No announcement yet.

Broncos or Patriots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patriots gave up too much for Wes Welker (2nd and a 6th rounder I think), Donte Stallworth can't stay healthy, and Randy Moss doesn't consistently play hard. Adalius Thomas was by far their best pickup. Otherwise, not that impressive.

Broncos got Dre Bly, big-play corner who will benefit playing opposite the best one in the league, Travis Henry - a tough runner with a nasty stiff-arm who should excel in this scheme, Daniel Graham - like having an another OT but can still be a threat in the passing game, and Brandon Stokely - a proven quality slot receiver when healthy.

Edge: Broncos.
    Last edited by Navin Johnson_; 05-12-2007, 07:59 PM.

Comment

When teams are crappy for a number of years, they get higher draft picks that eventually payoff, if the team drafted wisely. Since the 49ers have been crappy for so long, it is about time that the high draft choices start to pay off for them.

Elementary, Watson.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gulbrand
        When teams are crappy for a number of years, they get higher draft picks that eventually payoff, if the team drafted wisely. Since the 49ers have been crappy for so long, it is about time that the high draft choices start to pay off for them.

Elementary, Watson.....

It can be argued that only 4 of their 1st round selections over the past 10 years have panned out.
        Moreover, only 2 out of 10 of those 1st rounders were serious contributors.
        So that is far from the case.
        sigpic

"Sauced."- Broshown Broenbro

Comment

It would seem to me that the Broncos made a better move in not taking Moss than
          did the Pats in taking him. I personally don't believe anybody came close to the
          Broncos this offseason. Now, whether that makes them a better team, that remains
          to be seen. San Diego, for instance, didn't do much of anything, except the draft, of
          course, because they are so good at nearly every position they didn't have to do
          anything. How that translates into the season, we'll find out soon, won't we?

-----

Comment

hate to say it but the pats did. there coaching staff has not changed. our coaching staff is having a major face lift. and we are ahving a new system on d which means all our defense will haveoto learn a new system and gel withthe new players we lost al wilson. same thing on offense new players that will have to have time to gel.. i hate the patriots but i think they should be favored right now .. but thankfull since denver owns them we can beat em lol
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

I hate to say it, but I think the Pats had the better offseason. It doesn't matter if they overpaid for Welker or if Stallworth has a hard time staying healthy. They make that offense better. Then you have Moss, who should put up good/great numbers in that 4 & 5 WR offense they run.

And you can't knock Thomas at all. Plus drafting Merriweather, who'll start once Harrison gets hurt.

The only place they really lost anything is TE, and really they didn't lose much.

Now if we hadn't lost Wilson I'd say our offseason was better improving at CB, RB, TE, & D-line. And I can't forget about adding the fan favorite Todd Sauerbrun.

Actually, I don't know. After typing all this out....I'm thinking ours was just as good if not better.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                It would seem to me that the Broncos made a better move in not taking Moss than
                did the Pats in taking him. I personally don't believe anybody came close to the
                Broncos this offseason. Now, whether that makes them a better team, that remains
                to be seen. San Diego, for instance, didn't do much of anything, except the draft, of
                course, because they are so good at nearly every position they didn't have to do
                anything. How that translates into the season, we'll find out soon, won't we?

-----
                Wasn't New England the only team Randy Moss was willing to restructure his contract with?

"Peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past..."
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-

Comment

Originally posted by bluestars87
                  Wasn't New England the only team Randy Moss was willing to restructure his contract with?
                  The statement was that he would be willing to restructure his contract to a team that could get him to the superbowl. Talk about hitching a ride.

Comment

Now I know that Thomas is a great pick-up for the Pats but he's puching 30, was rendured ineffective in the game against us but goes to a team with a beast of a D-line...

Moss, can he be explosive and actually try to help his team win a game...

Stallworth, one season in which he started to shine, anyone remember the days in N.O. Not too much there and can he stay healthy...

Welker, IMO a great pick-up, he will bring something tough to this team.

Washington, saw him preform well in Cincy but will he be able to do anything in a WR depth chart thats like 8 deep...

Meriweather, I like the kid but I can't seem to slip the memory of when Kay-Jay Harris, RB/West Viginia hit him, knocked him flat on his back and then hopped over him. Can he hold his own...

Henry, basically the MVP of the Ten Titans last year.

Graham a solid every down TE who can add so much to our teams offensive production.

Bates, He's not Coyer and actually adjusts to others teams play calling.

Bly, a pro bowl caliber player who will need to step up, can he be the pro bowl Bly...

Moss, a guy who looks to help our terrible pass rush, can he...

more questions marks with the Patriots off-season, I think ours wins.

Comment

Originally posted by bluestars87
                      Considering Randy Moss has burned his bridges with just about every other team,
                      it looks to me as if he had no choice . . .

-----

Comment

Originally posted by TU_HurricaneDB
                        Now I know that Thomas is a great pick-up for the Pats but he's puching 30, was rendured ineffective in the game against us but goes to a team with a beast of a D-line...

Moss, can he be explosive and actually try to help his team win a game...

Stallworth, one season in which he started to shine, anyone remember the days in N.O. Not too much there and can he stay healthy...

Welker, IMO a great pick-up, he will bring something tough to this team.

Washington, saw him preform well in Cincy but will he be able to do anything in a WR depth chart thats like 8 deep...

Meriweather, I like the kid but I can't seem to slip the memory of when Kay-Jay Harris, RB/West Viginia hit him, knocked him flat on his back and then hopped over him. Can he hold his own...

Henry, basically the MVP of the Ten Titans last year.

Graham a solid every down TE who can add so much to our teams offensive production.

Bates, He's not Coyer and actually adjusts to others teams play calling.

Bly, a pro bowl caliber player who will need to step up, can he be the pro bowl Bly...

Moss, a guy who looks to help our terrible pass rush, can he...

more questions marks with the Patriots off-season, I think ours wins.
                        Pretty good comparison, but once again Marcus Thomas was overlooked. By even
                        Jarvis Moss's own implied admission, Thomas may have been our best draft choice.
                        Yes, he may be a "risk" because he took a toke at a couple parties, but at least
                        he didn't go outside and try to run over a meter maid . . . if you know what I mean.

Add Marcus Thomas to the picture (oh, and we all forgot Montrae Holland), and I
                        believe we have a clear winner.

-----
                        Last edited by topscribe; 05-13-2007, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                          Pretty good comparison, but once again Marcus Thomas was overlooked. By even
                          Jarvis Moss's own implied admission, Thomas may have been our best draft choice.
                          Yes, he may be a "risk" because he took a toke at a couple parties, but at least
                          he didn't go outside and try to run over a meter maid . . . if you know what I mean.

Add Marcus Thomas to the picture (oh, and we all forgot Montrae Holland), and I
                          believe we have a clear winner.

-----

I was just comparing 1st round selections because they are looked at to play sometime immediately. I have no doubt in my mind that Thomas won't be a starter by week one or two and have some major impacts, I mean a 315lbs DT with quickness and speed is a definate keeper.

Now we have two DT's who are over 310lbs; Warren (hope a fire can be lit under his butt) and Thomas who is young and eager to prove he's worthy of a chance in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by In-com-plete
                            I hate to say it, but I think the Pats had the better offseason. It doesn't matter if Stallworth has a hard time staying healthy.
                            Can't make plays if you're not on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by In-com-plete
                              I hate to say it, but I think the Pats had the better offseason. It doesn't matter if they overpaid for Welker or if Stallworth has a hard time staying healthy. They make that offense better. Then you have Moss, who should put up good/great numbers in that 4 & 5 WR offense they run.

And you can't knock Thomas at all. Plus drafting Merriweather, who'll start once Harrison gets hurt.

The only place they really lost anything is TE, and really they didn't lose much.

Now if we hadn't lost Wilson I'd say our offseason was better improving at CB, RB, TE, & D-line. And I can't forget about adding the fan favorite Todd Sauerbrun.

Actually, I don't know. After typing all this out....I'm thinking ours was just as good if not better.
                              Hey In-com good to see you back on the board.

Back to your post. Just a couple of things, first I really can't see how a guy can help you if he's not on the field.

Second, Merriweather might be good but he does bring sizable amount baggage with him. Adulis Thomas was a great pick up but the Patriots trading for Moss wasn't a wise move. Maybe one could even say it smells of desperation.
                              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
                                hate to say it but the pats did. there coaching staff has not changed. our coaching staff is having a major face lift. and we are ahving a new system on d which means all our defense will haveoto learn a new system and gel withthe new players we lost al wilson.

I must disagree. The addition of Bates, O'Brian and their schemes on Defense and Special Teams can only improve those units from last year (I can't get the passive prevent defense on 3rd and long out of my head). The veterens in the secondary will not take long to adjust. And not to mention the abysmal special teams (coverage and returns) from last year.

In other words the defense and special teams can't go anywhere but up.

same thing on offense new players that will have to have time to gel.. i hate the patriots but i think they should be favored right now .. but thankfull since denver owns them we can beat em lol

As far as the new Broncos (offense) will have to gel; I think the same goes for the Patriots' Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Washington, etc.
                                Last edited by atl-bronco; 05-13-2007, 07:54 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X