Ahmaad Galloway a disappointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahmaad Galloway a disappointment

I was just looking at A. Galloway's stats this season.

RUSHING No Yds Avg Lg TD
    Galloway, A (DEN) 66 141 2.1 10 1

This seems very disappointing to me, especially the 2.1 avg. Does anyone have any insight as to why, and do you think he will get cut if he doesn't prove something in training Camp? Not that our RB situation is bleek, but I kept hearing how high everyone was on him.

Re: Ahmaad Galloway a disappointment

Originally posted by BroncoAZ
    I was just looking at A. Galloway's stats this season.

RUSHING No Yds Avg Lg TD
    Galloway, A (DEN) 66 141 2.1 10 1

This seems very disappointing to me, especially the 2.1 avg. Does anyone have any insight as to why, and do you think he will get cut if he doesn't prove something in training Camp? Not that our RB situation is bleek, but I kept hearing how high everyone was on him.
    Yea thats horrible. A long of 10, my sis could run farther then him. He's not that great, but i think he had a bad team in europe. Truthfully, i dont think he can do much here in Den.

Comment

He's a chode, that's all there is to it.

Comment

I never believed in Galloway, He must be released by Shanny, he is horrible... Galloway U dont deserve to play in our team

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

some of you guys were talking him up at the beginning of the NFLEL season. It doesn't matter, he'll get his chance to shine in training camp. NFLEL was to get him running on that knee.

Comment

He will make it late into training camp because they get roster exemptions for NFL Europe players.

Griffin, Quentin 1 start, 10 games, 94 carries ('03 4th rnd)
            Anderson, Mike 1000 yd vet
            Droughns, Reuben Starting FB
            Bell, Tatum ('04 2nd round draft)
            Hearst, Garrison 1000 yd vet

Miree, Brandon ('04 7th round draft)
            Galloway, Ahmaad ('03 7th round draft)
            Sapp, Cecil 12 rushes, 31 yds ('03 FA)
            Beard, Santonio ('04 free agent)
            FB3 - Johnson, Kyle (practice squad guy, out 2003)

It will be a dog fight for the last few positions. Ahmaad hadn't played since the 4th game in 2002 so he was pretty rusty. I don't think anyone in the Bronco's org will judge him from his NFL Europe play, but he'll have to play his way onto the team.

Comment

I said it before im gonna say it again they need to cut him and sapp right now there a waste dont even waste the reps on these clowns

Comment

How can he be a dissappointment? He was a 7th round pick.

Doesn't he look good?

Comment

He is a disappointment. I concluded all season that he simply was on a bad team, but after the way Ian Smart (of the Jets) played in the last game for the Claymores I'm convinced Galloway isn't too good. He doesn't really have much of a shot at making the team anyway with our running back situation...

RBs
                  - Q Griffin
                  - Tatum Bell
                  - Mike Anderson (he is still a RB, but he can play FB too)
                  - Santonio Beard (he's looked pretty good so far, at least better than Sapp and Galloway)
                  - Garrison Hearst (he'll add quality carries and experience)

FBs
                  - Reuben Droughns (starting fullback)
                  - Brandon Miree (looks more promising as a fullback, but still promising)
                  - Patrick Hape (your standard TE/H-back/FB combo)

That is already 8 of 53 roster spots taken just for RBs. Galloway and Sapp don't have much of a chance.
                  “One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain” ~Thomas Sowell

2008 Draft: my grade --> A-

Comment

to be honest i think you guys are being a bit tough on the guy, saying he's a disapointment due to his rushing stats in europe is unfair. Living in the UK i saw a fair bit of claymore games and to be fair that O line STUNK!! ok so a few of the other rushers had better numbers but as an all round rb he was the best they had in my opinion. The guy blocked well and was 4th in total receptions on the team.
                    If you also add in the fact he was returning from a serious injury, i personally think you need to give the guy a break at least until training camp, then he has to prove himself.

Comment

All I have to say is that if your name is on the current roster then he should get a chance to prove himself. The best Players will make the team, the rest will have to look for another spot on another team. Anyway, despite what you say about the guy you know you hope that he proves you wrong and becomes a good player on this team. Anyway that he can help this team will be a plus.

Comment

Galloway will be an afterthougt. I went to great seminar this weekend at Fan Fair with Bobby Turner(Running Backs Coach) and Quentin and Mike Anderson and Garrison Hearst. I had heard of Turner, but not much. He was great and has been in the NFL for 35 years. Anyway he said Q was listed as #1 on the charts now. But he did say Mike, Terrell, Orlandis and Clinton were all low on the charts until spring training. Garrsion was very talkitive and seemed to think he had a lot of running left in him. I see it as a real fight in training camp with a lot of movement on the charts. I think Q will start the season and spelled by Garrison. Then as the season moves on I think Bell will end up #1. But heh, if I was that good on predicting I would be rich ; )
                        Bronco Bob

Comment

He sucks. we should cut him.

Comment

Originally posted by 26C.Portis
                            I said it before im gonna say it again they need to cut him and sapp right now there a waste dont even waste the reps on these clowns
                            That was a sad uneducated post. We will not cut them right now. It would be ridiculous to do so. Especially with Galloway getting reps in Europe. No team is going to cut a player they sent over to Europe, at least until the guy gets a shot in camp. I think he may eventually get cut and Sapp probably as well but the whole idea is to spur competition. The team will take a look at these guys. They cost almost nothing in dollars and absolutely nothing against the cap so why cut them? I don't understand your reasoning at all. BTW the reps will go to the big three anyway. these guys will get mop up time and side chances. We just want to make sure we give the guys a chance and that we have taken a good look. You don't want to cut a guy that could develop into a star. I don't believe either of these guys will but if we believed enough in them to sign them then we need to take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by bfallona
                              Anyway he said Q was listed as #1 on the charts now. But he did say Mike, Terrell, Orlandis and Clinton were all low on the charts until spring training.
                              Spring training? lol

Doesn't he look good?

Comment

Working...
                              X