Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take a look at the original Darrent Williams Thread!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a look at the original Darrent Williams Thread!!!!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...9&page=1&pp=15

Very interesting to go back and read what everyone thought of his selection and then to think about how most everyone was completely wrong about him. To think this little corner at 5'8" could touch so many lives around Bronco Nation after everyone was so quick to write him off as the next Deltha or Middlebrooks.

Excellent post. Good find.

Comment

Wow people gave him a lot of crap.

Comment

MUG's and Cugel's posts were priceless. . . LOL.

Here's mine. . .

This kid is strong as an ox, he benches 350 pounds.

He runs a 4.27-4.33 40-YD Dash. He's just like Pac-Man Jones, only an inch or so smaller. His vertical is uncanny, around 40 inches. The more and more I think, I like this pick. He's a special teams ace too, I like it. Physical for a little guy and plays with a lot of heart, he was arrested for marijuana possesion though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream

Here's mine. . .
          Cugel just ripped D-Will to pieces. How stupid does he feal now?

Comment

Good idea. Thanks for the post. CP when I re-charge.
            J. Michael "J. Mike" Moore
            Editor, Broncos Publications
            [email protected]

Comment

I bet he feal's real bad........ haha
              Last edited by 24SuperChamp; 05-10-2007, 03:25 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

People gave him so much crap, calling him a bust and look. Maybe this should show some that our Front Office knows what it is doing. Anyone can be a bust, and all you can do is rate them based on their college performances. Sometimes you are going to come out on top, sometimes you aren't.
                Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Dream

Here's mine. . .

WABronco's was good too.
                  Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

WA was a beast. :thumb:

Comment

Its funny because i think we'll be going over this with Jarvis Moss, and Crowder and company..

Welcome Travis!

Bailey Baby!

Comment

After reading some of those posts, I just have to have to shake my head.

We go through this every year at draft time. Apparently there are some posters who know more about what is better for the team than Mike Shanahan. Yes, I know all about the 1st round busts like Nash and Middlebrooks. I also know about the most important thing in football-wins, and Shanny does that quite often. Sometimes with good drafts and sometimes with bad ones.

This year the beef was moving up to get Moss and Thomas. Maybe, just maybe, two to three years from now, someone will revive a thread on those guys, and we''ll all be saying "Wow, what a steal! I can't believe we only had to give up a 3rd and late round picks. We really fleeced the Jags and Vikings!"

"I've always thought that Raider fans in Oakland were not so much fans as they were 50,000 people out on a work-release program." - John Elway.

Comment

All yall doubters do yall feel stupid??

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
                            People gave him so much crap, calling him a bust and look. Maybe this should show some that our Front Office knows what it is doing. Anyone can be a bust, and all you can do is rate them based on their college performances. Sometimes you are going to come out on top, sometimes you aren't.
                            Have to say, for 2 years in a row we had pretty good drafts. Beats the previous years where we appeared to be stockpiling picks only to have one or two solid guys out of the bunch.

I can't believe so many guys harped on his slightly smaller size, especially when it was clear that his physical and playmaking ability could more than make up for it. The guy was a straight up baller, no two ways to look at it. All of the OSU fans knew it too. Height does not make you a good or bad player. And for a CB it is probably the one of the least important of physical attributes.
                            "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Nice find dude. CP

Look at this

I woulden't worry about it, the kid probably won't even make the team.. You never know though..
                              Last edited by BF_forever; 05-10-2007, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X