Broncos Magazine Wants to Hear from You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TWIST3D
    Well I have to say I think my best friends n I are the only Bronco fans here in LA & we love it!!
    I think myself, Caligirl, Horsesense, SS Broncs, Mile High Stud, Deuce, and a ton of others on here might disagree that there are only two Bronco fans in the L.A. area (although I will admit it does seem that way sometimes amid all the Silver and Black wannabees)
    Last edited by Calif. Bronco; 06-19-2007, 10:18 PM.

Comment

I have been a Bronco fan since 1988 and can't imagine rooting for any other NFL team. I am fortunate that living in San Diego, I get to see them every year, yet I have always wanted to go to a Denver home game. Last year I finally went to one and while I was upset they lost, I had a blast. The people around me were totally cool, the atmosphere at Invesco is quite amazing, and I can't wait to go again. Everything about being inside the stadium made me realize even more that I am proud to be a Bronco fan for life.

Scott
      San Diego, CA
      R.I.P
      #27 Darrent Williams
      #29 Damian Nash

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

Comment

who's the biggest threat on denver's offense this season

Comment

Originally posted by JMike811
          By now you all have realized my place with the Broncos' organization and team publications. I enjoy hanging out on the boards and reading your comments. If you ever want to share your thoughts in a "Letter to the Editor" format, I'll be unveiling such a forum in the next Broncos Magazine. It's called "Audibles" and I'll be selecting comments from right here on the message boards.

If you want to drop me a letter or a comment, feel free to do it on this thread or through my email. It can be about anything as long as it's Broncos -- the team, opinions on the magazine or just why you're a Broncos fan (just be sure to keep it short and sweet, I want to include a bunch each issue).

I look forward to reading your "Audibles."

As long as these 'audibles' can be honest and not just a bunch of rah, rah comments, and can include criticism when warranted, then it will be legit...if not, it will just look like a bunch of Pro-Bronco fanzine rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
            Being a Bronco fan is not a right, but it is a privilege and way of life for many of us.
            Unlike many, I wasn't born a Denver Bronco fan. I chose the Denver Broncos as my team in 1975 living in TN.

That was my beginning of learning anything about football. Steve Ramsey was the first Bronco QB I rooted for. Later it was #7 Craig Morton. I recall rooting for Rick Upchurch, Riley Odoms, Louis Wright, Steve Foley, Billey Thompson, Tom Jackson, Jim Turner, Randy Gradisher, and a few other notable names during that time.

I've been a Bronco ever since. Through terrible record years, through good years, and Super Bow wins. The Orange and Blue is a way of life for me.

--Emancipator
            Broncoville, TN
            What?! A PRIVELEDGE?? Please...

The Broncos and the NFL are a product that are for sale. The reality is, you have to pay to be a fan....pay for tickets, pay for gear, pay for NFL Sunday ticket, etc, etc, etc....as a fan, you simply have to be willing topay the price to follow a team. It is as simple as that...there is no mysterious, higher calling that leads you to a team, and a fan from 25 or 50 years ago is no more valid than one that decided he liked the Broncos yesterday.

The $$$ all spends the same.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
              As long as these 'audibles' can be honest and not just a bunch of rah, rah comments, and can include criticism when warranted, then it will be legit...if not, it will just look like a bunch of Pro-Bronco fanzine rhetoric.
              I'm glad you pointed that out. I and others took that into account before we introduced the section. Obviously, we love to hear the great stories about being a Broncos fan but we understand and respect other opinions and plan to include them wherever appropriate. I can't guarantee that certain types of criticism will be placed based only on space, topics (how many we get on something), etc. Thanks for your comment.
              J. Michael "J. Mike" Moore
              Editor, Broncos Publications
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
                What?! A PRIVELEDGE?? Please...

The Broncos and the NFL are a product that are for sale. The reality is, you have to pay to be a fan....pay for tickets, pay for gear, pay for NFL Sunday ticket, etc, etc, etc....as a fan, you simply have to be willing topay the price to follow a team. It is as simple as that...there is no mysterious, higher calling that leads you to a team, and a fan from 25 or 50 years ago is no more valid than one that decided he liked the Broncos yesterday.

The $$$ all spends the same.
                You don't have to "Pay" to be a fan.

If you want to get technical, then electricity and TV's are necessary to watch a football game but other than that, you can route for your favorite team through reading newspapers if you like.

No higher calling to a team?

WRONG!

Some people are born into it. Not only the Broncos, but franchises such as Green Bay and Dallas and others all have fans that know no other.

And then you slam the long time fan of 25-50 years being "no more valid than a fan that decided he liked the Broncos yesterday"

Are you kidding me?

A fan is a fan, but you have to respect the one's that have followed a team longer than your "I like the Bronco's today" fan.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

It's all about money...

Don't tell me you have an American Flag Bumper sticker on the back of your SUV/pick'em up truck, saying "These Colors Don't Run!"

It's all about business and sales... $$$! Just amazes me that the tax payers have to pickup the tabs for Multi-BILLION Dollar pro sport businesses... Dumb Voters

I guess it comes down to an intelligent remark from this guy:

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51 percent of the people may take away the rights of the other 49!
                  Thomas Jefferson
                  Definition of Insanity, same thing over & over, expecting different results.

Comment

Plummer's checks are about to bounce when the Bucs go after the 7 mil he owes.

Ryan Yandris
                    Manteca, CA
                    sigpic

Comment

How do i get one of those Broncos Fan Club Cards

I'm dying to know how i can get one of the Broncos Fan Club cards or the Jay Cutler Fan Club Cards. I'm not sure as to where to post this I'm just looking for help from anyone!

Comment

Bleeding hearst in Buffalo

The Broncos put a seroius hurt on the Bills today squeaking out the win by a single point with no time left. Needless to say there are a lot of bleeding hearts in Buffalo today. Jay Cutler looked sharp today, overcoming an interception and coming back to throw for 300+ yards. And Travis Henry certainly showed up to play, running for 100+ yards. Expect big things from the Broncos this year...

Comment

Working...
                        X