Toughest NFL Stadium To Play In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toughest NFL Stadium To Play In?

I didn't include Invesco Field At Mile High because the majority of this board would have voted that and so would I. The Denver Broncos have the biggest Home Field Advantage in the NFL because of the altitude as well as having (in my opinion) the loudest Fans in all of the NFL. We also put out a very competitive team out there every year thanks to our great Owner, Pat Bowlen who gets this team whatever we need to try to compete for a Worlds Championship.

With that said I want to ask you People what is the second toughest NFL Stadium to play in? Adding all the factors into it, such as mystique, atmosphere, field and weather conditions, the Fans, the team, etc. Whatever you want to add to it. Point blank, which is the second toughest NFL Stadium to play in, in your opinion and why?

Here are all the listings of NFL Stadiums:
    Giants Stadium - New York Giants & New York Jets
    Gillette Stadium - New England Patriots
    Pro Player Stadium - Miami Dolphins
    Ralph Wilson Stadium - Buffalo Bills
    Cleveland Browns Stadium - Cleveland Browns
    Heinz Field - Pittsburgh Steelers.
    Paul Brown Stadium - Cincinnati Bengals
    Alltel Stadium - Jacksonville Stadium
    Hoosier Dome - Indianapolis Colts
    Reliant Stadium - Houston Texans
    The Coliseum - Tennessee Titans
    Arrowhead Stadium - Kansas City Chiefs
    Invesco Field At Mile High - Denver Broncos
    Network Associates Coliseum - Oakland Raiders
    Jack Murphy Stadium - San Diego Chargers
    FedEx Field - Washington Redskins
    Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia Eagles
    Texas Stadium - Dallas Cowboys
    Ford Field - Detroit Lions
    Lambeau Field - Green Bay Packers
    Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome - Minnesota Vikings
    Soldier Field - Chicago Bears
    Ericsson Stadium - Carolina Panthers
    Georgia Dome - Atlanta Falcons
    Raymond James Stadium - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Louisiana Superdome - New Orleans Saints
    Candlestick Park - San Francisco 49ers
    Edward Jones Dome - St. Louis Rams
    Sun Devil Stadium - Arizona Cardinals
    Seahawks Stadium - Seattle Seahawks
    Giants Stadium - New York Giants & New York Jets
    1.16%
    Gillette Stadium - New England Patriots
    12.79%
    Ralph Wilson Stadium - Buffalo Bills
    0.00%
    Heinz Field - Pittsburgh Steelers
    4.65%
    Arrowhead Stadium - Kansas City Chiefs
    52.33%
    Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia Eagles
    3.49%
    Lambeau Field - Green Bay Packers
    16.28%
    Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome - Minnesota Vikings
    4.65%
    Soldier Field - Chicago Bears
    0.00%
    Other
    4.65%
    Last edited by Broncos28; 06-04-2004, 04:25 PM.

I voted for Arrowhead Stadium, home of the Kansas City Chiefs as the second toughest NFL Stadium to play in because it really has a great atmosphere, loyal Fans who are loud, that sea of bright red looks intimidating, I hear they have great tailgating there, all this other stuff. They also put out every year a competitive Kansas City Chiefs team out there. That is one of many Stadiums I would love to watch or play a Football game in.

Comment

I've been a Broncos ticket holder for many years and it can be loud, though Invesco has some catching up to do before it catches Mile High.

I also have friends in KC and I go out there for the game every year. I'll tell ya, the tailgating that starts at sunrise, the sea of red when you're inside, and the noise that's so loud you can't hear yourself scream, Arrowhead is the toughest anywhere.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
        I've been a Broncos ticket holder for many years and it can be loud, though Invesco has some catching up to do before it catches Mile High.

I also have friends in KC and I go out there for the game every year. I'll tell ya, the tailgating that starts at sunrise, the sea of red when you're inside, and the noise that's so loud you can't hear yourself scream, Arrowhead is the toughest anywhere.
        Well, yeah I know that. The reason why Invesco Field At Mile High isn't as loud as Mile High Stadium is because of how it was built. The Fans aren't as close to the field in Invesco and some other stuff I'm forgetting. So that's the reason for it.

Comment

arrowhead is very very tough!!!
          sigpic

Comment

I voted for Arrowhead as well. There is nothing like watching a division game at Arrowhead. The KC fans are just as fanatical as the Broncos fans are.

Another stadium that is rapidly becoming harder to play at is the Edward Jones dome here in St. Louis. Back when the "Greatest Show on Turf" was going, no one could be the Rams at home. It has declined a bit but still loud and tough for a visiting team to win at.

"Gateway leading to the AFC West"

Comment

I wouldn't know.......I've never played in ANY of them.....
              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Arrowhead. I am sure it is louder than Mile High. I think this is mostly due to the fact that the Denver fanbase has been more diluted recently with all the transplants from other parts of the country, the suits that are there with clients, etc. It's too bad, but that goes with the territory I guess.

Comment

I'd have to say Gillette. been to a game there and it was loud as all hell. Not too mention it was COLD. I mean COLD. And not only that but the Pats were undefeated at home last year. That speaks volumes in itself.

Comment

Come on People, if you're going to vote at least post and add something to the thread. Drop some knowledge to let us know what was the reason you voted for such and such like the six posters on here. I mean look on the bright side of it, you get to add one more to your little cute Posts count. And I'm not on here to see how many post I can get on the thread. HONESTLY, I'M NOT! It's not like I'm getting paid for it or they're going to send me a year supply of them new Carmelo Bars or somethin' like that.

Comment

I voted for Gillette too.

Between the Fans, the Weather, and the Patriot's home record, it's developing a mystique all its own.

Arrowhead's tough too, but I'm never too concerned about Denver's chances to get the better of the Chiefs. I can't say the same about playing the Pats at home.

Comment

Just to be different I'm going to say Seattle. They have been one of the league's tougher teams at home the last two years and they haven't loss a home game in a while either. I think their 10-0 the last 10 games there.

Sonja Grimes, My Cousin, We Miss and Love You.
                        The Falcons Flock Message Board

Comment

Lambough field in the winter, arrowhead in the fall
                          sigpic

Comment

How about Cleveland where they throw beer bottles at you if they hate you!

Comment

I personally voted for Arrowhead stadium...because I've been there so many times.. and the crowd is fanatic. BUT... they start the drinking and the tailgating at sunrise, and by the second half of the game (winning, losing, or only down by a few points) I have noticed that the stadium starts to empty out by the mid-way point of the third quarter. Always found that odd.

But I very easily could have voted for Lambeau. There's just something about that field that is tough to win in.

Comment

Working...
                              X