you read through some threads and posts, noob, before you make
        the claim that Broncos fans can't criticize their own team, you with five posts. You
        don't have the foggiest, obviously.

And I don't think Shanny gives a rat's behind whether or not you respect him.

-----
        I am calling you a real bronco fan....one that only sees orange and blue and can never critize anything about their team.

If I wanted your bronco resume I would have asked for it....but thanks for the input.

My fault for even posting. I thought there was a slight possibility of having a rational disscusion.....but then I forgot that I am posting on the Bronco board.

See u guys during the year....for your sake I hope your guys have "Gelled" and your young talent comes through or it is going to be a long year......

Comment

• Originally posted by kmartin575
          Henry is not just as good as Willis McGahee. There is a reason both Buffalo and Tennessee decided to not keep Henry. McGahee is a hell of alot more talented than Henry and will put up great numbers in Baltimore.
          I don't see a problem with the ratings, and don't find you believing the baltimore is a better team than we are. I don't believe they are at all..... BUT... from this statement that you just made above, I have to point out you are VERY wrong. McGahee has never proven to be a better runner than Henry, and I would LOVE to make a bet with you on the end results of the seasons totals. I would GLADLY make a bet that Henry has more rushing yardage, and total yardage, than McGahhe will. I'll bet 1,000 dollars on that right NOW if you want. There is NO reason to believe that McGahee is in a better position as a RB on the Ravens that Henry is with the Broncos. He is NOT more talented, and hasn't proven to be as good as Henry has in the NFL.

McGahee when starting full time averages under 4 yrds a carry and around 5-6 TDs

Henry when starting full time averages over 4 yrds a carry, and over 10 TDs.

There is NOTHING that shows me McGahee is a more talented runner, at ALLLLL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gsam
            http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ls/draft/2007/

Scroll down to the poll at the bottom.

Which team is most likely to win the AFC crown in 2007?

Bengals
            Chargers
            Colts
            Patriots
            Ravens
            Other

This to me says they are saying we are not even one of the top 5 teams in the AFC. Gotta love it!

I personally believe we are better than the Ravens and Begals for sure. I think its a toss up with the rest. Any given sunday....
            I think the broncos have done a fantastic job this offseason...but as far as respect, we have not won a playoff game in a LONG time. The teams above, except for the bengals, all belong in the top favorites for the AFC championship, and rightfully so. Denver is most definately a contendor, but will remain unproven until we can win a playoff game.

As far as the ravens, i think it is safe to say that the broncos have a superior offense, while the ravens certainly HAD a superior defense, this season will be a different story for the broncos...still gotta give credit to the Raven Defense

Comment

• Originally posted by naf_tlob
              I am calling you a real bronco fan....one that only sees orange and blue and can never critize anything about their team.

If I wanted your bronco resume I would have asked for it....but thanks for the input.

My fault for even posting. I thought there was a slight possibility of having a rational disscusion.....but then I forgot that I am posting on the Bronco board.

See u guys during the year....for your sake I hope your guys have "Gelled" and your young talent comes through or it is going to be a long year......
              That's your problem. You don't want to see anything. You just want to make
              assumptons. In doing so, you assume (you know how to spell "assume"?) what a
              poster's approach is to the team and game. I have more than 18,000 posts to
              which you can refer to find out. Instead, you with now six (6) whole posts think
              you know me. You will have a difficult time developing any credibility on this board
              with that attitude. I know I no longer deem you important enough to respond to,
              past this post. They say ignorance is bliss. You must be ecstatic. :wave:

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe
                That's your problem. You don't want to see anything. You just want to make
                assumptons. In doing so, you assume (you know how to spell "assume"?) what a
                poster's approach is to the team and game. I have more than 18,000 posts to
                which you can refer to find out. Instead, you with now six (6) whole posts think
                you know me. You will have a difficult time developing any credibility on this board
                with that attitude. I know I no longer deem you important enough to respond to,
                past this post. They say ignorance is bliss. You must be ecstatic. :wave:

-----
                Funny. Do you know your whole prediction for this season is based on "assumptions"(check your own spelling"). You are assuming all of these free agent signings are going to work.

Through this whole post I have not insulted you at all or called you any names as we both have different opinions. You are typical in that way of every bronco fan I come across which is a lot as I live in Denver. Instead of having a disscusion, you turn to insults.

Thanks for proving my point.

Comment

Funny. Do you know your whole prediction for this season is based on "assumptions"(check your own spelling"). You are assuming all of these free agent signings are going to work.

Through this whole post I have not insulted you at all or called you any names as we both have different opinions. You are typical in that way of every bronco fan I come across which is a lot as I live in Denver. Instead of having a disscusion, you turn to insults.

Please do not stereotype Broncos fans. I believe our fans are some of the most loyal fans out there and some, just as any other fan of any other team, will live and die by the Broncos. You cannot honestly tell me you haven't met a Bronco fan who isn't willing to have a mature discussion. I can name several from this post alone who are willing to criticize their team and the moves they have made.

I say we just leave this one alone and continue to have a mature discussion
                  "Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans"

Comment

Wow, just wow. So basically, if a Denver fan disagrees with you they get cast into the same category. Thats rather convenient dont you think...and Im in sure in all cases you're in the right by doing so...it couldn't be you could it?

Comment

• Originally posted by kmartin575
                      Why should every single media corporation respect Denver?

Cry me a river. Big freaking deal.

But while I'm on the subject, Denver is not better than Baltimore. Baltimore is superior to Denver at every position except for cornerback and wide receiver and Bailey/Bly to McCallister/Rolle is not much of a dropoff. The Ravens safeties still make there secondary better overall.
                      you are such a woman.
                      http://timtebowtime.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Gsam
                        http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ls/draft/2007/

Scroll down to the poll at the bottom.

Which team is most likely to win the AFC crown in 2007?

Bengals
                        Chargers
                        Colts
                        Patriots
                        Ravens
                        Other

This to me says they are saying we are not even one of the top 5 teams in the AFC. Gotta love it!

I personally believe we are better than the Ravens and Begals for sure. I think its a toss up with the rest. Any given sunday....

Yeah, I agree. Well, at least us fans know the team'll prove all the skeptics wrong. This is our season!

sigpic
                        They're your teammates, now.
                        Best of luck, TT!
                        ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Working...
                        X