Cutler primed to fill hero shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arapaho
    and this shows excactly what i was reffering too ....to make it legitametly he would have to be 1,2,3...yet when jake made it at five because all the real probowlers bailed out,,,,he was still a probolwer in his eyes...now jay wouldnt be?

so no touche
    NO TOUCHE?

Dangit!

(not sure how I'll break this to my wife, though...... )
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

The Pro Bowl, like any all-star game, is about reputation and fan popularity first and foremost. If the Broncos do well this year, by which I mean win the AFC West and make it deep in the playoffs, and they do it with Cutler having a big year, then he could possibly become a Pro Bowler, though it would probably be more likely that he would make it in the next season. Cutler all ready has some name recognition by virtue of him being inserted last season in the middle of a playoff race and with the Broncos being on national TV.

At any rate, I would be completely satisfied with Cutler playing well and getting overlooked on the Hawaii popularity contest.

Comment

its great that everyone is jumping on the " Cutler " ride.

But... Yes I have to say it... The " D " and the new staff are not going to mesh before the season starts. Alot has to happen for Denver to control the AFC and we are not the only team that went out and got improvments. The AFC is going to be tough and Denver is going to have a hellofa time staying on top. Our D will get better as the season goes on but its the start that is giong to be rough. Be patient Denver fans because it may not happen this year, but it will happen! SB
        If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. --General George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
          NO TOUCHE?

Dangit!

LOL, you're hillarious man.

Comment

NO TOUCHE?

Dangit!

being married to you im sure she's gotten used to alot of disapointments
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho
              being married to you im sure she's gotten used to alot of disapointments
              I've disappointed my wife many times over our lives. So have you. It comes with the
              territory . . . being a human, being a man.

Therefore, I'm sure you were just teasing with that post.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                Might that depend on what happens to the respective QBs? I mean, if he quarterbacks
                the Broncos deep into the playoffs and one of the others doesn't, that might do it.
                Especially if the Broncos manage to beat their teams on the way?

-----
                the pro bowl is decided well before the playoffs so his playoff performance won't be a factor in whether he gets a pro bowl spot. i think unless he has a really great start, he won't get selected because it takes a while before everyone notices the new players. that being said. there's no way rivers is making the pro bowl. he is average at best and the chargers homer here needs to stop listing him among the pro bowl candidates

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda
                  the pro bowl is decided well before the playoffs so his playoff performance won't be a factor in whether he gets a pro bowl spot. i think unless he has a really great start, he won't get selected because it takes a while before everyone notices the new players. that being said. there's no way rivers is making the pro bowl. he is average at best and the chargers homer here needs to stop listing him among the pro bowl candidates

Not to jump conferences but Tony Romo rings a bell....

----
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atl-bronco
                    Not to jump conferences but Tony Romo rings a bell....

----
                    Romo got selected because he's the new "stud" QB for Americas team

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                      I've disappointed my wife many times over our lives. So have you. It comes with the
                      territory . . . being a human, being a man.

Therefore, I'm sure you were just teasing with that post.

-----
                      i am a joker i am
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Thanks, top.

I'm not trying to start another Jake v Jay debacle....

...only trying to remind certain people on their double standards.

What's fair for the goose.....
                        Huuum sounds like a debacle to me

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                          I guess I did not make myself clear in order to make the Pro Bowl legitametly He'd have to be one of the top Three QB's With Manning, Brady, Palmer as perennial Pro bowler not much chance of that happening. With Rivers and Young being recent one and playing on a higher profile team than cutler does the odds diminish even more. Then we have the other three east coast teams in NYJ, BUF and last but not least PIT getting all the press and therefore the votes.

While cutler just might be the better QB his chances are that of a snowball in hell.
                          Which hell are you referring to? Because uh, if it's Hell, Michigan, I like those chances.
                          But why must people knock Jay. He's here, he's the quarterback and the stinkin' ProBowl is like 9 months away or something. Let him play the season first.

Comment

Working...
                          X