Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antiwup
    replied
    ill put denver 12th against the run and 6th against the pass! overall denver will be around 7th in the league to me of course and should get better as the season progresses!

Leave a comment:

• TheFuture6
    replied
    Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
    I have yet to see this happen.
    Really?!? Where have you been the past few years? See the above post's statistics to see just how lockdown he has been. Definitely a HUGE part of the team's sucess against our AFC WEst foes

Leave a comment:

• jaggernaut
    replied
    Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster

Tony Gonzalez's numbers against Brandon

@Denver
    5 catches 29 yards 0 tds
    Actually that was the Monday night game that Shanny had champ covering Gonzo in Man to Man coverage the entire game. It was also the night Jake Plummer threw the left handed interception

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster
    Antonio Gate's numbers against Sam Brandon
    @ Denver
    0 catches 0 yards 0 tds

@Denver
    4 catches 30 yards 0 tds
    Denver
    3 catches 31 yards 0 tds

@ Denver
    6 catches 80 yards 0 tds
    Denver
    3 catches 23 yards 0 tds

Denver
    5 catches 58 yards 0 tds
    @Denver
    4 catches 58 yards 0 tds

Denver
    3 catches 47 yards 1 td
    @Denver
    6 catches 73 yards 0 tds

@Denver
    2 catches 17 yards 0 tds
    Denver
    3 catches 44 yards 0 tds

@Denver
    5 catches 29 yards 0 tds
    Denver
    1 catch 25 yards 1 td

Sam Brandon does a nice job containing the league's best tight ends, regardless of whether or not you have seen him do it.
    Damn! I had no idea he was that good. Tony G got the best of him a few times, but he did an amazing job shutting down Gates!

Leave a comment:

• Br0nc0Buster
    replied
    Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
    Antonio Gate's numbers against Sam Brandon
    @ Denver
    0 catches 0 yards 0 tds

@Denver
    4 catches 30 yards 0 tds
    Denver
    3 catches 31 yards 0 tds

@ Denver
    6 catches 80 yards 0 tds
    Denver
    3 catches 23 yards 0 tds

Denver
    5 catches 58 yards 0 tds
    @Denver
    4 catches 58 yards 0 tds

Denver
    3 catches 47 yards 1 td
    @Denver
    6 catches 73 yards 0 tds

@Denver
    2 catches 17 yards 0 tds
    Denver
    3 catches 44 yards 0 tds

@Denver
    5 catches 29 yards 0 tds
    Denver
    1 catch 25 yards 1 td

Sam Brandon does a nice job containing the league's best tight ends, regardless of whether or not you have seen him do it.

Leave a comment:

• Navin Johnson_
    replied
    Originally posted by socalorado1
    However, Sam Brandon is absolutely fantastic at shutting down the best TEs in the NFL!!!

Leave a comment:

• SS #38
    replied
    Originally posted by kmartin575
    I won't call you guys homers.

But I will offer my opinion on the subject.

I still claim the safety position will be a weakness for Denver.

Champ and Bly might have success against a teams receivers but unless the Broncos can get a consistent pass rush I feel tight ends and runningbacks are going to burn the secondary in the middle of the field all day long.
    John Lynch and Nick Ferguson are not a weakness watsoever. I wanted to pick up a safety in the draft for some new blood since John and Nick r getting up there. I think if we switched the 2 around around though so John is SS and Nick is FS that could help with some coverage issues. Other than that those two are solid, especially Lynch. So I don't know what some of you are talking about him getting beat over the middle. The only place he gets beat is deep and believe me he is alot faster than u give him credit for and he can keep up with the best TE's. Fast recievers going deep are his only defect in coverage cause he can't keep up with them, bgut as I said he is still faster than u think. He didn't make the Pro Bowl cause he is considered a weakness u know.
    Last edited by SS #38; 05-17-2007, 03:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    we will hae the number 2 defense next year. as someone stated above our offense will be on the field so much (from champ and bly int's) and so long (from cutler,henry making the 3rd n shorts,and everyone else) that teams will have very few chances to actually score and get yards against us.

but in terms of defenses without offensive help, i say we are 4, ravens1 bears2 steelers3.

superbowl bound baby

Leave a comment:

• socalorado1
    replied
    Originally posted by kmartin575

Champ and Bly might have success against a teams receivers but unless the Broncos can get a consistent pass rush I feel tight ends and runningbacks are going to burn the secondary in the middle of the field all day long.
    K-MART is correct in 1 aspect that i agree with. Our safety position will be looked at as a possible place for opposing teams to take advantage of.
    However, Sam Brandon is absolutely fantastic at shutting down the best TEs in the NFL!!! So, K-Mart is WRONG to assume that the Broncos will get burned at that specific spot, but K-Mart is right in that Lynch will be a liability in coverage, and if there is no pass rush, teams will look for the deep over the middle routes for the big completeions to get them back into a game.

BTW DJ Williams IS way more athletic than Al Wilson. Wilson is/was on the downhill of his career and lost much of his power and strength last year.
    Sorry, i like Al as much as the next guy, but DJ is just flat-out a athletic beast who was stuck in "no mans land" too long!

Leave a comment:

• JOBRONCOS
    replied
    our defense will be awesome because of the new additions, but mostly because our offense will be the best. with our offense having long drives and less three and outs this year, our defense will be on the field less. this means that there's less opportunities for the other team to get yards, and the defense stays rested.

the defense did way too much last year, but this year i believe top ten is reachable.

also, in response to the safety position, the broncos are fine at safety with nick ferguson and sam brandon coming back. i don't know about the jim bates system, but with coyer only sam brandon would play man-on-man. john lynch and nick ferguson were always in zones (because we never blitzed) which helped mask their deficiences at coverage.

Leave a comment:

• TheWookieeBronco
    replied
    IF our rookie D-Lineman do well.

Then I can see us in the top 10. We were good last year but we are upgraded this year.

Leave a comment:

• kmartin575
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFuture6
    We will be in the upper tier, top 10, maybe even 5, if we can get something that resembles a pass rush.

Cant wait for all the Charger and Chief fans to come on here and start calling us homers

Leave a comment:

• jaggernaut
    replied
    I agree, the more pressure you put on a quarterback, the more mistakes the quarterback will make.

Leave a comment:

• TheFuture6
    replied
    We will be in the upper tier, top 10, maybe even 5, if we can get something that resembles a pass rush.

Cant wait for all the Charger and Chief fans to come on here and start calling us homers

Leave a comment:

• Chicago-Broncofreak
    replied
    Originally posted by HidEmu
    if we can get pressure on the qb from somebody we will have a highly ranked defense again. dre + champ will hopefully give the D Line more time to get to the qb and cause some big plays
    I am hoping for the opposite - let the D-line give Dre and Champ time to take advantage of a hurried or nearly sacked QB. Plus, sacks will be good too...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X