No announcement yet.

What Is Our WR Depth Chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod is just way too slow now. He cannot separate from DBs like he used to..... I honestly think he will retire next season.... he probably wont catch many balls this year either.... stokley should get the edge, because he at least has better quickness... but that all depends on how he heals up.....
    R.I.P. Darrent Williams and Damien Nash

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by I3IzOnCoF4n24
      Rod is just way too slow now. He cannot separate from DBs like he used to..... I honestly think he will retire next season.... he probably wont catch many balls this year either.... stokley should get the edge, because he at least has better quickness... but that all depends on how he heals up.....
      Even though I hate to say it I agree...
      I don't think we will ever see a Rod Smith 100 yard game again.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
        If both Smith and S-t-o-k-l-e-y can come back healthy, what makes you think he'll beat out Smith?

Maybe Smith's inability to seperate last year was due to his hip injury. And before that S-t-o-k-l-e-y was never even close to Rod Smith....

I'll take my chances with a potential HOFer at the end of his career over a slot receiver, who's never even been a starter, at the end of his career. Especially since S-t-o-k-l-e-y is the one coming off a serious injury.....
        lol typo! i type too fast sometimes

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by mxbronco13
          Even though I hate to say it I agree...
          I don't think we will ever see a Rod Smith 100 yard game again.
          His best days are behind him..... i dont think he is going to reach 900 catches for his career.... even though it would be sweet if he could..... hes what... 51 away? thats a reach...

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Comment

I think that there is a possibility that the loser of the Stokley: Smith battle could be cut. But its more likely to keep both to have a deadly 4-wide reciever set.
            sigpic

Comment

Why cut a guy who could start anywhere?

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan
              I think that there is a possibility that the loser of the Stokley: Smith battle could be cut. But its more likely to keep both to have a deadly 4-wide reciever set.
              You really think Hixon and Morgan are that good? Stokley and Rod earning that much scratch? Shanny said Marshall's #2, but as far as rapport with Cutler, Marshall has more practice time with him than Rod, so I imagine that's part of it. Rod just had his surgery, and we have no idea how'll look at the start of the season. Personally, I think/hope he'll be much improved and be our #2. As far as separation, that's not what made Rod; he FOUND the open spot, he didn't run to it. He still will, and still be a great run blocker. Marshall's a great receiver, and I think he'll be a solid #3, but I see Javon and Rod as the starters. It really depends on his recovery, but I'm optimistic.
              Last edited by Morambar; 05-07-2007, 11:31 AM.
              SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mxbronco13
                Didn't Stokley start and have a 1000 yard season?
                Three years back the Colts ran alot 3 receiver sets and end up with over a 1000 yards receiving but he wasn't really a starter.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Morambar
                  You really think Hixon and Morgan are that good? Stokley and Rod earning that much scratch? Shanny said Marshall's #2, but as far as rapport with Cutler, Marshall has more practice time with him than Rod, so I imagine that's part of it. Rod just had his surgery, and we have no idea how'll look at the start of the season. Personally, I think/hope he'll be much improved and be our #2. As far as separation, that's not what made Rod; he FOUND the open spot, he didn't run to it. He still will, and still be a great run blocker. Marshall's a great receiver, and I think he'll be a solid #3, but I see Javon and Rod as the starters. It really depends on his recovery, but I'm optimistic.
                  sadly.... i just dont see him fully recovering from his injury, enough to have a large impact at least

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Comment

Working...
                  X