Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CANTON,OH are you listening????

TRYING TO REMEMBER!
    Is Sharpe eligible for the HALL next year?
    Only one BRONCO in the HALL right now! UNBELIVABLE!!!!
    Plenty of room for criminals but no room for MECK,ATWATER,T.D. ETC,ETC,ETC!
    I think this is a BIG JOKE! What do ya think BRONCOLAND????

:wave: (BRINGIN IT! (VIA) the ALAMO! REMEMBER! REMEMBER! REMEMBER!)

2 years I believe... He retired in 04'
    sigpic

Comment

Sharpe will be a 1st ballot guy I think.

Until the HOF lets Gradishar in, they are a joke to me.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

your not elegible for 5 years after you retire in the nfl.

why do you think elway had to wait so long? btw he was a first ballot vote.

5 years in mandatory because guys always contiplate retirement and come back sometimes in a year or two.
        sigpic

Comment

Atwater will be there shortly after Shannon.

Comment

What is missing from this resume?

Gradishar was a three-year starter with the Ohio State University Buckeyes from 1971 to 1973. Former Ohio State head coach Woody Hayes called Gradishar "the best linebacker I ever coached"[1]. He made 134 tackles in his senior year.

In Gradishar's three years with the Buckeyes, the team had a 25-6-1 record, with two Big Ten Conference championships. Gradishar's final collegiate game was a 42-21 victory over the University of Southern California in the 1974 Rose Bowl, to complete a 10-0-1 season.

Gradishar was a consensus first-team All-America selection in 1972 and a unanimous first-team All-America selection in 1973. In 1973 Gradishar finished sixth in the voting for the Heisman Trophy.

Gradishar was inducted into the Ohio State Varsity O Hall of Fame in 1983. In 1987 he was induced into the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame. Gradishar was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1998. He was selected to the Ohio State Football All-Century Team in 2000.

The Ohio State end-of-season award for most outstanding linebacker is known as the Randy Gradishar Award.

Gradishar was drafted 14th overall in the 1974 NFL Draft by the Broncos. Gradishar went on to spend 10 seasons with Denver, assisting them to Super Bowl XII after the 1977 season. He made the Pro Bowl seven times, including six consecutive appearances from 1977 to 1983. He was named consensus NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 1978 by winning the Associated Press Award award, along with the UPI Defensive Player of the Year award and the NEA Defensive MVP award, receiving the George S. Halas Trophy for his effort.

Gradishar retired after the 1983 season, finishing his career with over 2,000 tackles and 20 interceptions, which he returned for 335 yards and four touchdowns. He also recovered 13 fumbles, returning them for 72 yards and one touchdown. Since his retirement, he has been nominated for the Pro Football Hall of Fame several times, but has yet to be enshrined. He was among the 15 finalists in 2005, and has made the top 25 list so far in 2006.

Pro Bowls 7
            Honors 1978 Defensive Player of the Year
            1974 All-Rookie
            1975 Pro Bowl
            1976 2nd Team All-AFC
            1977 All-Pro, All-AFC, Pro Bowl
            1978 All-Pro, All-AFC, Pro Bowl
            1979 All-Pro, All-AFC, Pro Bowl
            1980 All-Pro
            1981 All-Pro, All-AFC, Pro Bowl
            1982 All-AFC,Pro Bowl
            1983 2nd Team All-Pro/All-AFC, Pro Bowl
            Denver Broncos Ring of Fame
            Ohio State Varsity Hall of Fame
            Colorado Sports Hall of Fame
            Ohio State Football All-Century Team
            College Football Hall of Fame

Last edited by speardog; 05-09-2007, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Gradshair
              ATwater
              Zimmerman
              and TD should be there

bunch of haters on the HOF panel

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzman1987
                Gradshair
                ATwater
                Zimmerman
                and TD should be there

bunch of haters on the HOF panel
                TD while he was healthy was probably the best team running back of all time. He ran, catched, blocked (I never before and never since seen any rb hit the pass rushers on pass routes near as much as TD did), did not fumble, rarely lost yards putting the offense in bad long yardage situations, played hurt and most importantly never made public cries for more money.

Only 3 or 4 good years tho....as much as I love him I am not sure if his career should be considered for HoF entry.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez
                  TD while he was healthy was probably the best team running back of all time. He ran, catched, blocked (I never before and never since seen any rb hit the pass rushers on pass routes near as much as TD did), did not fumble, rarely lost yards putting the offense in bad long yardage situations, played hurt and most importantly never made public cries for more money.

Only 3 or 4 good years tho....as much as I love him I am not sure if his career should be considered for HoF entry.
                  he played longer, put up better numbers, and won more awards than Gale Sayers...

Comment

Thank you Speardog . . .

Originally posted by speardog
                    Gradishar was a three-year starter with the Ohio State University Buckeyes from 1971 to 1973. Former Ohio State head coach Woody Hayes called Gradishar "the best linebacker I ever coached"[1]. He made 134 tackles in his senior year.

In Gradishar's three years with the Buckeyes, the team had a 25-6-1 record, with two Big Ten Conference championships. Gradishar's final collegiate game was a 42-21 victory over the University of Southern California in the 1974 Rose Bowl, to complete a 10-0-1 season.

Gradishar was a consensus first-team All-America selection in 1972 and a unanimous first-team All-America selection in 1973. In 1973 Gradishar finished sixth in the voting for the Heisman Trophy.

Gradishar was inducted into the Ohio State Varsity O Hall of Fame in 1983. In 1987 he was induced into the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame. Gradishar was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1998. He was selected to the Ohio State Football All-Century Team in 2000.

The Ohio State end-of-season award for most outstanding linebacker is known as the Randy Gradishar Award.

Gradishar was drafted 14th overall in the 1974 NFL Draft by the Broncos. Gradishar went on to spend 10 seasons with Denver, assisting them to Super Bowl XII after the 1977 season. He made the Pro Bowl seven times, including six consecutive appearances from 1977 to 1983. He was named consensus NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 1978 by winning the Associated Press Award award, along with the UPI Defensive Player of the Year award and the NEA Defensive MVP award, receiving the George S. Halas Trophy for his effort.

Gradishar retired after the 1983 season, finishing his career with over 2,000 tackles and 20 interceptions, which he returned for 335 yards and four touchdowns. He also recovered 13 fumbles, returning them for 72 yards and one touchdown. Since his retirement, he has been nominated for the Pro Football Hall of Fame several times, but has yet to be enshrined. He was among the 15 finalists in 2005, and has made the top 25 list so far in 2006.

Pro Bowls 7
                    Honors 1978 Defensive Player of the Year
                    1974 All-Rookie
                    1975 Pro Bowl
                    1976 2nd Team All-AFC
                    1977 All-Pro, All-AFC, Pro Bowl
                    1978 All-Pro, All-AFC, Pro Bowl
                    1979 All-Pro, All-AFC, Pro Bowl
                    1980 All-Pro
                    1981 All-Pro, All-AFC, Pro Bowl
                    1982 All-AFC,Pro Bowl
                    1983 2nd Team All-Pro/All-AFC, Pro Bowl
                    Denver Broncos Ring of Fame
                    Ohio State Varsity Hall of Fame
                    Colorado Sports Hall of Fame
                    Ohio State Football All-Century Team
                    College Football Hall of Fame

Maybe someone ought to send that post ^ to Canton . . .

-----

Comment

Absolutely agree about Gradishar.

On a side note, in 1978, Randy had 286 tackles.

6 200+ tackle seasons in all.
                      Last edited by columbiaskinny; 05-09-2007, 09:25 AM.

Comment

It is a shame that there are no other Bronco's in the hall. Elway even said so in his induction ceremony. But now that HE is in I would be suprised if more did not follow. Just gotta get em rolling in now.
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Floyd Little

Is the Broncos BEST all-time rb IMHO

:salute:

sig by Broncofancam may he REST IN PEACE

Thanks for the sig VULCAN
                          R.I.P. Darrent :salute:R.I.P. Damien

Comment

The Hall of Fame deal is the biggest joke in sports.....

A franchise as successful as the Broncos have been for the last 30 years to only have ONE f'n member is a farce.

I live an hour from the Hall, and haven't been there since Elway was inducted and won;t go back until the next Broncos is deservingly included....

It make me ill....

Check Out MHR Radio

Subscribe To MHR Radio - The PodCast

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez

If Gale Sayers is there TD should be there. Period.
                              Proud Bronco fan since 1975. I just wish every football player out there today was more like my man Rod Smith. Knowing we will never see him on the field again is very hard. He gave everything he had and left his guts on the field. I will miss him.

Comment

Working...
                              X