Broncos ranked 7th in preseason rankings by ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos ranked 7th in preseason rankings by ESPN

Can't say I'm upset with these Power Rankings....of course Pats will be number one based on offseason pick-ups and ESPN bias...but I think we should have been ranked higher than the Saints, IMO.

Power Rankings
    Yeah, that's a WMU Bronco. All-around Bronco fan. Even from K-zoo.

Once a bronco, always a bronco.

Originally posted by portis_in_2003
    Can't say I'm upset with these Power Rankings....of course Pats will be number one based on offseason pick-ups and ESPN bias...but I think we should have been ranked higher than the Saints, IMO.

Power Rankings
    NFL.com had us ranked number 4 I believe. I don't really care where we are on these lists, but it's still cool to see us in the top 10 or top 5.

Comment

"Lance Briggs is unhappy. Cedric Benson is unproven. And Rex Grossman is still Rex Grossman. The good news is the Bears are still in the NFC North."

I thought that was the stupidest reason ever to put somebody at the 5th spot. Basically he's saying they have a lot of problems, but they play in a crap division so they're okay. Playing in a crap division doesn't mean that they're a good team, they can just beat up on the lesser ones.

Comment

PAtriots being the most dominant NFL team since 2000 makes them a no brainer for opening the season at #1, especially considering all the acquisitions they made over the offseason.

The Chargers haven't had back to back 10+ win seasons since 1981. They are bound to come back down to earth again.

I do think Denver is a little high and should be around 10.

I think Dallas is really going to struggle this year, and they are going to realize the starters they have outside a handful of players just aren't very good.

I think Tampa Bay will be a lot better then almost everyone thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
          PAtriots being the most dominant NFL team since 2000 makes them a no brainer for opening the season at #1, especially considering all the acquisitions they made over the offseason.

The Chargers haven't had back to back 10+ win seasons since 1981. They are bound to come back down to earth again.

I do think Denver is a little high and should be around 10.

I think Dallas is really going to struggle this year, and they are going to realize the starters they have outside a handful of players just aren't very good.

I think Tampa Bay will be a lot better then almost everyone thinks.
          I think Manning and the Colts deserve to be #1. They proved to be a much better team than the Patriots last season, and are the reigning champions.

As far as our ranking goes... I think its pretty high considering. I hope we match up to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
            I think Manning and the Colts deserve to be #1. They proved to be a much better team than the Patriots last season, and are the reigning champions.

As far as our ranking goes... I think its pretty high considering. I hope we match up to this.
            True.
            With a 'rookie' QB running the show, it's going to be VERY important that the Defense is at it's peak when the season starts *unlike last year's paper tiger* and the Oline/running game is also playing at a high level.
            I certainly hope Shanny has Cutler playing in all of the preseason games, for the most part. Sure, backup is also important, but I'd say getting reps for the starter is the most important.
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
              True.
              With a 'rookie' QB running the show, it's going to be VERY important that the Defense is at it's peak when the season starts *unlike last year's paper tiger* and the Oline/running game is also playing at a high level.
              I certainly hope Shanny has Cutler playing in all of the preseason games, for the most part. Sure, backup is also important, but I'd say getting reps for the starter is the most important.
              He won't start Cutler in the pre-season any more than most Teams start their starters. The reps in pre-season just really aren't that important compared to the chance of injury. THe preseason is more for the fans than for the team anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!

Normally I would agree, but considering how that game went, at Indianapolis, and the fact that the Patriots did a lot of things to better their team, while the Colts did nothing to better their team, would make me rethink with New England.

IMHO, at this point New England is the best team, but the Colts are the defending champs, and I don't think you could go wrong with either one of those two teams.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                  Normally I would agree, but considering how that game went, at Indianapolis, and the fact that the Patriots did a lot of things to better their team, while the Colts did nothing to better their team, would make me rethink with New England.

IMHO, at this point New England is the best team, but the Colts are the defending champs, and I don't think you could go wrong with either one of those two teams.
                  I can go with this.. makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117
                    "Lance Briggs is unhappy. Cedric Benson is unproven. And Rex Grossman is still Rex Grossman. The good news is the Bears are still in the NFC North."

I thought that was the stupidest reason ever to put somebody at the 5th spot. Basically he's saying they have a lot of problems, but they play in a crap division so they're okay. Playing in a crap division doesn't mean that they're a good team, they can just beat up on the lesser ones.
                    Probably not the only reason - they did make the super bowl.
                    Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Really hard to see beyond NE / Indy / SD in light of their years last year. Fortunately for us, Norv Turner is at the helm and I've never thought much of him period - the talent has not turned over but we're have a crack in the door through which we can run through. We are the 4th best team in the AFC now (IMO) and therefore, 4th or 5th overall.
                      Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

I prefer Football Times NFL Power Rank: http://www.footballtimes.org/nflpowerrank.asp

Broncos are Number 1

www.FootballTimes.org

Join our growing football community!

We buy football articles!
                        Free football playbooks, football plays, flag football strategies and plays, backyard football, fantasy football, reviews, articles, coaching, and a discussion forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncos
                          I prefer Football Times NFL Power Rank: http://www.footballtimes.org/nflpowerrank.asp

Broncos are Number 1
                          Obviously this writer knows his stuff

I do disagree that Detroit is worse than the Raiders, besides that it looks pretty accurate.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                          J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                          R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by portis_in_2003

Power Rankings
                            agree, the nfc is a joke
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                              True.
                              I think your correct in all your thoughts Yet I suspect the D will not begin to jell till later in the year after the 4-6th game.

Comment

Working...
                              X