Denver should sign Keyshawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't need him and can't afford him.

I know I said that somewhere else, but it apparently bears repeating. If we had the money for someone like that (which I don't believe we do) I'm much rather spend it to sign Randall Godfrey at SLB for a couple years until we can draft someone to give us the best LB trio in the League again. I'd rather pay Godfrey $6-7 mill over two years to do a job we need and possibly get us both a Ring than pay Keyshawn the same over ONE year to do a job where we've got talent coming out our ears. Brandon Stokley is going to be our #4 WR; he was #3 in INDY!
    SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Morambar
      I know I said that somewhere else, but it apparently bears repeating. If we had the money for someone like that (which I don't believe we do) I'm much rather spend it to sign Randall Godfrey at SLB for a couple years until we can draft someone to give us the best LB trio in the League again. I'd rather pay Godfrey $6-7 mill over two years to do a job we need and possibly get us both a Ring than pay Keyshawn the same over ONE year to do a job where we've got talent coming out our ears. Brandon Stokley is going to be our #4 WR; he was #3 in INDY!
      I don't think anyone is going to pay Keyshawn 6-7 million for one year. He will probably get something closer to 1 million plus a signing bonus. He is a solid receiver and would absolutely help us win games.

Sign him up Shanny!
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I might tolerate him for that.

I dunno; how much are we paying Stokley? I don't want to lose Rods blocking and route running (and I think he'll look really good once he's healthy for the first time in years) and I really like Marshall. I just can't see a thread about Keyshawn without thinking of how well Godfrey would mesh with our squad and in particular with Gold and D.J. And I see a LOT of threads on Keyshawn....
        SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee
          I don't think anyone is going to pay Keyshawn 6-7 million for one year. He will probably get something closer to 1 million plus a signing bonus. He is a solid receiver and would absolutely help us win games.

Sign him up Shanny!
          He could mow my yard for a coca cola but that's about it.
          The NFL being played overseas is a terrible idea.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglebronco
            He could mow my yard for a coca cola but that's about it.
            Keyshawn apparently doesn't want to be a champ

According to the story he has narrowed his choices to the Faiders, Titans, or retirement. http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=1...2930&refid=4781
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake
              Big name recievers with big stats don't mean anything. Keyshawn is fine, but he is the last thing we need right now. Between Walker, Smith, and Marshall he wouid just be a possession reciever and that's why we got Stokely. I think sometimes people just want a team made up of star caliber players, but that doesn't always work because you have too many kings in the castle fighting for the crown. Just look at the last "Dream Team" for basketball in the olympics. All that talent and no one thought about passing the ball.
              That is a great point MasterShake. CPs when I recharge!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake
                That is a great point MasterShake. CPs when I recharge!
                Are you quoting yourself?
                Last edited by eaglebronco; 05-10-2007, 09:48 PM.
                The NFL being played overseas is a terrible idea.

Comment

Working...
                X