Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which running back has the most pressure to perform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which running back has the most pressure to perform?

The poll that the Broncos have on their Main page. The interesting thing is the results are all over the map with the four backs.

Mike Anderson - 15.3%
    Tatum Bell - 24.4%
    Quentin Griffin - 39.9%
    Garrison Hearst - 20.6%

What do you think of this? Is it because no one knows who the starter is going to be or what?
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Re: Which running back has the most pressure to perform?

Originally posted by broncos4ever
    The poll that the Broncos have on their Main page. The interesting thing is the results are all over the map with the four backs.
    Mike Anderson - 15.3%
    Tatum Bell - 24.4%
    Quentin Griffin - 39.9%
    Garrison Hearst - 20.6%
    What do you think of this? Is it because no one knows who the starter is going to be or what?
    MA-Because if he fails to shine, he'll be cut or relegated to FB.
    TB-Deemed "The Annointed ONE" by some fans. Is supposed to be cp clone but faster. We'll see.....
    Q-Because no matter how good he plays, he'll NEVER earn respect. Rather, just more excuses AGAINST him......
    GH-Probably his last chance to play a contributing role and win a championship.

IMO
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by westflbroncostud
      Q easy..he got to live up to his hype from the indy game
      You're one of them, westy......

....but I'm sure if he DOES, you'll come up (or follow along) with ANOTHER excuse.

Why not just enjoy watching him? Be glad he's on our team juking?
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

id say Q, not because i don't think he can be a great back, but because he's got all these, Bells the man posters putting him down over a unproven ( maybe great, maybe bad) rookie, shanahan didnt draft Q because he couldnt run or have potential
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Fox sports has Garrison Hearst as the starting RB. At the bottom of the page!
          Ill say thats pressure!

http://www.foxsports.com/named/FS/NFL/team?statsId=7

Comment

I'd say "Q" he is supposedly the next logical step to replace Portis. But instead of giving him the vote of confidence, we let Anderson compete for the Job, Bring in Garrison, Draft Bell in the second round. Plus we have Galloway & Sapp there in the mix. I think he will put himself under a great deal of pressure.
            The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
              I'd say "Q" he is supposedly the next logical step to replace Portis. But instead of giving him the vote of confidence, we let Anderson compete for the Job, Bring in Garrison, Draft Bell in the second round. Plus we have Galloway & Sapp there in the mix. I think he will put himself under a great deal of pressure.
              Hmmmmm...how can I do this without coming across as a homer....

ok....

Q has had this same problem since signing w/OU. But he just went out there every week and worked his a** off and performed. He doesn't let the 'outside world' (opinions) get to him.
              He isn't the most gifted rb around, but he's likely the hardest working.
              There's a class of people out there that, when told they're not cut out for what they love to do, they'll believe it after a while a give up. Then there's Q.....he simply works HARDER to prove the skeptics wrong. And he does it with class......

If he can stay healthy, and there's no reason to think otherwise, I sincerely believe he will make ALOT of people believers.

Pressure? He thrives on it.....
              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdslick2
                You can't
                I'm not even sure why you post here, slick. You offer nothing but argument and sarcasm.
                I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

Rb with the mot pressure has to be Bell, why you ask because he is the fastest RB in the draft. He is most folks minds the next coming of Poortis.

After that it has to be Anderson, RD, Hearst and then last but not at all least Q.

Anderson thinks he is an elite RB, NOT
                  RD wants to be an elite RB.
                  Hearst has been a Pro Bowler. Knows what he has.

Q will be an elite RB. He has never got any respect, because he is to small to play in the NFL. He has nothing to lose because so far he has nothing. He is at the bottom, with no where to go but up!

Comment

Q

This may shock you all but I am a huge Q fan. The pressure is on Quentin more than any of the other backs but that is Okay. The dude is a football player. Unlike a lot of folks on this board Q doesn't talk any noise, he just performs. As for whether the organization has confidence in Q, Shanny was the one when Portis came back late in the season who said that Quentin had earned playing time whether Portis was healthy or not.
                    ...to live outside the law, you must be honest- Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                      There's a class of people out there that, when told they're not cut out for what they love to do, they'll believe it after a while a give up. Then there's Q.....he simply works HARDER to prove the skeptics wrong. And he does it with class......

If he can stay healthy, and there's no reason to think otherwise, I sincerely believe he will make ALOT of people believers.

Pressure? He thrives on it.....
                      Are you talking about Q or Rudy???

Comment

Ahhh, why isn't the great Gaston Green mentioned on this poll? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by hombre_399
                          Are you talking about Q or Rudy???
                          Rivoting.....
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdslick2
                            There's no pressure on a rookie to step in and win the starting job on a team of NFL vets. Bell has time to prove himself. He's not the next coming of Portis in anyone's mind, except yours maybe.

Anderson is a more of a fullback. He's not going to be relied upon to get the bulk of the carries.

The pressure is on Griffin to prove he belongs.....period.
                            Quentin has proved he belongs. He just needs to prove whether or not he can be the season long starter and carry the load.
                            I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

Originally posted by mrsolo
                              Quentin has proved he belongs. He just needs to prove whether or not he can be the season long starter and carry the load.
                              Maybe Q can be trade bait?

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Working...
                              X