Broncos Chances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Chances

I believe the broncos have a good chance to win the division and make it back to the AFC Championship game this year.

They havent lost much from last year that will hurt them, Al Wilson is a big lost but he may not even be able to play this year, and the lost of Tatum Bell wont hurt either with Travis Henry coming in who will fit perfect in the broncos offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos055
      I believe the broncos have a good chance to win the division and make it back to the AFC Championship game this year.

We're always in the race to win the division! With the addiditons we have made this offseason, I think this will be an interesting and very exciting season!

Go Broncos!!

Comment

well we own the pats, the ravens are overrated imo, that leaves the bungholes who will be tuff, and the colts who are equally tough, yes i think we can take this year by the balls!!
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Do not be upset if this is indeed a rebuilding year.

Lots of changes on this team, there are hardly 2 players on it that will be playing next to the guy next to him at the end of game in SFO.

Having talent and getting all of that talent on the same page week after week is another story.

New Defensive scheme?

Major games in the first 6-8 weeks.

This could be easily be an 8-8 year.
          Last edited by JRWIZ; 07-05-2007, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ

Lot so fo changes on this team hardly 2 players on it taht will be playing next to the guy next to him at the end of game in SFO.

Major games inthe first 6-8 weeks. This could be easily be an 8-8 year.
            I agree that 8-8 is definitely possible. On paper the Broncos are set to bring a third Lombardi to Denver. HOWEVER, the intangibles of so much turnover in personnel wars against the strengths showing up on paper. I don't think a lot of people realize how important it is for people to actually play together for success to follow.

Don't get me wrong, I am practically buzzing with excitement to see this year start; but I'm not expecting them to win the division let alone make the playoffs. In our first five games we have JAcksonville, Indi and SD - all strong teams in the recent past. We could easily hit our bye week with a losing record and start scrambling for a wild card the rest of the year.

I can just see all the hate pouring into these boards if that were to happen. As for me? I'll be cheering just as loudly as if they were 5-0 going into Pittsburgh.

Comment

I don't see this as being a rebuilding year at all. I think the Chiefs are in a rebuilding season. A team that doesn't have many skill positions filled.

I think this team has more talent than we've had since the SB years. I think our chances are good to do well, and would expect nothing less than another 10 win season.

Having upgraded at all the skill positions on offense, and upgraded our defense in not only personnel, but in coaching... I don't think we could expect a mediocre season. Things happen, and its easy to predict the worst, and hope for the best...but I just don't think that is what this team is built for.

We didn't invest in RBs, TEs, CB, DL, WRs and LBs just to 'rebuild' for the '08 season. I think in the age of FA.. there are 'rebuilding' years. Teams can't afford it. EVERY season is for the NOW.

The Broncos have never scored fewer points in the Shanahan era than they did last season. Shanahan is revamping the offense to SCORE. More weapons, and retooling the defense so that Cutler doesn't have to score 30 pts to win. This team IS built to win. We ARE talented at all the positions, and have won with MUCH less talent than we have now.

I'm normally one that doesn't let my expectations rise too high as far as the season goes. But this year I'm PUMPED to see our team.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ

Lots of changes on this team, there are hardly 2 players on it that will be playing next to the guy next to him at the end of game in SFO.

Having talent and getting all of that talent on the same page week after week is another story.

New Defensive scheme?

Major games in the first 6-8 weeks.

This could be easily be an 8-8 year.
                Right on.........

With all the changes, and a quarterback that has very little nfl experience.....this team is going to need time to play together, and become a TEAM...hopefully they will be on the same page as the season goes on.....but 8 wins.....may even be a stretch.
                My 3 favorite teams:
                1.The Denver Broncos
                2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
                3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                  I don't see this as being a rebuilding year at all. I think the Chiefs are in a rebuilding season. A team that doesn't have many skill positions filled.

I think this team has more talent than we've had since the SB years. I think our chances are good to do well, and would expect nothing less than another 10 win season.

Having upgraded at all the skill positions on offense, and upgraded our defense in not only personnel, but in coaching... I don't think we could expect a mediocre season. Things happen, and its easy to predict the worst, and hope for the best...but I just don't think that is what this team is built for.

We didn't invest in RBs, TEs, CB, DL, WRs and LBs just to 'rebuild' for the '08 season. I think in the age of FA.. there are 'rebuilding' years. Teams can't afford it. EVERY season is for the NOW.

The Broncos have never scored fewer points in the Shanahan era than they did last season. Shanahan is revamping the offense to SCORE. More weapons, and retooling the defense so that Cutler doesn't have to score 30 pts to win. This team IS built to win. We ARE talented at all the positions, and have won with MUCH less talent than we have now.

I'm normally one that doesn't let my expectations rise too high as far as the season goes. But this year I'm PUMPED to see our team.
                  Agreed. I haven't been this excited about our talent level since John's last year. I will be devastated if we go 8-8 this year. I do not know if we are in the elite of the AFC (could be, but too many questions at the moment), but I will be disappointed with anything less than a playoff appearance and one win in the playoffs. That said, next year (08 season) is the real test of Cutler and this team. Less than an AFC championship game appearance that year will disappoint me.

Comment

I am very excited about the amount of talent that we brought in, but we have a new defensive cordinator, a inexperienced QB, and Brandon Marshall hasn't proved he is a consistent target.

My hopes are high, as always, but i think the year following this one is the one whe we will hoist the Lombardi.

Made by BroncoManiac53

Comment

Originally posted by TheGlue Factory
                      I agree that 8-8 is definitely possible. On paper the Broncos are set to bring a third Lombardi to Denver. HOWEVER, the intangibles of so much turnover in personnel wars against the strengths showing up on paper. I don't think a lot of people realize how important it is for people to actually play together for success to follow.

Don't get me wrong, I am practically buzzing with excitement to see this year start; but I'm not expecting them to win the division let alone make the playoffs. In our first five games we have JAcksonville, Indi and SD - all strong teams in the recent past. We could easily hit our bye week with a losing record and start scrambling for a wild card the rest of the year.

I can just see all the hate pouring into these boards if that were to happen. As for me? I'll be cheering just as loudly as if they were 5-0 going into Pittsburgh.
                      Jacksonville was not good last year. Indy has lost too much on defense they're offense must carry them. SD is the only threat I see out of these three but if injuries strike... SD could be screwed. I just hope Pittsburgh doesn't return to its old form.
                      Rest in peace Darrent Williams and Damien Nash. I will never let your memories die. You will never be forgotten.

John Lynch is one of the best safeties in the NFL so don't even say he needs to be replaced. He hasn't been to eight Pro Bowls cause he isn't very good. So for those of you who doubt him, stay out of CO...

SUPPORT THE TROOPS. They are risking their lives to protect our way of life and the freedoms we take for granted.

Comment

Right, Pittsburgh still has a very good team with a healthy Roethlisberger.
                        I have a feeling the standings in the AFC are going to be very tight once again this year.

Made by BroncoManiac53

Comment

Originally posted by SS #38
                          Jacksonville was not good last year. Indy has lost too much on defense they're offense must carry them. SD is the only threat I see out of these three but if injuries strike... SD could be screwed. I just hope Pittsburgh doesn't return to its old form.
                          I agree about Jacksonville. Although they are a decent team, I don't know why people keep including them as this "huge challenge" since they have been nothing more than mediocre at BEST the last number of years.

But INdy has always just had their offense, and have always whipped us. So until we prove that we can actually beat them in a game (other than one that didn't matter to them at all), then they are VERY VERY much a threat. They are the defending SB Champions, and have the best QB in the league at their helm.

I feel less threatened by the Chargers, than I do by the Colts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!

While it is great they have made so many changes you ignore all of the potential problems here.

Except for OC and OLG/QB who else played next to the same guy on offense last year. While they are all in most cases upgrades it is a team sport and in DEN in particular a finesse team. Which means the RT must trust the ORG must almost anticipate their moves, almost their thought process.

New to the unit
                            Grahman
                            The other TE
                            #2 and 3 WR.
                            RB and maybe even FB.

Rav the only constants on the team were cutler, nalen, walker, scheffler and OLG and maybe Kyle. and frankly five games does not make it to be comfortable, knowing how your going to react in each given pass rush, blitz.

Get the picture.

If we were only swapping out a RB or #2 WR that is one thing for a finesse team.

Couple this with a completely new Defensive scheme and again the only guys that played together at the end of the season and I'll repeat in a different scheme is Champ, gold, John and maybe warren/eckuban.

While lots of the rest of them have played before most ended the season playing a diiferent position or injured, mostly coming off of surgery.

Is it rebuilding? Of course it is, when you add the numbers of new bodies and schemes you can not with a clear mind say anything else but it is.

Can they win it all of course but the odds are remotely small that they will.

Comment

It sounds like the team needs to have lots of early camps and work together quite a bit, read lots of tapes and come out and have a good camp.

I think we'll know more about how this team gels once they start training camp in a few weeks. From the reports we've all seen, this team has been working hard on what it needs to do to gel.

I think we have a shot, but I always think we do.

One thing we also need to keep in mind: the other elite teams in the AFC have also undergone major changes.
                              1. The Chargers have a new coaching staff, but same players.
                              2. Indy lost a lot of players on the D side of the ball, but they still have Peyton and Co. on the offense.
                              3. NE added a BUNCH of new WR to the lot. And while they are good in their own right, they also need time to gel and get with the scheme.
                              4. Pitt has a new coach for the first time in over a decade, but they still have Ben and Willie Parker, and heck of a good O-line.

You have to expect teams to grow and change over the off-season, and to come out better on the other side. Heck, the only teams they talked about on NFLN Total Access last night were the teams in the NFC East and the Patriots! How the Patriots made all these changes, and now were expected to take it to the house. No one mentioned all the changes in Denver, and they have been signifcant.

In this era of Free Agency, players are expected to come in and contribute right away. They are experts at what they do-one of the reasons they get paid millions and millions of dollars. The coaches are also the best at what they do, and Shanny will instill in that locker room-like he does every year-that anything less than a SB is not a good season.

We have a mix of good FA, Veterens, rookies and second year players, along with some exellent leaders in the lockerroom and on the field for me to even think we will be medicore this season. I expect us to compete with the likes of Pittsburgh, Indy, the Cargers and Patsies. And I think thats what everyone in the locker room expects of themselves.

GO BRONCOS!
                              sigpic
                              Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                              -Sean Payton

Comment

Working...
                              X