Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver should sign Keyshawn

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Denver should sign Keyshawn

    Denver should sign Keyshawn

    05/09/2007 - The Broncos should sign Keyshawn Johnson this week. Last year Johnson caught more passes than the Broncos' leading receiver.

    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos

    I dont think we should...he has a bad attitude.. it would be just like when we were thinking of signing T.O.

  • #2
    I think Marshall would beat him out for #2 anyways, but hey its not my money.

    R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd bring him in. Paige has a very good argument about it. I think he would help more than hurt the team, and he is an offensive threat.

      Comment


      • #4
        Big name recievers with big stats don't mean anything. Keyshawn is fine, but he is the last thing we need right now. Between Walker, Smith, and Marshall he wouid just be a possession reciever and that's why we got Stokely. I think sometimes people just want a team made up of star caliber players, but that doesn't always work because you have too many kings in the castle fighting for the crown. Just look at the last "Dream Team" for basketball in the olympics. All that talent and no one thought about passing the ball.

        Comment


        • #5
          I wouldnt mind.

          I wouldnt mind if we got Johnson, but really we dont need b/c we already got Walker who is quite god, Marshal who is learing, and Stokley who is a pretty good receiver.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have thought about this over and over. I would not mind another weapon - especially if can he can be productive and is cheap. I am all for what can help us win big games!!



            ----------------------------------------------
            I work at Vanderbilt University

            Where Jay Graduated!


            I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Aside from Walker, we don't have a receiver that can be considered a legitimate threat in the passing game. There's no guarantee that Rod is going to come back and have a great year. There's also no guarantee that Marshall is going to have a break out year and prove to be an effective starter. There's no guarantee that Stokley will be healthy and effective. Between Rod and Stokley, one of them could end up being cut depending on which one gets healthy first. Keyshawn is a talented receiver and would help the Broncos win games. Given how long he has been in the NFL, he knows enough that if he goes to a team like Denver or any team with a legitimate chance to compete for the championship, he can't just walk in like he's the main guy. If he goes to Denver, he will know that Javon is the go to guy in the passing game. He was in that same situation in Carolina when Steve Smith was the main guy and he was happy enough with that and seemingly would have been happy to continue with that, if they hadn't cut him. Shanahan should at least talk to Keyshawn and see what he has to say about how he could fit in with the team. Shanahan gave Terrell Owens that same chance and passed on him. Maybe Keyshawn will have some better answers.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by calibroncogrl47
                Denver should sign Keyshawn

                05/09/2007 - The Broncos should sign Keyshawn Johnson this week. Last year Johnson caught more passes than the Broncos' leading receiver.

                http://www.denverpost.com/broncos

                I dont think we should...he has a bad attitude.. it would be just like when we were thinking of signing T.O.


                Right there with ya calibroncogrl47


                :salute:

                sig by Broncofancam may he REST IN PEACE



                Thanks for the sig VULCAN
                R.I.P. Darrent :salute:R.I.P. Damien

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by broncolee
                  Aside from Walker, we don't have a receiver that can be considered a legitimate threat in the passing game. There's no guarantee that Rod is going to come back and have a great year. There's also no guarantee that Marshall is going to have a break out year and prove to be an effective starter. There's no guarantee that Stokley will be healthy and effective. Between Rod and Stokley, one of them could end up being cut depending on which one gets healthy first. Keyshawn is a talented receiver and would help the Broncos win games. Given how long he has been in the NFL, he knows enough that if he goes to a team like Denver or any team with a legitimate chance to compete for the championship, he can't just walk in like he's the main guy. If he goes to Denver, he will know that Javon is the go to guy in the passing game. He was in that same situation in Carolina when Steve Smith was the main guy and he was happy enough with that and seemingly would have been happy to continue with that, if they hadn't cut him. Shanahan should at least talk to Keyshawn and see what he has to say about how he could fit in with the team. Shanahan gave Terrell Owens that same chance and passed on him. Maybe Keyshawn will have some better answers.

                  Here is my problem with saying "Javon is good, but the others all have questions marks" argument:

                  Okay, Javon Walker is #1, and I don't think anyone is upset about this. Scheffler and Graham will be good, and Henry will probably take a lot of pressure off the passing game (more consistent running, check-down routes, etc.) So how many receivers does Denver REALLY need going? A solid 1-2 punch, with some back-ups works for me. If that is the case (argument could be made here, of course), then what are the odds that NONE of three "iffy" WRs can contribute? I'm guessing at least ONE of them will be fine, and the offense is set.
                  "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

                  "All models are wrong, but some are useful."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CSU_stat
                    Here is my problem with saying "Javon is good, but the others all have questions marks" argument:

                    Okay, Javon Walker is #1, and I don't think anyone is upset about this. Scheffler and Graham will be good, and Henry will probably take a lot of pressure off the passing game (more consistent running, check-down routes, etc.) So how many receivers does Denver REALLY need going? A solid 1-2 punch, with some back-ups works for me. If that is the case (argument could be made here, of course), then what are the odds that NONE of three "iffy" WRs can contribute? I'm guessing at least ONE of them will be fine, and the offense is set.

                    If we can get a balanced attack. 50 pass 50 Rush then we will be good. Another receiver like Keyshawn who is great going across the middle will only help our running game and our passing game will help the running game.



                    ----------------------------------------------
                    I work at Vanderbilt University

                    Where Jay Graduated!


                    I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cutlerfan
                      If we can get a balanced attack. 50 pass 50 Rush then we will be good. Another receiver like Keyshawn who is great going across the middle will only help our running game and our passing game will help the running game.

                      But that's my point: I think Denver is there ALREADY! Looking just at Rod, Javon, and Marshall, we have receivers who will go over the middle. If a problem arises there, Graham and Scheffler are more than capable.

                      I'm not saying that Keyshawn would be BAD, per se, just that it's not necessary for on-field production, and questionable as far as locker room chemistry goes. Plus, he'll probably want to get paid at some point.
                      "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

                      "All models are wrong, but some are useful."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CSU_stat
                        Here is my problem with saying "Javon is good, but the others all have questions marks" argument:

                        Okay, Javon Walker is #1, and I don't think anyone is upset about this. Scheffler and Graham will be good, and Henry will probably take a lot of pressure off the passing game (more consistent running, check-down routes, etc.) So how many receivers does Denver REALLY need going? A solid 1-2 punch, with some back-ups works for me. If that is the case (argument could be made here, of course), then what are the odds that NONE of three "iffy" WRs can contribute? I'm guessing at least ONE of them will be fine, and the offense is set.
                        Considering that two of the "iffy" receivers are coming off injuries(one of whom is 37 years old) and the third is a 2nd year player who didn't break into the rotation until late last season, the odds of none of them contributing much are not so slim. If you have the chance to place two receivers on the field that are legitimate targets, you have to take advantage of that opportunity. Unless Marshall is just absolutely impressing the hell out of the coaching staff right now, Shanahan needs to go after Keyshawn. Leaving Javon out there as the only legitimate outside threat will take him out of the game and thus Graham and Scheffler will be taken out of the game as well when defenses know that the Broncos have to settle for throwing to the TEs because there aren't any WRs open to catch the ball. If Stokley was healthy, it might not be necessary to go after Keyshawn, but Stokley isn't healthy and Keyshawn is available. How can you pass on the opportunity without at least considering it, if you're Mike Shanahan?
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          In theory, whats wrong with adding another good receiver who we might keep or cut before the beggining of the season? If Marshall or Stokley beat him out then no worries, he gets cut. Adds more competition.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Whether or not you like Keyshawn, he's a proven receiver who could step in if Brandon and Rod cannot perform, and he could possible be the #2 receiver on the team. It's adding depth to a position that could use it, and regardless of what people think about him - he is an upgrade to our football team and would help Cutler's progression a great deal by providing a big target and a reliable receiver. Bring him in.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by broncolee
                              Considering that two of the "iffy" receivers are coming off injuries(one of whom is 37 years old) and the third is a 2nd year player who didn't break into the rotation until late last season, the odds of none of them contributing much are not so slim. If you have the chance to place two receivers on the field that are legitimate targets, you have to take advantage of that opportunity. Unless Marshall is just absolutely impressing the hell out of the coaching staff right now, Shanahan needs to go after Keyshawn. Leaving Javon out there as the only legitimate outside threat will take him out of the game and thus Graham and Scheffler will be taken out of the game as well when defenses know that the Broncos have to settle for throwing to the TEs because there aren't any WRs open to catch the ball. If Stokley was healthy, it might not be necessary to go after Keyshawn, but Stokley isn't healthy and Keyshawn is available. How can you pass on the opportunity without at least considering it, if you're Mike Shanahan?

                              That's fair: if you're Mike Shanahan, you DO consider it (and you're a bad non-GM if you don't!) And maybe he would help...but I'm just not that enamored with him. And Denver's O was coming around towards the end of last season with an inexperienced Marshall, an injured Smith, no Stokley, no Graham, no Lepsis, and an inconsistent running game. I think they'll be just fine this year without adding a new ego (reformed or not.)

                              EDIT:

                              I probably just don't like Keyshawn, and it really wouldn't ruin my day if Denver signs him. I've been wrong before...
                              "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

                              "All models are wrong, but some are useful."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X