Broncos Chances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhns
    So how does us losing a coordinator and a couple positional coaches make us all of the sudden not able to do anything while they change thier ENTIRE staff and they are still good to go.... Makes sense to me!
    ENTIRE coaching staff. No. They did change HC and DC.

The Chargers OC(Shelmon) was their running backs coach last year. Also Norv Turner will be doing all the play calling.

Norv Turner was the person that installed the Offense. No huge changes.

Ted Cottrell(DC) was the DC for wade phillips in Buffalo. Will run the same Defense.

The players will need to adjust to new men at the head positions but it is not like the Chargers are going from a 3-4 to a 4-3. Or switching to a west coast offense.

Comment

With upgrades at RB (huge), TE, WR (depth) DL & DE (will take time to develop), CB (D Wills RIP, but Bly is a perfect complement to Bailey) and QB, and with KC taking a step back, SD's coaching staff in upheaval, I don't see how the Broncos don't increase the win total over last year. Injuries, etc, maybe.

Not to mention a more attacking defense, an offense that will hopefully stay on the field a bit longer, long clock eating drives featuring Henry, I don't see how anyone would think that the Broncos will take a step back this year.

There are new faces, but most of them are upgrades. Scheffler will still be here, as well as Bailey, DJ Williams, Smith, Walker, etc. With all the changes in the division, the AFC
      West is up for grabs, and I would not bet against Shanahan.

And one can NEVER have too much Guiness.

Comment

Oh and by the way JR, we upgraded our d-coordinator and d-line coaches. San Diego took a large step backwards at every coaching spot.
        Not necessary @ the HC position.

They still have their team back pretty much intact.

Comment

Originally posted by naf_tlob
          ENTIRE coaching staff. No. They did change HC and DC.

The Chargers OC(Shelmon) was their running backs coach last year. Also Norv Turner will be doing all the play calling.

Norv Turner was the person that installed the Offense. No huge changes.

Ted Cottrell(DC) was the DC for wade phillips in Buffalo. Will run the same Defense.

The players will need to adjust to new men at the head positions but it is not like the Chargers are going from a 3-4 to a 4-3. Or switching to a west coast offense.
          They also changed their o-coordinator, in that they LOST their o-coordinator and replaced him.... Our d-coordinator was already coaching ont his team so does that mean we really didn't replace him? Bates is assistant head coach defense so we really didn't change anything if that is your theory....

Coaches are huge in this league and when you lose all of them and downgrade at every spot, you are not the same team.

Now don't make me start pulling out Norv Turner stats on his head coaching. At least before they had a coach that made them a good team. Now they have a head coach that will undo all of that. Gotta love the rest of the west and their complete lack of knowledge on how to run an organization. Makes me proud to be a Bronco fan.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ

Have to disagree, JR. Seems to me SD fell a long way at HC.

A lot has been said about Schotty's choking in playoffs, but he has gotten teams
            to the playoffs many times. How far the team goes in the playoffs depends more on
            what the players do than the coaches. But I don't know how you can upgrade over
            a 14-2 coach. I think SD made a dreadful mistake, and I'm just thrilled about it.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ

They took a huge step back at the HC. Their previous one took them from worst team in the league to one of the top contenders. His team losses a playoff game on a lot of flukes and all of the sudden he sucks and is a horrible head coach. Then he is fired and they hire a guy that has done nothing but help keep bad teams horrible.

Comment

They also changed their o-coordinator, in that they LOST their o-coordinator and replaced him.... Our d-coordinator was already coaching ont his team so does that mean we really didn't replace him? Bates is assistant head coach defense so we really didn't change anything if that is your theory....

Coaches are huge in this league and when you lose all of them and downgrade at every spot, you are not the same team.

Now don't make me start pulling out Norv Turner stats on his head coaching. At least before they had a coach that made them a good team. Now they have a head coach that will undo all of that. Gotta love the rest of the west and their complete lack of knowledge on how to run an organization. Makes me proud to be a Bronco fan.
                Did Marty having anything to do with game planning last year in SD?

Did Marty make any playcalls last year on offense and defense?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishConrad
                  Please, that is disgusting.

First of all we will spend week one pounding buffalo, we are not going to give up the first game of the year this time around.

I think we have a very favorable schedule. Kansas City and Oakland are not strong this year. San Diego has new coaching staff.

After the Bye week the Broncos will go 9-2
                  I agree--Shanahan has got to be sick of losing the first game of the season. Wouldn't surprise me if we really ripped the Billies apart.

Comment

I believe.

Comment

Did Marty having anything to do with game planning last year in SD?

Did Marty make any playcalls last year on offense and defense?
                      If he didn't, then why are you blaming him for your playoff losses???

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe

A lot has been said about Schotty's choking in playoffs, but he has gotten teams
                        to the playoffs many times. How far the team goes in the playoffs depends more on
                        a 14-2 coach. I think SD made a dreadful mistake, and I'm just thrilled about it.

-----
                        So now its all about the players and not the coach. But before its about the coach and not the players.

Which one is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                          If he didn't, then why are you blaming him for your playoff losses???

I never did. And I never will.

But his balls shrink up pretty good in the playoffs and that flows down when he is the one with the title of HC.

I was making that comment from people thinking it is going to be such a big thing losing marty. He did not run our D or O.

Comment

So now its all about the players and not the coach. But before its about the coach and not the players.

Which one is it?
                            I always did hold up for Schottenheimer. Always did. Never did say a negative thing
                            about him. Ever since his firing, I have criticized the Chargers FO for that, saying they
                            made a terrible mistake. Therefore, you are either flaming or you don't read very well.

So check your (negative) CPs.

-----
                            Last edited by topscribe; 07-06-2007, 10:25 AM.

Comment

8-8! Sorry I do not see this happening. Everyone is giving Jay the "Oh he's a second year QB, don't expect much."

One name Comes to mind Roethlisberger, this guy is IMO is a horrible QB (ok horrible is a little harsh mediocre at best), some might say, it was the team around him that brought them to a Super Bowl win. He was a second year QB and aside from them having the #1 defense that year (and they say defense wins championships), the Steelers dis not have near the weapons that we have on offense this year.

So I guess the true question is, how well our defense plays. If Cutler can just get by like Roethlisberger did the year they won the Super Bowl, I think we have a good chance of exceeding everyones expectations. And if my memory serves me correctly, I think the Steelers barely squeezed into the playoffs that year.

Cutler will have his mistakes but not as many as a certain QB that started for us last season, I wont mention any names. Cutler is a big step up considering what we had going into the season last year! And I think it's safe to say that everyone is happy with a new look at the helm.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe

-----
                                so am i. they played the patriots really close in the playoffs, which is when the patriots are at their best. and they lost because kaeding couldn't make a fieldgoal from anywhere. schottenheimer didn't choke at all. i was actually getting nervous, if he had another year i think he would get his team far into the playoffs

Comment

Working...
                                X