Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Cuban Looks To Start New Pro Football League!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    He's never going to surpasss the NFL, and I don't think he's trying to. He feels that in the offseason he can get enough viewers to support a second league. But I personally don't think people will watch just 'any' football. They want to watch the NFL. Anything less is just... less.
    People watch college football. That has a much lower level of competition than the NFL. I think that if they put teams in cities that want a pro team and try to focus on talent from local colleges (ie a team in Memphis could favor players from UT and Ole Miss) then people will want to continue to watch "their guys." At least for a yea ror two to get people watching. Then its no holds barred, just be competitive.
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

that would be unsatisfactory.

just keep the NFL the way it is.
      Last edited by Archimedes Owl; 06-01-2007, 12:38 AM.
      white sox are done, broncos looking strong, lakers gonna win it all again.

Originally posted by raylewis52
      you guys are the saddest team in nfl right now! 8-8 will win the west,.thats just a joke. there will be 6-8 teams sitting home with better records,
      smart fans, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
        Well.. then I hope it fails. I don't want the NFL watered down, and thats exactly what will happen. There aren't enough great football players to fill up both leagues. If they have the success you believe they can have (I don't believe they will)....then it will do nothing but thin out the talent pool, and therefore lessen the football that we have come to love.

IF they lower down the age limit, it will then lessen the quality of college football as well. I hope the very things that you are suggesting are NOT the things they do. It would make football in our nation a watered down version of what we know, and end up looking like the NBA....c rap.
        I agree, this will take away talent from the NFL. Imagine if Steve Young or Jim Kelly never played for the NFL. If they only pick after the 2nd round, what if that league gets the next Tom Brady?

I'd rather they add teams to the NFL than add leagues, but then again, there are enough teams in the NFL that are already below par.

Comment

The problem is there are already off season leagues that are quite successful. That is what the Arena leagues do. Both the AFL and AF2 are making a nice living off of people's offseason woes. Any spring league would have to compete with those leagues.
          "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Working...
          X