11 Mon Nov.19 vs. Tennessee/ win

12 Sun Nov.25 at Chicago Soldier/ win loss

13 Sun Dec. 2 at Oakland/ win

14 Sun Dec. 9 vs. Kansas City/ win

15 Thu Dec.13 at Houston/ win

16 Mon Dec.24 at San Diego/ win loss

17 Sun Dec.30 vs. Minnesota/ win
    win

11-5 i think proabably playoffs. Then they make there run for the Super Bowl BABY

Comment

I guess that's why they play the games on the field and not on paper!

It's not like Denver is the only team that has had changes. Buffalo has taken a huge step backwards (IMO), Oakland & SD's coaching staff has changed, not just Denver's, so I'm not sure why Denver would have such a huge time adjusting and not the other teams

The D-line is still my biggest concern, there are some new faces that will help, but don't expect the rookies to come in and light the world on fire right away. I'd like to see that, but am not expecting it. If they do progress quickly, and if Jay can make some quick strides, then look out!

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict

It's not like Denver is the only team that has had changes. Buffalo has taken a huge step backwards (IMO), Oakland & SD's coaching staff has changed, not just Denver's, so I'm not sure why Denver would have such a huge time adjusting and not the other teams

The D-line is still my biggest concern, there are some new faces that will help, but don't expect the rookies to come in and light the world on fire right away. I'd like to see that, but am not expecting it. If they do progress quickly, and if Jay can make some quick strides, then look out!
        A lot of people here seem to think that we are the only team to ever change in this league. It was like this all of last offseason as well. We did change a lot more that usual this year though.

I still think our division is really weak this year. The Raiders are, well, the Raiders. The Chiefs have taken many steps back and I don't think their offense is going to be near what it was, although thier defense might be improved. The Chargers have changed pretty much every coach on their staff. I really don't get why the same people are here saying that we will have to adjust because we got a new d-coordinator and then they say in another thread that the Chargers are so good.

Doesn't matter, I am very confident that we are taking the division this year. The rest of the division just hasn't learned the importance of good coaching. A college o-coordinator and two coaches that have had no success do not help these teams win. This is probably why none of them have been able to do much in the postseason for a long time. The Chargers made a huge mistake by firing their coach this offseason, especially when you look at who the replacement is.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos055
          i defiantly agree with this, i think Brandon Marshall will be the surprise of the NFL and have a huge year going along with Javon Walker and in a couple of years some of the best tandems in the NFL and we know that the running game is gonna be there.

Yet we have seen this phenomenon a couple of times before a second year WR that disappoints or does nothing, watts being the last one.

Look folks I hope I'm wrong with my thoughts but talking about winning the superbowl with so many new pieces of the puzzle makes no sense to me, YET!!

Now in 2008 with all the newbies having another year under their belts they could be really tough to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
            Yet we have seen this phenomenon a couple of times before a second year WR that disappoints or does nothing, watts being the last one.

Look folks I hope I'm wrong with my thoughts but talking about winning the superbowl with so many new pieces of the puzzle makes no sense to me, YET!!

Now in 2008 with all the newbies having another year under their belts they could be really tough to beat.

i do agree, but same goes for 8-8, makes no sense to me yet.
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict

Yet SAN is pretty much the same players as last year, and folks this is s good team, OAK has NO were but up to go. DEN has always played down the level of their competition and when you do that your more likely to lose it.
              OAK is or was last year one of the best defenses in the league. Having a new QB just might be the piece of the puzzle that makes this team tick, I doubt it but it could be another Vince Young story.

Everyone laughed at me calling to lose in SAN and being scared about the game in DEN. I knew taht Rivers being the new kid would be learning the system but since the game in SAN was so late I thought that he would have his rookie jitters out of the way. Little did anyone know, that he would come out of the gates running and that team would not look back until marty would lose ANOTHER playoff game.

Comment

8-8?

Please, that is disgusting.

First of all we will spend week one pounding buffalo, we are not going to give up the first game of the year this time around.

I think we have a very favorable schedule. Kansas City and Oakland are not strong this year. San Diego has new coaching staff.

After the Bye week the Broncos will go 9-2
                sigpic

Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
                  A lot of people here seem to think that we are the only team to ever change in this league. It was like this all of last offseason as well. We did change a lot more that usual this year though.

I still think our division is really weak this year. The Raiders are, well, the Raiders. The Chiefs have taken many steps back and I don't think their offense is going to be near what it was, although thier defense might be improved. The Chargers have changed pretty much every coach on their staff. I really don't get why the same people are here saying that we will have to adjust because we got a new d-coordinator and then they say in another thread that the Chargers are so good.

Doesn't matter, I am very confident that we are taking the division this year. The rest of the division just hasn't learned the importance of good coaching. A college o-coordinator and two coaches that have had no success do not help these teams win. This is probably why none of them have been able to do much in the postseason for a long time. The Chargers made a huge mistake by firing their coach this offseason, especially when you look at who the replacement is.
                  How many changes does SAN have on their defense or for that matter offense. Other than coaches this is one of the best group of players in the league. Do you really think the new guy is going make all that sweeping of changes in the play book. The only thing that was wrong with their team last year was the HEAD coach.

Whereas we completely changed the DC DL coaches.

Basically gutted the DL with perhaps Warren, ekuban and maybe Lang staying. the all pro MLB is gone, having a new kid making the calls. No offense but this unit has had some major changes.

KC has had a change at QB the rest of the cast I think is pretty much intact.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishConrad
                    Please, that is disgusting.

First of all we will spend week one pounding buffalo, we are not going to give up the first game of the year this time around.

I think we have a very favorable schedule. Kansas City and Oakland are not strong this year. San Diego has new coaching staff.

After the Bye week the Broncos will go 9-2
                    You my friend,have had to much guiness.

Comment

OAK is or was last year one of the best defenses in the league.
                      This statement always gets to me. Do people just not look at anything other than total yards ever?

I am hopeing that everyone knows that Oakland is bad. Now you throw in just how bad there offense was and then look at what other teams did against them. 90% of the time, teams where running out the clock on them. If their offense could score, that wouldn't have been happening and won't happen this season if their offense is good.

Go look at the number of attempts on their defense. They had by far the fewest passes thrown on them and people think because they had the least total yards that they are the top pass defense. They are middle of the league in yards per attempt on both run and pass. Other than the total yards, they are not in the top of the league for anything else on defense.

This is why I hate stats and people that only go by them to make their judgments.

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29
                        i do agree, but same goes for 8-8, makes no sense to me yet.
                        This is a base number depending on how fast this team gels it could very well be, 12-4.

After training camp we will know a lot more.

Comment

How many changes does SAN have on their defense or for that matter offense. Other than coaches this is one of the best group of players in the league. Do you really think the new guy is going make all that sweeping of changes in the play book. The only thing that was wrong with their team last year was the HEAD coach.

Whereas we completely changed the DC DL coaches.

Basically gutted the DL with perhaps Warren, ekuban and maybe Lang staying. the all pro MLB is gone, having a new kid making the calls. No offense but this unit has had some major changes.

KC has had a change at QB the rest of the cast I think is pretty much intact.
                          Umm, they changed their head coach, BOTH coordinators, and some positional coaches. Now look who they switched to for head coach. Turner doesn't exactly make me scared of the Chargers. At least their last coach took them from the worst team in the league to one of the best while he was there.

No team wins on talent alone. There have been LOTS of very talented teams that do not win a thing. There is a reason for that and that reason is Norv Turner (or bad coaching).

So how does us losing a coordinator and a couple positional coaches make us all of the sudden not able to do anything while they change thier ENTIRE staff and they are still good to go.... Makes sense to me!

Comment

Oh and by the way JR, we upgraded our d-coordinator and d-line coaches. San Diego took a large step backwards at every coaching spot.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
                              This statement always gets to me. Do people just not look at anything other than total yards ever?

I am hopeing that everyone knows that Oakland is bad. Now you throw in just how bad there offense was and then look at what other teams did against them. 90% of the time, teams where running out the clock on them. If their offense could score, that wouldn't have been happening and won't happen this season if their offense is good.

Go look at the number of attempts on their defense. They had by far the fewest passes thrown on them and people think because they had the least total yards that they are the top pass defense. They are middle of the league in yards per attempt on both run and pass. Other than the total yards, they are not in the top of the league for anything else on defense.

This is why I hate stats and people that only go by them to make their judgments.
                              I watched their stats almost all year and the passing numbers did not vary a bunch from game one on.

It was the offense and HC that was the problem. If stupid al will leave this coach alone this offense can only get better and cause alot of folks problems do I think they are going to be a 8-8 team, not by a long shot but they will win a few they should not and those they lose will be closer.

Comment

I watched their stats almost all year and the passing numbers did not vary a bunch from game one on.

It was the offense and HC that was the problem. If stupid al will leave this coach alone this offense can only get better and cause alot of folks problems do I think they are going to be a 8-8 team, not by a long shot but they will win a few they should not and those they lose will be closer.
                                I wasn't commenting on how good I think they will be. I was just stating that their defense was mediocre last year and people overlook that because they only look at total yards allowed. Well, teams didn't exactly have to rack up the yards on them when they didn't ever score.

Comment

Working...
                                X