With Adams signed Who loses a job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncolee
    I was talking about Veal's signing bonus in response to someone who said Veal wouldn't be cut because of the extension he signed. Veal could very well be cut if his signing bonus wouldn't hurt the cap. People seem to be forgetting that Burton and Gordon are physically better fits for the new system than Veal is. It doesn't matter that he's running with the first team in OTAs as one person has mentioned. It's OTAs. A lot of players are going to get a chance to run with the first team in OTAs, even though they have almost no chance of being a starter. The coaches need to know how a back up is going to mesh with the starters when he does have to get in and play with them. Shanahan himself said that Burton and Gordon have a chance to get playing time this year because their power is a better fit for the new system where as their lack of speed was what held them back last year. I'm not saying that Veal will definitely be cut or that Burtion and Gordon will definitely make the team, but nobody should be surprised if Veal is cut and Burton and Gordon make the team.
    AH my apologies that I didn't catch that.

I realized that right away when I found out how Bates likes to use his DTs. Like you I'm not saying I know for sure it just seems to me that still are closer being on the bubble. The guys that we know will be here for sure, Warren, Thomas, Adams, and I think McKinley. So how many more do we keep after them?
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Steven Harris and Amon Gordon are goners.

Comment

if adams plays well we will sign him back, he is getting up there in age and was just cut by the bengals. you dont want to give someone like that a lengthy contract in case he doesnt work out. i like the 1 year deal
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
          AH my apologies that I didn't catch that.

I realized that right away when I found out how Bates likes to use his DTs. Like you I'm not saying I know for sure it just seems to me that still are closer being on the bubble. The guys that we know will be here for sure, Warren, Thomas, Adams, and I think McKinley. So how many more do we keep after them?
          I think the team might carry one or two more. Probably one more. My guess is that Burton and Gordon will fight for the last spot. Hopefully Steven Harris shows enough potential to get placed on the practice squad and then gains about 40 lbs.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
            What should his role be then?
            In an ideal world, he would have only been on the field backing up the other DT, who is less of a fatty and more of a penetrator/ guy who flows to the ball. Unforturnately, nothing was ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee
              I think the team might carry one or two more. Probably one more. My guess is that Burton and Gordon will fight for the last spot. Hopefully Steven Harris shows enough potential to get placed on the practice squad and then gains about 40 lbs.

Yep that sounds about right to me I figure after you get past Warren, Thomas, Adams, and McKinley then its one maybe two more defensive tackles.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by HidEmu
                if adams plays well we will sign him back, he is getting up there in age and was just cut by the bengals. you dont want to give someone like that a lengthy contract in case he doesnt work out. i like the 1 year deal
                The main reason why Adams was cut by the Bengals is that he simply did not fit into their team philosophy.

They have a team goal and hold everyone responsible for conforming to their guidelines and he simply would not do it.

He was going completely against the grain there and so obviously, if he wasn't going to be a team player and fit into their system....then he frankly had to go.

Basically, he wasn't arrested......therefore, buh bye. :wave:

Comment

He sounds pretty cocky on his interview on the home page. He said he will be in the pro bowl again like he is every year. sounds like plans on playing more than a couple of downs a game. I hope he is right!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Gordon seems like the easy choice from a fans perspective because we haven't seen anything from him in games, which indicates the coaches thought he was low man on the totem pole last year. Given whom we had at defensive tackle last year that's saying something; even Burton saw some game time at the end of the season (on the other hand, I believe Gordon was PS, so if we'd activated him we'd have had to deactivate someone else). A lot of it depends on how camp goes and which direction the coaches want to go, so it's impossible to say.

My guess would be Gordon and EITHER Burton or Veal (but not both). And Steven Harris may be out of Denver as quickly as he was in Denver; we only carried 5 DTs last year, and I doubt we carry many more than that on the 53 man roster this year. I look at us as having four starters, because we like to rotate and, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel from when he was in Green Bay, so does Bates, so it's a fight for the number five slot that will likely to go to the guy who seems most capable of playing UT and NT. Veal seems kind of small for a NT, but he backed up Warren last year (though not well, IMHO); Burton was listed as Michael Myers backup and saw some time there at the end of the season, but he's our biggest DT after Adams and Warren, and I believe it's been established Bates likes big tackles.

My guess would be Harris, Gordon and Veal are gone, but I don't know how objective I'm being because I've never been a Veal fan.
                    SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X