Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AFC West: Who will show up? (No Smack)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by omac
    You're right, and that's just it; he's shown the ability to perform game winning or game tying drives in at least 3 of his 5 nfl games last season. And if people check what he did at Vanderbilt, he's done the same.

Against Arkansas, he led a late drive capping off a comeback win with a TD pass with 26 seconds left.

Against Florida, who would win the national championship the next year, Cutler would throw 2 TD passes in the last 2 minutes to tie the game and send it to overtime. Cutler scored 1st in overtime, but it's not like the nfl, or the game would be over. Florida won that game in 2nd overtime. His stats for that game against a great defensive team: 361 yards, 4 TDs and 2 INTs. If his team's defense could've stopped Florida in the 1st overtime, they would've won. The 42 points Vanderbilt scored was the most any team had scored on them all season.

Against Kentucky, they were down 34-3 ... and people think the Colt's comeback was good. From the end of the 3rd Q to all of the 4th, Vanderbilt scored 26 unanswered points, but still lost 48-43. Cutler's stats: 395 YDS, 5 TDs, 0 INTs.

His last college game, he scored a TD pass with one minute remaining to beat Tennessee, an opponent Vanderbilt hasn't beaten in 22 years. Some fans had tears in their eyes. Cutler had 315 YDS, 3 TDs, 0 INTs.

So I just want to clarify, what does he mean by "He shows brilliance, but not the heart of a winner." If he was in a strong team from a weak division (the exact opposite of Vanderbilt's definition) with lots of wins, would he then have the heart of a winner? The following year, the #1 team in the country, Ohio St., was blown away by Florida. Cutler's lowly Vanderbilt team gave a much more competitive showing than one of the consistently best teams in the country.

To me, that shows the heart of a winner, but maybe he meant something else?
    he could have meant he wanted to see cutler pump his fists or something and be demonstrative like rivers , on the field. but i don't think that's going to happen, i think those 2 carry themselves and celebrate in entirely different ways (which has been seen before in the nfl, some qbs are demonstrative, some are laid back, and it has nothing to do with wins and losses, it's just how players react)
    sigpic

Comment

I think Denver will do alright on the road and could pull a 12-4 or 13-3 season. I also believe they will push a little harder because they are playing to win it for teammates they lost in the off season.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey
        he could have meant he wanted to see cutler pump his fists or something and be demonstrative like rivers , on the field. but i don't think that's going to happen, i think those 2 carry themselves and celebrate in entirely different ways (which has been seen before in the nfl, some qbs are demonstrative, some are laid back, and it has nothing to do with wins and losses, it's just how players react)
        Yeah maybe; but anyway, congrats on SD so far getting the upper hand with Rivers over Eli ... here's hoping he has another real good year.

Comment

Denver - 11-5

Denver was 9-7 last year. i think denver can push this year on offense due to the fact that we have a legit back. which will help cutler. We added DG Te which should help with our running game, and our RT. and also be able to help move the chains through the air. i think with a improved running game it should help open the passing lanes. for jay. i think where one of our concerns is wideout. can marshall continue to shine. can smith come back and help out the O. Will stokely heal. Our Oline with a healthy lepsis should help. not as dominant as it use to be. they are blue collar and just get the job done.

Defense

once again it all depends on the Dline. If we can get past the first two downs and set the opposeing offense on third and longs. i tthink dumervil, crowder, moss. all noted pass rushers. will cut short a few of the opposeing offenses drives down. linebacker. Who will play strong side. MIKE linebacker with williams, should be interesting to watch to see if he can adjust. And WLB i think we should see good production out of gold, IF our line plays the run stout. CB should be the strength of the D and Safety is another question with lynch and fergie. hope we can see one of the youngsters step up his game.

I think the D is the question of our team. we will miss the leadership of al wilson and it might cost us.

Special teams should be better with saurbran. and hopefully we can get hixon returning kicks.

Overall i think we are better this year. but i think the Hole we left at MLB could hurt this D big time.
          ------------
          San Diego.(11-5) Should be good but didnt they lose 3 linebackers this year. this team could be scarey yet again.
          ---------
          Kansas City.(6-10)
          ---------
          Oakland.(8-8) depending on how JR plays. and there Oline. if those two are knock out this year look for oakland to be about 8-8 or even 9-7
          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
          While he sits by his hearth at home.
          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
            Denver - 11-5

Denver was 9-7 last year. i think denver can push this year on offense due to the fact that we have a legit back. which will help cutler. We added DG Te which should help with our running game, and our RT. and also be able to help move the chains through the air. i think with a improved running game it should help open the passing lanes. for jay. i think where one of our concerns is wideout. can marshall continue to shine. can smith come back and help out the O. Will stokely heal. Our Oline with a healthy lepsis should help. not as dominant as it use to be. they are blue collar and just get the job done.

Defense

once again it all depends on the Dline. If we can get past the first two downs and set the opposeing offense on third and longs. i tthink dumervil, crowder, moss. all noted pass rushers. will cut short a few of the opposeing offenses drives down. linebacker. Who will play strong side. MIKE linebacker with williams, should be interesting to watch to see if he can adjust. And WLB i think we should see good production out of gold, IF our line plays the run stout. CB should be the strength of the D and Safety is another question with lynch and fergie. hope we can see one of the youngsters step up his game.

I think the D is the question of our team. we will miss the leadership of al wilson and it might cost us.

Special teams should be better with saurbran. and hopefully we can get hixon returning kicks.

Overall i think we are better this year. but i think the Hole we left at MLB could hurt this D big time.
            ------------
            San Diego.(11-5) Should be good but didnt they lose 3 linebackers this year. this team could be scarey yet again.
            ---------
            Kansas City.(6-10)
            ---------
            Oakland.(8-8) depending on how JR plays. and there Oline. if those two are knock out this year look for oakland to be about 8-8 or even 9-7
            I agree with your assessment, except I might knock a few more wins off the Chiefs.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
              I agree with your assessment, except I might knock a few more wins off the Chiefs.
              this pic reminded me of your adopted bronco's nickname -

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X