X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sporting News: Broncos No. 1

Sporting News: Broncos are champs at corner:
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=215714

1. Broncos. Dre' Bly gives the team another ballhawking man-to-man defender to pair with seven-time Pro Bowl cornerback Champ Bailey. Nickel back Domonique Foxworth has the top-end speed to match up with slot receivers.

2. Raiders. Nnamdi Asomugha and Fabian Washington excel in one-on-one coverage and have above-average speed, great instincts and solid tackling skills. Nickel back Stanford Routt has blazing speed but gets beat too often.

3. Ravens. Chris McAlister has the strength and speed to match up with any receiver. Samari Rolle struggled last season but still is savvy. Backups Ronnie Prude and Evan Oglesby lack experience.

4. Patriots. If potential holdout Asante Samuel returns, he and Ellis Hobbs will form a solid duo. Hobbs has the ball skills and temperament to be a No. 1 corner. If Samuel leaves, Eugene Wilson could move from safety to corner, his college position.

5. Jaguars. Rashean Mathis and Brian Williams have solid man-to-man coverage skills, are physical jamming receivers and are fearless in run support. Nickel back Terry Cousin (5-9, 185) lacks ideal size but is a savvy veteran who makes plays.

Its a given. No other tandem has the skill that the broncos have. If you watched sportscenter the other day John Clayton did his "Inside the Huddle" and said Champ thinks he can get a record amount of INT's next year with Dre Bly now on the team.
    sigpic

Comment

I love this comment from the article:

Champ Bailey, Broncos. There's Bailey -- and there's the rest of the cornerbacks. He has the whole package: size, quickness, recovery speed, ball skills. On top of that, he's the best run-stopping corner in the NFL.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DTownNative
        Sporting News: Broncos are champs at corner:
        http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=215714

1. Broncos. Dre' Bly gives the team another ballhawking man-to-man defender to pair with seven-time Pro Bowl cornerback Champ Bailey. Nickel back Domonique Foxworth has the top-end speed to match up with slot receivers.

2. Raiders. Nnamdi Asomugha and Fabian Washington excel in one-on-one coverage and have above-average speed, great instincts and solid tackling skills. Nickel back Stanford Routt has blazing speed but gets beat too often.

3. Ravens. Chris McAlister has the strength and speed to match up with any receiver. Samari Rolle struggled last season but still is savvy. Backups Ronnie Prude and Evan Oglesby lack experience.

4. Patriots. If potential holdout Asante Samuel returns, he and Ellis Hobbs will form a solid duo. Hobbs has the ball skills and temperament to be a No. 1 corner. If Samuel leaves, Eugene Wilson could move from safety to corner, his college position.

5. Jaguars. Rashean Mathis and Brian Williams have solid man-to-man coverage skills, are physical jamming receivers and are fearless in run support. Nickel back Terry Cousin (5-9, 185) lacks ideal size but is a savvy veteran who makes plays.
        Why did you stop at 5......

6. Chargers. Quentin Jammer has become a shutdown force and is an excellent tackler. Drayton Florence is fast and would be among the league's best if he were more consistent. Antonio Cromartie needs experience.

Comment

The Raiders at #2?

Are they serious? I mean, they may have improved, but up to #2? REally?

Comment

go to the bottom of the page and see what one guy posted

Champ Bailey
            Posted by The Badeye on Thu May 31, 2007 12:32 pm

...is the most over rated cornerback in the NFL.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha that is the funniest thing i have ever heard

Comment

Originally posted by rockrules40

Probably Matt Leinart posting in disguise...
              "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Originally posted by naf_tlob

6. Chargers. Quentin Jammer has become a shutdown force and is an excellent tackler. Drayton Florence is fast and would be among the league's best if he were more consistent. Antonio Cromartie needs experience.
                because this isn't a chargers board...

Comment

bolt fan, jammer is not a shutdown corner, he is good, but not great.
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I agree with this except for the Pats at #4. I think they are rated #4 with LB corps but not CB

Comment

Great info DTown.I havent ever really seen much of Bly,or heard of him until he came to Denver.I hope Bly is good as what people say he is cause we could use another cover corner thats similar to Bailey.The corner position could help our defense a lot.All it takes is one more playmaker to add to an already good defense to be great.I hope Bly really answers up to the Hype.

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29
                        bolt fan, jammer is not a shutdown corner, he is good, but not great.
                        Your opinion....

But he is getting more and more respect every year....

He does not gamble and get the picks......but is always solid...

Comment

Originally posted by naf_tlob

well he just ment to say that chargers where overrated in this post!
                          GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

Bailey is not the best run defender at corner in the league, I'm sorry - but watching Antoine Winfield in a Minnesota has been a blessing. Pound for pound, the most sound tackler in the game, regardless of position. Bailey would be second, but Winfield is better at tackling.

Comment

Originally posted by rockrules40

seriously who ever that badeye guy is really does have a bad eye!!! unless he was talking about boss bailey either way badeye can "shuck it long and shuck it hard!!" mr connery!
                              GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X