This makes me smile =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cutler2007
    If our picks and signings work out this year, I think we may have a shot at no FA signings next year. Sunquist said that the 2nd day picks didn't look like they would make the roster this year, so that tells you not too many spots will be open next year. If one of the LBs step up and play well at SAM, I do not see any true need except S and maybe another WR.

Here is to hoping
    yeah when you're drafting strictly for depth it's a good feeling.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey

malcolm floyd put on 15 pounds in the off season, and he's a guy i'm expecting to keep craig davis benched or only working on punt returns, and as for weddle, maybe eric will see the field in rotation but clinton hart gained 10 pounds to play strong safety better, and that guy really has some ball hawking talent.
      Floyd or Davis does not really matter much. SD has followed a bit in the footsteps of KC. LT and Gates (like Holmes and Gonzo) put so much pressure on the LBs and Safties, that the WRs pretty much get single coverage. They do not have to be good to be effective.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

I call Baloney.

You honestly expect people to believe that the Chargers front office said: "You know what? Our team is perfect. Out of the hundreds of free agents, not one of them is worth pursuing. We'll stand pat and be fine."

The FAAAAAAR more likely scenario was that the free agents they targeted did not want to go to a team in turmoil, which is where the Chargers were after suddenly losing most of their coaching staff.

You can try and sweeten it up any way you want - it doesn't change the fact that the Chargers have not made any steps forward. Teams that do that usually do not stay ahead, as the rest of the league catches up on them.

Let's look back to the (2003?) Kansas City Chiefs. They were much like the Chargers. Home field advantage throughout the playoffs, but suffered a dissapointing loss in the divisional round to a team that didn't even go to the Super Bowl.

What did those Chiefs do in the offseason? They returned 21 of 22 starters. Coach **** Vermeil was happy with his team. All they did was replace their defensive coordinator, because they felt their current team was good enough to get them to the Super Bowl.

The result? The Chiefs started the season with a flurry of losses and were never a playoff threat in 2004.

So yes, long live these Chargers! Without Marty, nothing can stop Marty's team!!!

...riiiiiiiiiiiight....
        Last edited by PatrickdaDookie; 05-13-2007, 05:43 PM.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
          I call Baloney.

You honestly expect people to believe that the Chargers front office said: "You know what? Our team is perfect. Out of the hundreds of free agents, not one of them is worth pursuing. We'll stand pat and be fine."

The FAAAAAAR more likely scenario was that the free agents they targeted did not want to go to a team in turmoil, which is where the Chargers were after suddenly losing most of their coaching staff.

You can try and sweeten it up any way you want - it doesn't change the fact that the Chargers have not made any steps forward. Teams that do that usually do not stay ahead, as the rest of the league catches up on them.

Let's look back to the (2003?) Kansas City Chiefs. They were much like the Chargers. Home field advantage throughout the playoffs, but suffered a dissapointing loss in the divisional round to a team that didn't even go to the Super Bowl.

What did those Chiefs do in the offseason? They returned 21 of 22 starters. Coach **** Vermeil was happy with his team. All they did was replace their defensive coordinator, because they felt their current team was good enough to get them to the Super Bowl.

The result? The Chiefs started the season with a flurry of losses and were never a playoff threat in 2004.

So yes, long live these Chargers! Without Marty, nothing can stop Marty's team!!!

...riiiiiiiiiiiight....
          Is this the stuff you tell yourself so you wont be scared of san diego this year.

So nobody wanted to go to sunny san diego to play with LT, Rivers and Gates.

Nobody wanted to go to san diego to play with Jamal Williams, Shaun Phillips and Merriman......

Right.....

Eric Stienbach signed with Cleveland because they are such a sold club....

Nate Clements went to San Fran because they are just great.....

Leonard Davis went to Dallas because they have the same coachs as last year.....

Derrick Dockery went to Buffalo because they are on the verge of a SB......

Last time I checked I have not heard any players lately say they turned down money to be with a team.....oh wait .... Kris Dielman did that with the Chargers this year.

Daniel Graham signed with Denver because they out bid Seattle.

Dre Bly says he wants to be traded to the Redskins ....... then the next week turns around and says Denver is where he wants to stay.....I wonder if that had anything to do with that huge contract extension.

Travis Henery gets paid a butt load as well....

It comes down to money......plain and simple......

There was not on free agent out there this year that san diego wanted to over pay for.....we take care of their own.

Comment

Originally posted by naf_tlob
            Is this the stuff you tell yourself so you wont be scared of san diego this year.

So nobody wanted to go to sunny san diego to play with LT, Rivers and Gates.

Nobody wanted to go to san diego to play with Jamal Williams, Shaun Phillips and Merriman......

Right.....

Eric Stienbach signed with Cleveland because they are such a sold club....

Nate Clements went to San Fran because they are just great.....

Leonard Davis went to Dallas because they have the same coachs as last year.....

Derrick Dockery went to Buffalo because they are on the verge of a SB......

Last time I checked I have not heard any players lately say they turned down money to be with a team.....oh wait .... Kris Dielman did that with the Chargers this year.

Daniel Graham signed with Denver because they out bid Seattle.

Dre Bly says he wants to be traded to the Redskins ....... then the next week turns around and says Denver is where he wants to stay.....I wonder if that had anything to do with that huge contract extension.

Travis Henery gets paid a butt load as well....

It comes down to money......plain and simple......

There was not on free agent out there this year that san diego wanted to over pay for.....we take care of their own.
            Ahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Now that was priceless. I can't believe you really believe that.

I'll be sure to bump this post when the Chargers once again fail to win it all.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Working...
            X