Denver's Overall Defensive Rank in 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver's Overall Defensive Rank in 2008

Where does everyone think our defense will be ranked overall next year? I think we'll be in the top ten at least or even top five with our new coordinator and new scheme. Plus with DJ moving to the middle, that's another improvement as IMO he is more athletic than Wilson was. I just hope Bates can return Denver to it's former glory, the likes of the legendary Orange Crush defense of old.
    Last edited by SS #38; 05-16-2007, 07:13 PM.
    Rest in peace Darrent Williams and Damien Nash. I will never let your memories die. You will never be forgotten.

John Lynch is one of the best safeties in the NFL so don't even say he needs to be replaced. He hasn't been to eight Pro Bowls cause he isn't very good. So for those of you who doubt him, stay out of CO...

SUPPORT THE TROOPS. They are risking their lives to protect our way of life and the freedoms we take for granted.

I see us at around number 8 or 7. I feel we are a lock for a top ten offense.

Comment

I'm gonna say a solid 8. Teams will have to gameplan heavy for us and pick their poison early on (champ/bly or revamped pass rush), but I think the last half of the season they will adjust to us and we will just be solid. No meltdown like last year! I hope....

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake
        I'm gonna say a solid 8. Teams will have to gameplan heavy for us and pick their poison early on (champ/bly or revamped pass rush), but I think the last half of the season they will adjust to us and we will just be solid. No meltdown like last year! I hope....
        Yeah... meltdowns have generally been the season killers for us

Comment

I'll play devil's advocate and say 14. New coordinator, new leader at MLB, and rookie DL having a slow start.

Of course, I hope I am wrong.

Comment

Jim Bates has never had a defense that wasn't at least in the top ten. Ever. He took Green Bay from the low twenties to ninth. We weren't that bad last year. We'll be in the top ten - this year.
            KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

I think if our changes on the D line work out, whatever they end up being, we have the possibilty of having the number 2 D in the NFL.
              Josh McD support since 2009
              Broncos fan since 1979

Comment

welldo real well like to 5 if are dlineturns out good. without will still be a top 10 d team

made by showoff

Comment

if we can get pressure on the qb from somebody we will have a highly ranked defense again. dre + champ will hopefully give the D Line more time to get to the qb and cause some big plays
                  sigpic

Comment

It's to many IF's for me to predict. If DJ, If the rookie DL, If Holdman, If the safeties, etc. I do believe we will be better than we've been under Coyer and Ray Rhodes. Not that they were the only problem.

Comment

Originally posted by SS #38
                      Where does everyone think our defense will be ranked overall next year? I think we'll be in the top ten at least or even top five with our new coordinator and new scheme. Plus with DJ moving to the middle, that's another improvement as IMO he is more athletic than Wilson was. I just hope Bates can return Denver to it's former glory, the likes of the legendary Orange Crush defense of old.
                      Based on what???

I don't want to hijack the thread but how can you turn on Wilson that fast? I would want him back as our MLB in a heartbeat if that was possible. I don't think that DJ is more athletic than Al.

In response to the thread I hope for a top 10 defense. However, considering the personell changes and the new coaching staff a top 15 finish would make me happy too. Hopefully our defense takes a different approach and finishes the season on a high note.

Comment

O= #1
                        D= #1
                        S= #1

guffaw for biasing.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HidEmu
                          if we can get pressure on the qb from somebody we will have a highly ranked defense again. dre + champ will hopefully give the D Line more time to get to the qb and cause some big plays
                          I am hoping for the opposite - let the D-line give Dre and Champ time to take advantage of a hurried or nearly sacked QB. Plus, sacks will be good too...
                          Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

We will be in the upper tier, top 10, maybe even 5, if we can get something that resembles a pass rush.

Cant wait for all the Charger and Chief fans to come on here and start calling us homers

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

I agree, the more pressure you put on a quarterback, the more mistakes the quarterback will make.
                              Josh McD support since 2009
                              Broncos fan since 1979

Comment

Working...
                              X