Ramsey learning system quickly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stnzed
    Ya'll act like you forgot about BVP......

How could we forget him.......
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze

How could we forget him.......

Pfft! Patrick Ramsey!

Comment

Liek omg!

BVP FTW1!1!!

Comment

This might be far fetched but I feel Ramsey will be as reliable as a backup at least as Kubiak was back in the day. So far better than the others we've had recently. As far as BVP goes, I think it's funny how fast people change their tune. I went to the Broncos preseason game a couple of years back when we played the Cardinals and BVP came in late in the game and started a rally and the entire stadium was chanting for him. Now everyone bashes him...he wasn't really that bad just didn't get alot of opportunities to play.

ORANGE CRUSH!!!

Comment

BVP humm seems like I have seen those initials somewhere else, I just can't put my finger on where it was.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Personally, I think that Ramsey is an excellent stop-gap QB until we can develop a long-term back-up.

Think Senece Wallace for the Seahawks.

We keep Ramsey for insurance now, and then draft a mid-round QB as a reliable back-up to develop, that will know the team and the system and be ready to come in when the time is right.
              sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
              Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
                Personally, I think that Ramsey is an excellent stop-gap QB until we can develop a long-term back-up.

Think Senece Wallace for the Seahawks.

We keep Ramsey for insurance now, and then draft a mid-round QB as a reliable back-up to develop, that will know the team and the system and be ready to come in when the time is right.
                I'm curious why you think Ramsey couldn't be a long term back-up quarterback. He's only in his 6th season so he still has several years left in him.
                Last edited by TXBRONC; 06-02-2007, 02:14 PM.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                  I curious why you think Ramsey couldn't be a long term back-up quarterback. He's only in his 6th season so he still has several years left in him.
                  Because I don't think Ramsey wants to be a career back-up, especially with the limited chances he has had in Washington to showcase his first round talent.

He'll get a few chances, I'm sure, while he's here to lead the Broncos while Jay Cutler is either injured or on the bench for non-injury reasons (ex. sweeper/home field advantage duties), and he'll get a chance somewhere to start.

A mid-round QB we can draft won't have the same expectations IMO.

Furthurmore, I'm not sure how well Ramsey fits our system, but if he fits it well, keep him by all means.
                  sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Because I don't think Ramsey wants to be a career back-up, especially with the limited chances he has had in Washington to showcase his first round talent.

He'll get a few chances, I'm sure, while he's here to lead the Broncos while Jay Cutler is either injured or on the bench for non-injury reasons (ex. sweeper/home field advantage duties), and he'll get a chance somewhere to start.

A mid-round QB we can draft won't have the same expectations IMO.

Furthermore, I'm not sure how well Ramsey fits our system, but if he fits it well, keep him by all means.
                    I had an idea that's why you said that, I just thought I would make sure for my own benefit.

Honestly I think a West Coast style offense like ours is quarterback friendly. However, the better a quarterback can function in and outside the pocket makes him a better fit.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I had an idea that's why you said that, I just thought I would make sure for my own benefit.

Honestly I think a West Coast style offense like ours is quarterback friendly. However, the better a quarterback can function in and outside the pocket makes him a better fit.
                      That's why I'm thinking Shanahan should draft a Qb who he thinks can best fit his system so he gets the best back-up for the job.

If not for Senenca Wallace, the Seahawks might not have stayed in playoff contention.

Even some guys can end up starting in the league like that... look at Tony Romo in Dallas for example.

I hope Ramsey stays, but if we get a chance to cultivate a good back-up behind Cutler and mold him into our ideal insurance, I say we take that chance, but until then Ramsey is one of the better #2 QBs in the league.
                      sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

That's why I'm thinking Shanahan should draft a Qb who he thinks can best fit his system so he gets the best back-up for the job.

If not for Senenca Wallace, the Seahawks might not have stayed in playoff contention.

Even some guys can end up starting in the league like that... look at Tony Romo in Dallas for example.

I hope Ramsey stays, but if we get a chance to cultivate a good back-up behind Cutler and mold him into our ideal insurance, I say we take that chance, but until then Ramsey is one of the better #2 QBs in the league.

You know we have this kid Hackney on the team right now. I only think I really know about him is that he's quarterback, but maybe he's worth taking a look at.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

You know we have this kid Hackney on the team right now. I only think I really know about him is that he's quarterback, but maybe he's worth taking a look at.
                          He was pretty decent at UAB, but he's like... 5'11'' I think?

That lack of height is going to hurt him, but then again, Seneca Wallace is no giant either...
                          sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

He was pretty decent at UAB, but he's like... 5'11'' I think?

That lack of height is going to hurt him, but then again, Seneca Wallace is no giant either...
                            I think Wallace stands about 5'11" as well.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                            X