Finally-denver Gets Respect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topscribe
    As a fellow Broncos fan, I'm proud of you!

As a realist, I have to disagree with you, for now.

But really, Jax??

-----
    Well I do think Jax has the best D in the NFL.

On offense they have 2 good RBs, that showed they can share the ball. At WR I expect both Matt Jones and Reggie Williams to break out. Mercedes Lewis will be in his 2nd year at TE and is a decent pass catching threat.

It will all come down to how Leftwich plays, but he is in a contract year so I expect him to have his best year yet.

Anyways, I think they surprise and knock Indy out of the top spot in that division this year.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by evendelae
      Do you guys really think we're better than the Saints? Or the Bears. We could be, but atm...

We're not.

we are better then the bears ,, or the saints
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho
        Maybe the Saints, but Chicago is better than us

Comment

Originally posted by Deltagbear
          The Chiefs are always going to give our division headaches and at some point they are due to make a run at the SB. They are getting old and if they are going to make a run you can bet they know this better be the year.

what do you think the chiefs been doing for the last five years...waiting for shields and roaf, holmes, and green to leave so they can make a run?...they have been makeing a run...but haveent got it done

this year looks even worse...there will bo no run for the chiefs
          sigpic

Comment

Denver is among maybe six teams in the AFC who are better than either team, IMHO.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzman1987

had we played in the nfc ...maybe....they still have a troubled qb.....they also coulnt compete with indy in the super bowl....who only beat us by a fg....keeping in mind we had plummer at the helm, tater as the feature back and coyers follies

now we have a a better qb the the bears....probably a better run game...better wrs?...great TE...two pro bowl Cbs and hopefully a pass rush and a much better def cord
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzman1987
                I disagree. I wouldnt say we're definitively better than Chicago either though. Their defenses are comparable but Chicago has a big edge on the DL whereas we have a big edge in the secondary. The LBs are a wash. But we all know how important a good DLine is so I give a slight edge to Chicago on defense. But on offense, Im a lot more impressed with Denver.

Comment

If Prisco had the Chiefs as #1, I would have considered him worse than a moron.

More like a mental vegetable.

-----
                  True , but I think the the Chiefs at 26 is a bit too low. Sure, QB questions, etc...but they only play us twice all year. I still think they will be competitive in the league, and warrant a spot probably 10 places higher...

Prisco is weird. We are at 4 with neither of our units in the "top 10"see thread . I know there is something to be said about balance, but a lot of those "elite" units are rated below us. I think it is correct, but why does Prisco dish out love in one respect and none in another...?
                  Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Denver is among maybe six teams in the AFC who are better than either team, IMHO.

-----

the two best teams in the nfc....saints and bear

teams in the afc that would beat them...indy , patriots, chargers, broncos,?
                    sigpic

Comment

Well . . .

Originally posted by lex
                      I disagree. I wouldnt say we're definitively better than Chicago either though. Their defenses are comparable but Chicago has a big edge on the DL whereas we have a big edge in the secondary. The LBs are a wash. But we all know how important a good DLine is so I give a slight edge to Chicago on defense. But on offense, Im a lot more impressed with Denver.
                      Chicago HAD a big edge at DL. Do they now? Possibly, but less of one if they do. With
                      Thomas joining a now healthy Warren and the additions of Moss and Crowder, and
                      the way Ekuban came on strong late last year, and Dumervil there with a year under
                      his belt . . . we'll see.

-----

Comment

the two best teams in the nfc....saints and bear

teams in the afc that would beat them...indy , patriots, chargers, broncos,?
                        Plus the Ravens and Jax?

-----

Comment

Chicago > Denver

Chicago played in the Superbowl last year; Denver didn't make the playoffs. And to those that say the Bears benefitted from an easy schedule, remember that they didn't lose to the 49ers AT HOME. In fact, they handled them quite easily.

Their defense has been dominant every single week. The Broncos defense has been stellar for one stretch, and abysmal in others.

Comment

had we played in the nfc ...maybe....they still have a troubled qb.....they also coulnt compete with indy in the super bowl....who only beat us by a fg....keeping in mind we had plummer at the helm, tater as the feature back and coyers follies
                            They smashed the 49ers who we lost to. At home btw. so the Indy comparison doesn't really mean much. any given sunday. the reason i give the edge to Chicago is their d. Denver's Offense is better. if the two teams played it wouldn't be a high scoring game, and thats the kind of games great defenses win and theirs is better than ours

Comment

Well I think we will have a very good idea early if we can do something special this year. Weeks 3-7 are going to be a very, very strong test. Jax, Indy, SD, Pitt...easily the most important stretch in our schedule and we get three at home. Hopefully we continue to be a strong team out of the gate because a 5-2 record would be huge (all conference games).

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
                                Chicago > Denver

Chicago played in the Superbowl last year; Denver didn't make the playoffs. And to those that say the Bears benefitted from an easy schedule, remember that they didn't lose to the 49ers AT HOME. In fact, they handled them quite easily.

Their defense has been dominant every single week. The Broncos defense has been stellar for one stretch, and abysmal in others.
                                Did Denver's offseason escape you?

Oh well . . . it's all subjective, anyway.

-----

Comment

Working...
                                X