Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncophan
    Right on.........

With all the changes, and a quarterback that has very little nfl experience.....this team is going to need time to play together, and become a TEAM...hopefully they will be on the same page as the season goes on.....but 8 wins.....may even be a stretch.

Look at the beginning of the schedule it is brutal.

Denver at Buffalo 1:00 pm
    Oakland at Denver 4:15 pm
    Jacksonville at Denver 4:05 pm
    Denver at Indianapolis 4:15 pm
    San Diego at Denver 4:15 pm
    Off
    Pittsburgh at Denver 8:15 pm
    Green Bay at Denver 8:30 pm MNF
    Denver at Detroit 1:00 pm

DEN could very well be 1-4 going into the week off. Pit Game is not a cinch

Remember DEN has not played well in the first game.
    Remember DEN has not played well on prime time
    Remember DEN has not played well early games on the east coast.
    Oakland is always a dogfight.

This next one is not a gimme
    Denver at KC 1:00 pm

get a bit easier until CHI

Tennessee at Denver 8:30 pm
    Denver at Chicago 1:00 pm
    Denver at Oakland 4:05 pm
    Kansas City at Denver 4:15 pm

then SB a gimme

Denver at Houston 8:15 pm

Denver at San Diego 8:00 pm MNF

Minnesota at Denver 4:15 pm

Lots of tough teams and venues here 8-8 is real possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ

Off

then SB a gimme

So when does Denver play well? I think that is one of the reasons we got some many players...is to play better than we have!

And just because we have come out these last two seasons and lost the first game, does not mean that will happen a 3rd time. There are no easy teams in the NFL.
      We have different players now than in past seasons...and the main reason for losing those opening games is gone now, too.
      I dont see us going 1-4 before the bye. I just dont.
      But thats me
      sigpic
      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
      -Sean Payton

Comment

I see us 13-3 this season at the least 12-4.
        Wow, manning has us soaring to new heights.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN
          So when does Denver play well? I think that is one of the reasons we got some many players...is to play better than we have!

And just because we have come out these last two seasons and lost the first game, does not mean that will happen a 3rd time. There are no easy teams in the NFL.
          We have different players now than in past seasons...and the main reason for losing those opening games is gone now, too.
          I dont see us going 1-4 before the bye. I just dont.
          But thats me

Yes indeed coyer is gone and not a moment to soon

But when you have massive personnel changes in a finesse team they are not going to beinsync right up front, it is gong to take several games As I said coming out of break we very well maybe 1-4 after that they (cutler and crew) will have had almost a full season under their belts.

Remember he has not had anyone to really throw to but Brandon, walker and graham this off season. With scheffler, Rod and stokely out our most likely

These thing need timing on both sides of the fence that is not going to happen until later in the season at least for consistency sake . Could this team go 17-0 sure thing but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to sync.

Comment

1 Sun Sep. 9 at Buffalo/ Loss

2 Sun Sep.16 vs. Oakland/ win

3 Sun Sep.23 vs. Jacksonville/ loss

4 Sun Sep.30 at Indianapolis/ win

5 Sun Oct. 7 vs. San Diego/ loss

6 vs. BYE WEEK

7 Sun Oct.21 vs. Pittsburgh/ win

8 Mon Oct.29 vs. Green Bay/ win

9 Sun Nov. 4 at Detroit/ win

10 Sun Nov.11 at Kansas City/ loss

11 Mon Nov.19 vs. Tennessee/ win

12 Sun Nov.25 at Chicago Soldier/ win

13 Sun Dec. 2 at Oakland/ win

14 Sun Dec. 9 vs. Kansas City/ win

15 Thu Dec.13 at Houston/ win

16 Mon Dec.24 at San Diego/ win

17 Sun Dec.30 vs. Minnesota/ win
            Wow, manning has us soaring to new heights.

Comment

Originally posted by Juggernaught
              1 Sun Sep. 9 at Buffalo/ Loss

2 Sun Sep.16 vs. Oakland/ win

3 Sun Sep.23 vs. Jacksonville/ loss

4 Sun Sep.30 at Indianapolis/ win loss

5 Sun Oct. 7 vs. San Diego/ loss

6 vs. BYE WEEK

7 Sun Oct.21 vs. Pittsburgh/ win loss

8 Mon Oct.29 vs. Green Bay/ win

9 Sun Nov. 4 at Detroit/ win

10 Sun Nov.11 at Kansas City/ loss

11 Mon Nov.19 vs. Tennessee/ win

12 Sun Nov.25 at Chicago Soldier/ win loss

13 Sun Dec. 2 at Oakland/ win

14 Sun Dec. 9 vs. Kansas City/ win

15 Thu Dec.13 at Houston/ win

16 Mon Dec.24 at San Diego/ win loss

17 Sun Dec.30 vs. Minnesota/ win
              So you think 12-5?

See how 4 games change it to 8-8. All game we could eaisly lose.
              Last edited by JRWIZ; 07-05-2007, 01:52 PM.

Comment

So you think 12-5?

See how 4 games change it to 8-8. All game we could eaisly lose.
                We don't care what could happen, he was stating what will happen.

Comment

Yes indeed coyer is gone and not a moment to soon

But when you have massive personnel changes in a finesse team they are not going to beinsync right up front, it is gong to take several games As I said coming out of break we very well maybe 1-4 after that they (cutler and crew) will have had almost a full season under their belts.

Remember he has not had anyone to really throw to but Brandon, walker and graham this off season. With scheffler, Rod and stokely out our most likely

These thing need timing on both sides of the fence that is not going to happen until later in the season at least for consistency sake . Could this team go 17-0 sure thing but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to sync.
                  You make some good points. However, Denver is not the only team that has undergone massive changes in the off-season. Teams we face in our own division have made some huge changes, and I think that levels the playing field quite a bit.

It not like we are the only team to go out and grab FA this year. One of the few to hit it as hard as we have is New England...and they will take time to gel, too.

These game in the beginning of the season are tough, because of the timing needed to gel and get in rythem. Cutler has that with some players already, and more will develop as the season progresses.

The games in the beginning of the year I think will come down more to coaching and brillant game planning, on the chalkboard as well as on the field. And Shanny has proven that he can beat all the coaches in the games we have (except Dungy and Indy) in the beginning of the year.

It will be interesting to see how it all develops. Man, I am SO ready for the season to start. Bring it on!
                  sigpic
                  Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                  -Sean Payton

Comment

oh, there is a ton of gelling that needs to be done.

no doubt about it, but the speed and importance of it are not a dire need.

recievers- yes need to gel, walker=money we know he and jay can hook it up. marshall-been working with jay all offseason + the 5 games last year, sure there might be a few hiccups, but nothing that will break us. other wr, doesnt matter. rod is a vet, stokes is a vet, and how often does #3see the ball? ask kircus like 20 times, not much.

te- yeah they are new, so what, grahm runs good routes, and usually our te runs pretty short routes, so timing and accuracy will be less of a concern since the distance the ball has to go is minimal.

rb- he might need to gel a touch, just to anticipate some holes our guys might open up, but if the tbell can get 1000+ yards and rookie can kick ass- Henry is golden!

that leaves jay, we can only speculate, but he has looked good, henry will extend our drives last year, catch the ball out of the backfield....jay will have an easy life of dodging defenders and making sure he throws accurately-outlook very good!

defense:
                    line-we plug in new people at new positions every year, berry,pryce,elvis,taanuvasa,traylor,myers,ekuban,w arren,veal....etc there is no way were are worse than last year. NO possible way. which means with good playcalling (hopefully from bates) we can really push the pile---gel factor moderate

corners, bly, new but good, he is a big boy and can handle himself, we still got foxy and paymah if he starts suckin

lb's- new change, most feel that dj will be better and gold should also do better with a better line in front- gel factor-major----possibility----good as all our lbs are very talented

saftey- same guys as last year no problem there. so as i see it, as long as the lbs play up to par, the rest will take care of itself, and be majorly improved.

8-8 is possible but its more possible that we go 11-5. i think we see 12-4
                    So far:
                    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by Juggernaught
                      I see us 13-3 this season at the least 12-4.
                      we'll find ways to lose the games we should win. believe me. 10 wins seems more likely. 11 at most

Comment

Actually, Indy...

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                        I agree about Jacksonville. Although they are a decent team, I don't know why people keep including them as this "huge challenge" since they have been nothing more than mediocre at BEST the last number of years.

But INdy has always just had their offense, and have always whipped us. So until we prove that we can actually beat them in a game (other than one that didn't matter to them at all), then they are VERY VERY much a threat. They are the defending SB Champions, and have the best QB in the league at their helm.

I feel less threatened by the Chargers, than I do by the Colts.
                        ...doesn't always whip us. They beat us by 3 points at the end of the game last year (I was there and watched how well we did against them). Both teams defenses couldn't stop the other. The two years in a row that they knocked us out of the playoffs, we beat their a__ a week or two before that. They have a pass first offense which always gets more notice but their defense is weak at best. Our offense played great run first against them and they couldn't stop our run any more than we could stop their passing game. We are on the same level as they are, they just get more attention as passing teams usually do (dare I say Marino here). If we get back to our run first attitude that we lacked last year with our pass happy coach who did not have a pass first QB (what was Shanny thinking) because we had Walker, we will do just fine.

As for Jax, they can be tough at times but just need a great QB and a little more on offense instead of concentrating so much on defense all of the time. Maurice Jones-Drew made their offense much better last year and I'm curious to see how they do once Leftwich is dumped at the end of the year...

As for SD, I just hope we beat their a__, lol.
                        Be jealous haters...I am the #1 Broncos fan no matter what your car tag says

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN
                          You make some good points. However, Denver is not the only team that has undergone massive changes in the off-season. Teams we face in our own division have made some huge changes, and I think that levels the playing field quite a bit.

It not like we are the only team to go out and grab FA this year. One of the few to hit it as hard as we have is New England...and they will take time to gel, too.

These game in the beginning of the season are tough, because of the timing needed to gel and get in rythem. Cutler has that with some players already, and more will develop as the season progresses.

The games in the beginning of the year I think will come down more to coaching and brillant game planning, on the chalkboard as well as on the field. And Shanny has proven that he can beat all the coaches in the games we have (except Dungy and Indy) in the beginning of the year.

It will be interesting to see how it all develops. Man, I am SO ready for the season to start. Bring it on!
                          What do you not get? the critical part of this team is the oline and cutler has a relationship with whom Walker? Everyone else is on the mend and will not get rep until TC if then.

SAN gone massive change? what coaches if they are smart will not tamper much with the pieces.

KC gets a new QB the rest of the team does not count and frankly they are late enough in the schedule @ home that it still maybe a loss.

OAK still has one of the best Defenses in the league all their offense needs to do is score a couple of times.

Sory NO ONE has done as many pieces as we have. IMHO

Comment

i believe the offseason is too long and im sick of months of nothing new in the news...

sigpic

Comment

Off

then SB a gimme

I don't think the first part of that schedule's as tough as you do, though how long it will take all the new faces to gel is a real concern. No one knows what the Steelers will be like this year, and the Jags offense needs a lot of work. One thing that shouldn't be overlooked is while there are some decent teams there (and one or two good ones in SD and Pitt) 5/8 games are at home, and of the remainder, one's at Indy and the other two are at Buffalo and Detroit, both games we SHOULD win. We've had real trouble in our first game the last few years, but the home field advantage for Mile High is just about the best there is; visiting teams rarely win, and regardless of ones feelings on our recent QB controversy I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that both SD and Pitt managed to win here the last two years. I don't think either will this year.

The second half is a lot tougher, IMHO, and that's where will find out if this is a Super Bowl contender or another flash in the pan like last year:

AT Arrowhead (where even good Broncos teams usually lose)
                              A Tennessee team that has VY and little else,
                              AT the defending NFC Champs
                              AT Oakland
                              The rematch with KC
                              AT what I think is a better Texans team
                              AT SD
                              and brutalize the Vikings in Denver.

Personally, I'm more worried about the Bears than the Colts, but then I think the Colts D will be MIA even by their standards this year, while the Bears could be scary if they 1) put Griese in and 2) protected him (if you give him a pocket he's very dangerous). Apart from those games and the opener that's worrisome even though it shouldn't be the only real threat is in the division itself, but we'll have four chances to decide our own destiny against SD and KC. If Pitt's good again they'll be tough, but I don't think we win at home (who's the last team that beat Denver at Mile High twice in a row?)

The good news in terms of chemistry is that most of the new faces are here because their predecessors were so poor, so even if they don't play up to expectations immediately they should surpass the team that went 9-7 playing the second place AFC North, Ravens, Pats and six games against the West.
                              SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                                I don't see this as being a rebuilding year at all. I think the Chiefs are in a rebuilding season. A team that doesn't have many skill positions filled.

I think this team has more talent than we've had since the SB years. I think our chances are good to do well, and would expect nothing less than another 10 win season.

Having upgraded at all the skill positions on offense, and upgraded our defense in not only personnel, but in coaching... I don't think we could expect a mediocre season. Things happen, and its easy to predict the worst, and hope for the best...but I just don't think that is what this team is built for.

We didn't invest in RBs, TEs, CB, DL, WRs and LBs just to 'rebuild' for the '08 season. I think in the age of FA.. there are 'rebuilding' years. Teams can't afford it. EVERY season is for the NOW.

The Broncos have never scored fewer points in the Shanahan era than they did last season. Shanahan is revamping the offense to SCORE. More weapons, and retooling the defense so that Cutler doesn't have to score 30 pts to win. This team IS built to win. We ARE talented at all the positions, and have won with MUCH less talent than we have now.

I'm normally one that doesn't let my expectations rise too high as far as the season goes. But this year I'm PUMPED to see our team.
                                i defiantly agree with this, i think Brandon Marshall will be the surprise of the NFL and have a huge year going along with Javon Walker and in a couple of years some of the best tandems in the NFL and we know that the running game is gonna be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X