'98 Broncos vs Manning's Colts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '98 Broncos vs Manning's Colts

Ok, we all know how mike shanahan has really built this team to beat the colts. Those playoff blowout losses continue to haunt him as well as a lot of Bronco Fans. Shanny's Defenses have had no answer for Manning, especially Reggie Wayne. I still don't think the current defense can stop the Colt Offense this year, either, but surprisingly our offense has not been very good against the colts 'D over the years. So i pose the question, How would the 1998 Bronco Offense match up against the colts defense over the last 2 years? Would the cover 2 limit big plays in the passing game? Would Davis have run wild? Would the colts have answers for Shannon Sharpe in his Prime? as well as Eddie Mac? And after all that, would they score enough points to outscore manning?
    sigpic

im saying this will as little homerism as possible

WE WOULD OWN THEM!!!!!

in every single way. the defense would put pressure on peyton, and if he gets hit twice, he gets thrown off and then sucks.

our offense would decimate them. td,shapre,rod (young) eddy, elroy.

elway owns peyton,
    td owns all rbs
    sharpe owns stokely or whoever else
    rod not wuite marvin but not to much worse
    caffy not as good as wayne-but cltuch enough for us

spc teams-elam all i got to say is 64yrds
    darion gordon-return man, last to return a td for us i think? not sure on that one.
    mobley,wilson,tryalor,pryce,taanuvasa,atwater

they are better then the combined
    freeny,the other guy,cato,bob sanders,

dmwb
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I think it would be close, but Denver would win, the main difference being Terrel Davis and our defense. Also, that offense could eat up a whole lot of clock, keeping Peyton off the field.

Comment

It wouldn't be close. Denver would do what it wants on offense. The Colts would have their moments on offense but not enough. Denver would win by something like 38-17.

BTW, this topic is laughable. People forget that the week before one of those playoff losses Denver trucked Indy in their own building when Quentin Griffin ran all over them. Its hard to win in the playoffs, let alone two weeks in a row. Indy was a matchup nightmare as their strengths exploited our weaknesses...but our running game actually matched up well with their defense too. The first loss was a contest of whoever could get on track first. Whoever didnt get going first was forced to become more one dimensional and prone to a blow out. That was when Denver had Clinton Portis though. The next time they didnt have Portis but they had Bailey and some scrubs. In the end though, I dont see why those playoff losses haunt Shanahan. The Colts had HFA in those years. I dont see the shame. In fact, in both of those years that Denver lost to Indy in the playoffs, I think Denver beat Indy in the regular season-- not that this is what matters.
        Last edited by lex; 06-02-2007, 12:00 PM.

Comment

It wouldnt even be close we would have killed them. Ray Crockett and Darian Gordan could have handled the 2 WR plus the safeties of Atwater and Braxton. TD would have run all over the Colts D. Plus we had a guy by the name of Elway throwing to Rod and Eddy, that doesnt hurt either. That LB crew was special too, behind that great D-line, we were stacked.

Comment

No contest. 98 Broncos 100-49. Err.. Never mind we had a good defense and the Colts had none... 98' Broncos 120 Colts 14

Comment

The colts would have gotten whooped by the 97 Jags..

Comment

I'm more interested in this year's matchup. Plus we all know TD would have been unstoppable against that run d

Comment

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=94573
                  I guess you missed this topic

Comment

We would own them. TD, Elway, Sharpe, Rod in his prime, and Easy Ed on offense, plus the best O Line in the league... we would chew up the clock and Manning would never see the field.

Our defense would be good enough to keep Manning in check when the Colts do see the field.
                    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

According to this Denver 98 wins 43-34 and TD rushes for 195 yards.

http://whatifsports.com/nfl/boxscore...D=2733623&ad=1

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29
                        im saying this will as little homerism as possible

WE WOULD OWN THEM!!!!!

in every single way. the defense would put pressure on peyton, and if he gets hit twice, he gets thrown off and then sucks.

our offense would decimate them. td,shapre,rod (young) eddy, elroy.

elway owns peyton,
                        td owns all rbs
                        sharpe owns stokely or whoever else
                        rod not wuite marvin but not to much worse
                        caffy not as good as wayne-but cltuch enough for us

spc teams-elam all i got to say is 64yrds
                        darion gordon-return man, last to return a td for us i think? not sure on that one.
                        mobley,wilson,tryalor,pryce,taanuvasa,atwater

they are better then the combined
                        freeny,the other guy,cato,bob sanders,

dmwb

While I wholeheartedly agree - with what I was able to read - I just have to ask, were you by any chance under the influence of any alcoholic substance while composing this post?

sigpic
                        They're your teammates, now.
                        Best of luck, TT!
                        ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Field Goals
                          Made - 0 - Missed - 47
                          '06 Adam Vinatieri

Field Goals
                          Made - 46,44,53,40,34 - Missed - 0
                          '98 Jason Elam

That's the best stat muahaha

Comment

Working...
                          X