Daniel Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Graham

Good article on Daniel Graham,It appears that Graham is striving to be the best.This was a good pick up for Denver.

http://fflivewire.com/Article.asp?ID=5312007gey3466ez

This article sure seems to indicate that Graham is much more than just a blocking TE. The offense could be a lot more versatile than many have thought. At the very least, there is less to worry about in regards to Scheffler's broken foot. If for some reason he can't return by training camp and ends up missing a lot more time than originally thought, it appears that Graham is capable of handling the job by himself.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee
      This article sure seems to indicate that Graham is much more than just a blocking TE. The offense could be a lot more versatile than many have thought. At the very least, there is less to worry about in regards to Scheffler's broken foot. If for some reason he can't return by training camp and ends up missing a lot more time than originally thought, it appears that Graham is capable of handling the job by himself.
      This guy is more like a WR he can catch the rock.I cant wait to see his first catch of the season,another weapon in our already deep arsenal.

Comment

I personally find it odd that New England only used him as a blocker. The guy was a good receiving TE at CU. I won't be the least bit surprised if he develops into more of a receiver this season. He's probably going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder because he felt he never got used to the best of his abilities by the Pats.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
          This guy is more like a WR he can catch the rock.I cant wait to see his first catch of the season,another weapon in our already deep arsenal.

And the beauty of it all: Graham can be in for any game situation without tipping off what the offense will do.

Also: did anyone notice the bit on Cutler? Looks like he's cutting back on the happy feet and has a better understanding of where his options are. I'm giddy.

EDIT: Graham was on 950 the Fan yesterday afternoon. Not a spectacular interview, but it did sound like he's excited to play a bigger role in the passing game.
          "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Originally posted by CSU_stat
            And the beauty of it all: Graham can be in for any game situation without tipping off what the offense will do.

Also: did anyone notice the bit on Cutler? Looks like he's cutting back on the happy feet and has a better understanding of where his options are. I'm giddy.

EDIT: Graham was on 950 the Fan yesterday afternoon. Not a spectacular interview, but it did sound like he's excited to play a bigger role in the passing game.
            I really want to see what this guy does for us blocking wise.Will he improve the running game that much,if so we could rush for like 2500 yards as a team and Culter could throw about 30 Tds, if everyone stays healthy.

Comment

well the thing is Watson was faster and can catch better....Graham has trouble catching the easy balls
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Rex
                well the thing is Watson was faster and can catch better....Graham has trouble catching the easy balls
                I heard that was true,but Graham was a better blocker and less utilized in the passing game.His blocking alone made him less of an option.I hope that changes with Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Rex
                  I can't find a stat that records dropped balls. However, since 2003 Football Outsiders lists Graham's completion percentage for passes thrown to him as having been 61%, 63%, 64%, and 62%. His DVOA (how he did versus the "average" TE) has been +8%, +32%, +17.4%, and -3.6%.

It doesn't appear that he drops a significant amount of passes. I realize that it is as important when you drop one as it is how many you drop. I guess we will get a chance to see him in action this year so that each of us can form our own opinion.

Comment

I was reading this article and was wondering how many balls did S. Sharpe catch in one year?

Thanks

----------------------------------------------
                    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan
                      I was reading this article and was wondering how many balls did S. Sharpe catch in one year?

Thanks
                      #84's best seasons:

Catches: 1994 ~ 87
                      Yards: 1997 ~ 1,107
                      Avg: 1997 ~ 15.4
                      TDs : 1996/8 ~ 10ea
                      The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                      BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                      You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
                        I heard that was true,but Graham was a better blocker and less utilized in the passing game.His blocking alone made him less of an option.I hope that changes with Denver.
                        You are correct... Graham can be a factor in the passing game if given the opportunity; in NE he simply wasn't.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
                          #84's best seasons:

Catches: 1994 ~ 87
                          Yards: 1997 ~ 1,107
                          Avg: 1997 ~ 15.4
                          TDs : 1996/8 ~ 10ea
                          Thanks for the info CP to you!

----------------------------------------------
                          I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ
                            I personally find it odd that New England only used him as a blocker. The guy was a good receiving TE at CU. I won't be the least bit surprised if he develops into more of a receiver this season. He's probably going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder because he felt he never got used to the best of his abilities by the Pats.
                            In NE, Bellyache runs alot of 2 TE sets which are almost impossible to stop.
                            I watched alot of NE games the last couple of years and the amazing aspect of their offense was that the defense has no choice but to cover BOTH TEs no matter what they do! This leaves Brady with all kinds of options including audible at the line to a run play which gives guys like Maroney all kinds of room to run before 1st contact. BTW Brady last year didnt even have a go to WR! Caldwell! are you kidding me! They went to the AFC Champ. Game with Caldwell as their best WR! Watson and Graham made that offence go.
                            Indy did the same thing except they DO have good WRs. They also have 2 very good TEs in Dallas Clark and Ben Utecht. Both were used extensively in the same situation for Manning. This just opened up huge holes for Addai to go through.
                            Ever notice that these guys(Maroney and Addai) are rookies and they never seem to get touched in the backfield or at the LOS? Thats because a LB is running in pass coverage with one of the TEs!
                            In retrospect, the "BIG NICKEL" was specifically designed to STOP this nightmare from occuring to the Broncos. Shanny beating Bellyache was mostly due to Sam Brandons awesome coverage on TEs which leaves Brady dancing in the pocket and all of us cheering!
                            Last edited by socalorado1; 06-01-2007, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I think this is one of the reasons that Graham could get 50 plus catches.

From your link BSD:

Heimerdinger, comparing the Jay Cutler of one year ago to the current model: "His feet aren't as happy as they were. He's not bouncing around like he used to do. He's sitting in the pocket, sliding in the pocket. There are some things he learned from last year. When he gets pressure, he's not panicking and drifting back trying to make a play. He knows where people are." ...
                              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                              X