Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superbowl XL11 Up To Cutler

Mike Klick Denver Post

Mike Shannahan shook up his coaching staff,rebuilt his offense and added speed and bulk to his defense.Yet,newcomer Dre Bly,Jarvis Moss,DJ Williams(as in middle linebacker)Travis Henry,Daniel Graham,Brandan Stokely,Jim Bates and Scott OBrien are mere parts in the Broncos quest to play in Superbowl XL11 next to the engine that is Jay Cutler.

Any time a team has a second year quarterback,the second year quarterback becomes the X facter to a teams season.Is Cutler Ready to take the Broncos to Arizona in early February?

The best year in Dan Marinos fabulous career was his second season,when he threw for his second season,when he threw for 48 touchdowns and more than 5000 yards.

Most quarterbacks though,take quantum leaps in their third season.John Elway delivered THE DRIVE in his FOURTH SEASON.Whats your thoughts
    Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 05-08-2007, 04:52 PM.

Poor Jay, talk about pressure. Wait, there is no pressure, none at all.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay
      Poor Jay, talk about pressure. Wait, there is no pressure, none at all.
      I agree.I just want Jay and Nalen to get those snaps together,this alone will improve Jays game.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
        I agree.I just want Jay and Nalen to get those snaps together,this alone will improve Jays game.
        why don't they just go shotgun every down, henry seemed to love running out of that in tenn. last season

(sarcasm)
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not worried about Jay doing his share, but as I recall, it's a TEAM game.

I wonder...

Would it have been all on Jake if he were still the starter? Or would the defense once again be the question mark?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman

I wonder...

Would it have been all on Jake if he were still the starter? Or would the defense once again be the question mark?
            No sense in wondering what would have been. Can we please put jake (the issue) to bed?
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey
              why don't they just go shotgun every down, henry seemed to love running out of that in tenn. last season

(sarcasm)
              I would like to see the shotgun used, in which Elway was very succussfull when utilizing it.Jay seems to be more comfortable with the shotgun.

I hope the playbook becomes automatic to Jay this season
              Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 05-08-2007, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman

I wonder...

Well said

I just hope everyone feels this way

Comment

Mike Klick Denver Post

Mike Shannahan shook up his coaching staff,rebuilt his offense and added speed and bulk to his defense.Yet,newcomer Dre Bly,Jarvis Moss,DJ Williams(as in middle linebacker)Travis Henry,Daniel Graham,Brandan Stokely,Jim Bates and Scott OBrien are mere parts in the Broncos quest to play in Superbowl XL11 next to the engine that is Jay Cutler.

Any time a team has a second year quarterback,the second year quarterback becomes the X facter to a teams season.Is Cutler Ready to take the Broncos to Arizona in early February?

The best year in Dan Marinos fabulous career was his second season,when he threw for his second season,when he threw for 48 touchdowns and more than 5000 yards.

Most quarterbacks though,take quantum leaps in their third season.John Elway delivered THE DRIVE in his FOURTH SEASON.Whats your thoughts

Elway had a good 2nd season also, they were 13-3 that year and then blew it to the 8-8 steelers in the playoffs, and in 85 elway again had a very good year and denver went 11-5 but still missed the playoffs, but my point is that elway didnt have the talent like cutler has, so even if he dosnt have the greatest "stats", I expect him to be very good and for denver also to do very good this year as iam sure shanny does!
                  sigpic

Comment

I think Shanahan is trying to give Cutler all the weapons he can so that he won't have to do everything himself the way Elway did. Bringing in Bates is another move in that direction. With the new defensive scheme, hopefully the defense will be able to erase what ever mistakes the offense(Jay in particular) does make. Bringing in O'Brien(Special Teams Coach) and Sauerbrun are other moves in that direction as well. As long as Jay has learned the playbook and learns to get rid of the ball sooner, he should do just fine and the Broncos should be serious contenders.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I would like to see the shotgun used, in which Elway was very succussfull when utilizing it.Jay seems to be more comfortable with the shotgun.

I hope the playbook becomes automatic to Jay this season
                      Me too.

And I hope the playbook opens up a little more, you know.. a little more passing!
                      sigpic

Comment

Well said

I just hope everyone feels this way
                        Unfortunately there is always some that don't.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Cutler At The Wheel!

The running game will be the X-FACTOR!
                          ASK? Our hero ELWAY! He will tell ya the same! #30 DAVIS! :thumb:
                          It will be up to the run to get CUTLER comfortable and looking good!
                          ROTHLISBERGER ! SUPER BOWL RING ! RUNNING GAME! RUNNING GAME! WELL, And DEFENSE! :brick:

bringin it! VIA! EAST, TEXAS! (HOOK EM HORNS)

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee
                            I think Shanahan is trying to give Cutler all the weapons he can so that he won't have to do everything himself the way Elway did. Bringing in Bates is another move in that direction. With the new defensive scheme, hopefully the defense will be able to erase what ever mistakes the offense(Jay in particular) does make. Bringing in O'Brien(Special Teams Coach) and Sauerbrun are other moves in that direction as well. As long as Jay has learned the playbook and learns to get rid of the ball sooner, he should do just fine and the Broncos should be serious contenders.
                            Sounds good to me :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by broncobuss
                              Elway had a good 2nd season also, they were 13-3 that year and then blew it to the 8-8 steelers in the playoffs, and in 85 elway again had a very good year and denver went 11-5 but still missed the playoffs, but my point is that elway didnt have the talent like cutler has, so even if he dosnt have the greatest "stats", I expect him to be very good and for denver also to do very good this year as iam sure shanny does!
                              Good point! If Cutler and Company takes us to the playoffs this message board will explode.

Comment

Working...
                              X