Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Moore Running with the First Team?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eddie Moore Running with the First Team?

    Don't know if this has made it to the board yet, but I was very surprised to hear the Post report that Eddie Moore was running in DJ's old slot on the FIRST team yesterday.

    The new Al Wilson at middle linebacker is D.J. Williams. The new D.J. Williams at outside linebacker may be Eddie Moore.

    A second-round draft pick of the Miami Dolphins in 2003, where Jim Bates was defensive coordinator at the time, Moore has been plagued by injuries ever since. Moore didn't play a down last season as he struggled to overcome a defect in his right knee, but he played with the Broncos' first-team defense at minicamp Tuesday.

    "He's worked through those injuries and he's had a good off- season program and he's been very impressive in this camp," Shanahan said.


    That could make the battle for that last LB spot really tight!

    Thoughts?
    Denver Obsession
    www.BroncoTalk.net

  • #2
    Very interesting,this guy wasnt on my rader

    Comment


    • #3
      Well the coaches actually watch the practices every day so I trust their judgment.


      Comment


      • #4
        I don't think it means much right now. For all we know, someone else could be running with the first team today.

        Moore does seem to have an advantage when it comes to knowing the system but that doesn't mean he's the front runner for the starting job. Depending on what kind of talent he has when he's healthy though, he could very well be the front runner.

        If Moore does win the job, I wonder if the team will end up regretting signing Holdman and Lewis.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BaileyTheBest
          Well the coaches actually watch the practices every day so I trust their judgment.
          Bailey Im really wondering who we are gonna pick up after June 1.We may sign another LB during that time.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by broncolee
            I don't think it means much right now. For all we know, someone else could be running with the first team today.

            Moore does seem to have an advantage when it comes to knowing the system but that doesn't mean he's the front runner for the starting job. Depending on what kind of talent he has when he's healthy though, he could very well be the front runner.

            If Moore does win the job, I wonder if the team will end up regretting signing Holdman and Lewis.
            We need depth at that position. I'm glad Moore has emerged. I hope he pushes the other linebackers. If Moore were to start we would have Webster, Lewis and Holdman. That's actually not that bad.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
              Bailey Im really wondering who we are gonna pick up after June 1.We may sign another LB during that time.
              I doubt we sign another LB unless the coaches are unimpressed with the ones we currently have.


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                We need depth at that position. I'm glad Moore has emerged. I hope he pushes the other linebackers. If Moore were to start we would have Webster, Lewis and Holdman. That's actually not that bad.
                I agree with you that it puts our depth at a nice point with Webster and Holdman in the wings (not to mention Green -- our special teams ace).

                I also agree with Broncolee, I don't think this means Moore has the starting job by any means. It's only OTA days and not even Training Camp yet.

                However, this does mean that the coaches have Moore rated higher than I thought they did. Most of the talk I'd heard was about Webster last year -- everyone raved about his ability. And then Holdman has had some good feedback from the defensive leaders... I just hadn't heard anything about Moore until this news that he was running with the 1st team.

                Interesting.
                Denver Obsession
                www.BroncoTalk.net

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by denverobsession
                  Don't know if this has made it to the board yet, but I was very surprised to hear the Post report that Eddie Moore was running in DJ's old slot on the FIRST team yesterday.




                  That could make the battle for that last LB spot really tight!

                  Thoughts?
                  Holdman, also, shared time with the first team. I'm not sure what it means this early in the preseason.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would think its all part of the players evaluatuon/ assesment process and how they look at that time in that position. Shanahan has said they ( the coaches) take the practice tape afterwards and evaluate each player . Probably more so on the new guys, and probably the vets too , so they can make sure they're in the correct place for Bates scheme.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well sounds to me like brought in to show D.J. how to run the defense. I wouldn't make to much of it from OTAs.
                      John 11: 25-27

                      My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                      Thanks Snk16

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by broncolee
                        I don't think it means much right now. For all we know, someone else could be running with the first team today.

                        Moore does seem to have an advantage when it comes to knowing the system but that doesn't mean he's the front runner for the starting job. Depending on what kind of talent he has when he's healthy though, he could very well be the front runner.

                        If Moore does win the job, I wonder if the team will end up regretting signing Holdman and Lewis.
                        Why? Because if they're not starting, they're worthless?

                        Moore prolly has a better grasp of the system, than those guys.

                        Plus, it isn't like the team has a set roster.....It's only MAY!
                        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                        men."

                        -- Samuel Adams

                        sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Year in and year out, there are no-named people who get their shot to run with the first team. There were players who ran with the first team last year for a little bit, who eventually didn't even see the field or make the final roster. Hell, even Nate Jackson ran with the first-team and he's probably the worst player we have. (Maybe the best writer, but worst player - possibly.)

                          Familiarity with Jim probably helps the guy, but I think when it's all said and done, Holdman will be the starter - I have high hopes for Vaughn though.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Interesting read about Eddie Moore

                            http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/local_...152130949.html

                            It appears the Broncos wanted him long before they hired Bates.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I like what i'm hearing about Moore but.....

                              I think Holdman or vaughn will win the job. I like that fact that we picked up so many LB's we need the depth and with out a doubt we need them fro special teams too!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X