Broncos voted the 7th best NFL franchise ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos voted the 7th best NFL franchise ever

The Broncos currently hold a somewhat disappointing 7th place in the ranking Best NFL franchise ever on rankopedia. The leaders are the usual suspects: the 49ers, the Packers and the Cowboys. Can't we do better than that???

Originally posted by wallerstein
    The Broncos currently hold a somewhat disappointing 7th place in the ranking Best NFL franchise ever on rankopedia. The leaders are the usual suspects: the 49ers, the Packers and the Cowboys. Can't we do better than that???
    I think if we had more Super Bowl rings then just appearances, we'd be ranked higher. Hard to argue with the top 3 who all pretty much had dynasties. I think we should at least be 4 or 5, but I'm a little biased.

Comment

7 out of 32?

That's not bad at all.

That's the top 20%.

Some people are never satisfied.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

If they went by sellouts, Denver would be #2 behind the Deadskins.

EDIT: Welcome to the board wallerstein.
        Originally posted by Soldier96B
        i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
          If they went by sellouts, Denver would be #2 behind the Deadskins.

EDIT: Welcome to the board wallerstein.
          Oh, 1 post! Didn't even notice that. Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
            7 out of 32?

That's not bad at all.

That's the top 20%.

That was my reaction. It seems the makers of that list have a high regard for the
            Denver franchise. I don't have a problem with any in the top seven, except Miami.
            I personally don't believe they belong in the top seven.

But it's all subjective, anyway, isn't it?

P.S. Welcome to the board, Wallerstein.

-----
            Last edited by topscribe; 05-16-2007, 07:20 AM.

Comment

I'm just impressed that there's a "Rankopedia." Is there anything you can't find on the Internet? As for the rankings, it is very subjective. The only one that is a slight surprise to me is Miami. They should definitely be in the top 10, but I think that undefeated season still carries a lot of weight.
              J. Michael "J. Mike" Moore
              Editor, Broncos Publications
              [email protected]

Comment

I certainly cannot argue with the first three but Miami and Chicago ahead of Denver? Id argue Denver has had more sustained success than either Miami or Chicago. I'm thinking Miami makes it because of their undefeated season and Chicago is still living off of the 85 season. Anyways Denver is a great franchise. We should be proud that the owner values success.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                  7 out of 32?

That's not bad at all.

That's the top 20%.

Yea ranked 7th is not bad.

Would be cool to be numero uno though!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRy
                    I certainly cannot argue with the first three but Miami and Chicago ahead of Denver? Id argue Denver has had more sustained success than either Miami or Chicago. I'm thinking Miami makes it because of their undefeated season and Chicago is still living off of the 85 season. Anyways Denver is a great franchise. We should be proud that the owner values success.
                    Laces out DAN!!
                    Originally posted by Soldier96B
                    i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Denver should be ranked No1. No other team has the overall winning record that we do. We have the winningest record, have been to 5 Superbowls (tied for most, I think), and have only missed the playoffs 11 times in the last 30 years.

www.FootballTimes.org

Join our growing football community!

We buy football articles!
                      Free football playbooks, football plays, flag football strategies and plays, backyard football, fantasy football, reviews, articles, coaching, and a discussion forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncos
                        Denver should be ranked No1. No other team has the overall winning record that we do. We have the winningest record, have been to 5 Superbowls (tied for most, I think), and have only missed the playoffs 11 times in the last 30 years.

Weve been to 6 (2-4). Dallas has been to 8 (5-3). Pitt has been to 6 (5-1).

Comment

It looks like a pretty good assesment but I would switch the Redskins and Miami.

Comment

i think the ranking is just..maybe we could be ahead of miami, but they are the only team to be perfect, so that prly gives them a little leeway. anyways, does it really matter? thats just one opinion, and besides its all ancient history. im more concerned about winning the superbowl this year.

Comment

I do not think Chicago should be ahead of Denver. Only the Steelers and Cowboys have been to as many or more Super Bowls as the Broncos. We have only one two, but we are a perrenial playoff team. The Bears are not a perranial playoff team and have only won one super bowl and not nearly as many appearances as we have.

I would also argue that we are a better franchise than Miami, but that undefeated season does warrant consideration

Comment

Working...
                              X