says the Main Page

Just a reminder

Already did.

Comment

Re: Do not forget

Originally posted by dan_marino
      Vote for Mike Shanahan as the Staples NFL Coach of the Year
      Surely you jest ...
      Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

I guess nobody said you had to believe it when you voted.

I still like Shanny but this would not be a year to pick him as one of the top coaches. Now, if he can salvage the rest of the season I might change my mind.

I really wish they wouldn't starting collecting votes for this and the Pro Bowl until the regular season was over. Too much can still happen to change the season's outlook.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

hey

horseface, i was just trying to bring in some humor and cheer up the fans. Did not intend to hurt anyone's feelings. Just found it funny that they have it posted on the main Broncos Web site reminding fans to vote for Shanahan as "Coach of the year"

Seriously, my vote goes for the Patriots coach for their wins inspite of all the injuries they suffered.

Comment

yaeh

yaeh

Comment

My vote goes to Bill Parcells. Last year what was the Cowboys record, I think it was 5-11. Now there 8-3 I believe.

Comment

Re: Re: Do not forget

Originally posted by horseface
                you're not serious. Shanahan has proven to be a top tier coach in the past...but "this year" his name is an insult to all other candidates that have coached a great season thus far. Shanny's good, but this year is not my basis for saying that.
                yeah, how dare you support the broncos.
                sigpic
                go broncos
                share the sidewalk
                liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

I think you have to go with Marvin Lewis. Not just because they have won a few games, but he has instilled a winning attitude in an organization that hasn't had one in a long time. As far as Parcells goes, he is doing a great job, but if you think back, even the past few years when Dallas was terrible, they still had a good defense. He has done a better job with the offense, but I don't think it's enough to get him CoY.
                  "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

Your nuts

Comment

Marvin Lewis, Bill Parcells, Bill Belichek...all great choices. Even that Vermeil guy should get consideration. Sorry. Shanahan doesn't deserve it this year.
                      Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Denverdraw
                        Your nuts

What is nuts about that? I can't think of a better candidate. I don't think you can vote for Vermeil because of the talent he has to work with. Besides, he should be disqualified for crying! Just kidding Chiefs fans!!!!!! He has done a nice job.
                        "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

Comment

Originally posted by spikerman
                          I don't think you can vote for Vermeil because of the talent he has to work with.
                          Sorry to say something nice about the Chiefs again but the Chiefs don't have a lot of superstars on their team and yet Vermeil has done a really good job of creating a team in Kansas City. And I think that's more admirable than a bunch individual stars whining about not getting the ball enough.

(Note to Chiefs fans: I'm not giving a back-handed compliment here. I think the Chiefs have a lot of really good players but Holmes is the only one I personally think of as superstar level, and maybe Gonzalez. Oh, and Dante but he's on special teams so he's kind of a second-tier superstar.)
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                            Sorry to say something nice about the Chiefs again but the Chiefs don't have a lot of superstars on their team and yet Vermeil has done a really good job of creating a team in Kansas City. And I think that's more admirable than a bunch individual stars whining about not getting the ball enough.

(Note to Chiefs fans: I'm not giving a back-handed compliment here. I think the Chiefs have a lot of really good players but Holmes is the only one I personally think of as superstar level, and maybe Gonzalez. Oh, and Dante but he's on special teams so he's kind of a second-tier superstar.)
                            Don't forget they have what is probably the best offensive line in football. If you have a dominant offensive line (like we used to) then you can compensate for other areas. They have a superstar running back, who I might add is also a heck of a nice guy, a premier tight end, a decent QB, and that line. You can get away with mediocre receivers with those weapons.

Comment

Working...
                            X