Next To Champ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next To Champ

Whose gunna start next to Champ Baily in the #2 CB spot?
    Kelly Herndon (had a good year last year)
    18.00%
    Lenny Walls (The big swat)
    76.00%
    LeSueur, Jeremy(rookie)
    4.00%
    Jimmy Spencer (coach/player)
    0.00%
    Willie Middlebrooks(Unproven 1st round Draft pick)
    2.00%
    Shoate, Jeff(rookie)
    0.00%
    Stephens, Reggie(dont know him)
    0.00%

The Big Swat!

Comment

I also go with the big swat.

But with a look at our secondary, I think the U.N. just declared Denver a no fly zone.
      No Blood No Foul

Comment

ta dah and yet another poll post, let me see walls a proven player only gonna get better with champ, or a coulple of rookies,and a unproven middle brooks ok i'll go with a rookie, no wait,,,,, i'll take walls
        Last edited by arapaho; 06-04-2004, 09:20 AM.
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Walls must start he is the best, but Hendron can fight for the position..

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

It will probably end up being Walls but Herndon may be the sleeper on this one. He played well and could steal it away.

"Gateway leading to the AFC West"

Comment

Big swat....

Comment

Big Swat..
                sigpic

Comment

Herndon looked good in mini camp. I havent hear about Walls, have you?

Comment

I'm sure Lenny Walls will start.

The problem is the whole turnover ratio improvment quest we are on this offseason. Big Swat shows great promise as a cover corner, but he seems to go more for pass deflections rather than interceptions. I would like to see a serious increase in our interception count this year, so Lenny needs to start using those long arms to catch and not just swat. Maybe by season end we can call him the Big Pick rather than the Big Swat.

(On a side note: this is the same reason I don't like the pick of Jeff Shoate... even though he has good agility, scouts said he has really bad hands, which he proved in mini camp with that dropped pick. Hopefully Jeff can improve with drills and whatnought.)
                    “One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain” ~Thomas Sowell

2008 Draft: my grade --> A-

Comment

Jeremy.............
                      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Could go either way but think if everything is about even Walls gets the start because of all the tall, fast recievers out there now.
                        They might throw it short and make the receiver come back for it. Then Walls gets the tackle. It's almost impossible to throw it over this guy, so very few times will he get burnt by a bomb.

Herndon is the nickle back and whoever else sticks on the squad winds up on Special teams and learns the postion over the next few years.
                        Last edited by JRWIZ; 06-05-2004, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                          Could go either way but think if everything is about even Walls gets the start because of all the tall, fast recievers out there now.
                          They might throw it short and make the receiver come back for it. Then Walls gets the tackle. It's almost impossible to throw it over this guy, so very few times will he get burnt by a bomb.

Herndon is the nickle back and whoever else sticks on the squad winds up on Special teams and learns the postion over the next few years.
                          Didnt he have the most tips for the team last year?

Comment

Working...
                          X