Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you become a Bronco fan?

So how did you become a Bronco fan?

This is how I became one...My dad grew up in Denver and around it, and he is probably the biggest Bronco fan I know, but anyways, when I was smaller, he would buy me tons of Bronco gear, we would play catch every day with this little Bronco football that we still have today...Then I watched my first Bronco game, after I was in love with football and the Broncos, and I have been watching them ever since...That was about 10 years ago..

Well, i was a young kid watching the Broncos get their azz handed to them in the Super Bowl against the 49ers and for whatever reason i fell in love. The orange uniforms, quarterback named john, same as me (i was young and impressionable) and i don't know, it just snowballed from there....oh, and bobby humphries kicked azz

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

it was 1994, we were in majestic and my dad said pick a jacket. The jacket was orange and it was the Broncos, and my dad was like alright... So then one day on TV my dad was like the Broncos are on, and I was like whos that and he's like the jacket you have and 4 years later I really got into football and now i'm hear..
      sigpic

Comment

my boss in denver gave me tickets for 2-3 games a year. the first two or so years i would go just to enjoy some football and the atmosphere of mile high.

i was at the night game in the snow vs. indy. what a great football game. i think that was the first game that the broncos lost that really hurt. i knew walking back to my car after the game i was officially a bronco fan.

Comment

It is in my blood, and my destiny! =p

In 1971 my mother was a member of the "Bronco Belles" Cheerleading squad. This was the year before the "Pony Express" started.

I was born on the first day of the offseason, the day after the Superbowl on January 10th, 1977. The next year, the Broncos would go on to their first superbowl ever.

The day I was ready to come home from the hospital, my dad drove my mom and I home in our Blue and White....Bronco. =p

My entire family were Bronco fans, so I am sure I was attending game watching festivities before I can recollect.

It's all history from there!

Comment

Re: How did you become a Bronco fan?

Originally posted by dandaman23
            So how did you become a Bronco fan?

They were all drop on their heads as babies.
            The guy in my avatar's not even in the league anymore.

Comment

No no...there is a law in Denver that all babies dropped on their heads are shipped off to Kansas City where they can flourish!!

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                No no...there is a law in Denver that all babies dropped on their heads are shipped off to Kansas City where they can flourish!!

Lol... I can't wait to move to Denver in December it's gonna be great! I'm closer to the KC fan *****
                sigpic

Comment

Got tickets in 1960 from my friends dad, who worked for Sundstrand, there was a payroll payment plan. He didn't want to go so Vick & I wound up going to the games that year. Bought my Season tickets the next year had them till 1978 when I moved out of state. Kick myself in the ass every morning for giving them up. Had an incredible priority number.

Was a southstander till they got the upper deck built then moved up so I could see the game better. Way to much beer drinking going on the South stands. Got to the point you could not enjoy the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                    Did you not read further? The law also states that infants are shipped right back to Denver wheir they are drugged, tortured and forced to watch Brian Greise videos!
                    The guy in my avatar's not even in the league anymore.

Comment

Well I was 9 years old, and I watched my 1st Football game was Broncos and Dolphis in 97, and The Broncos was kicking Dolphins' asses, than I stayed 2 years without watch a game, Than I decided to watch a regular season, when I remembered that game since then, I a Bronco Lover and I love NFL I cant stay a day without read things and know about the game....

Go Broncos

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

If you can remember about 10 years or so ago maybe, the nerf vortex football came out, and the great John Elway was the spokesman and starred in the commercial where he threw it something like 120 yards. From that point on I idolized Elway and the team he was on.

Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

Comment

I grew up in NYC, and always hated the Jets & the Giants -- heck, they don't even play in NYC, or NYS! Anyway, I was getting more and more into football in my mid teens, and one fateful sunday afternoon in '85 I saw a John Elway comeback, not only did he singlehandedly bring his team back, but I fell in love with football right then and there, and never looked back! I think only the '97 SB win can best that feeling I had that afternoon....

Comment

I GREW UP IN PETERSBURG VA. RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM RICKY HUNDLEY ANY TRUE BRONCO FAN WILL KNOW THIS GUY HE PLAYED COLLEGE BALL AT ARIZONA ST.
                            Last edited by poothainl; 06-16-2004, 04:08 PM.

Comment

It was 1995, and my father was on a tour of duty in Sardinia, Italy. My best friend at the time had turned me on to football that year, and I spent most the season following the Chiefs with Steve Bono, and hating the ever hated Dallas Cowboys. Still, the Chiefs were my friend's team, and being the individual I am, I wanted a team to call my own...

In December the Chiefs squared off against the Broncos, and I was immediately impressed with Denver. I remember Ray Crockett stripping Bono and running for a touchdown just before halftime. I remember Jason Elam hitting a 54 yard field goal, and John Elway valiantly trying to carry the team into the playoffs on his golden arm. It was a classic underdog game (since the Chiefs were quite good that year).

The Chiefs won 20-17, but I was a Bronco fan for life from that day on.
                              “One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain” ~Thomas Sowell

2008 Draft: my grade --> A-

Comment

Working...
                              X