X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailed Playoff Predictions - Denver loses to Pats

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondth...ticle=20070622

AFC Wild Card Games
    #5 Denver 24 @ #3 Cincinnati 20 - An upset in seeding alone, Denver finished with two more wins that Cincinnati in the regular season. When they meet in the playoffs, the Broncos run all over the Bengals en route to victory at Paul Brown Stadium.

AFC Divisional Games
    #5 Denver 22 @ #1 New England 28 - These two teams seem to meet in the playoffs every season. In 2007, the Patriots are as deep and as versatile as ever.

They have Denver eliminating Cincy in the wild card, and losing to the damn Pats...Interesting article... Comments?

Obviously this is all pure speculation. And personally, I don't care for predictions.

That's why we play the game.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

They are stupid. The Broncos own the Patsies. This domination goes back long before Belichek and Brady and continues even with them. The Patsies have only beaten the Broncos once since Brady took over as the starter and I believe only twice since Belichek became the head coach. The last time the two teams met in the playoffs we embarrassed them.

I don't buy into the Patsies as the clear favorites to win the Super Bowl. They added some receivers but that doesn't mean they are guaranteed to get to the Super Bowl. They do have the advantage of playing in the AFC East which is a very weak division, but I think the Colts will still be a top tier team. Jacksonville could step up this year. The Chargers could be a top tier team despite having Norv Turner as their head coach. We've made some serious upgrades at a lot of positions and our franchise QB has put in a lot of hard work to get better.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

The closing minutes of the 2nd quarter look to be pretty exciting.

Comment

What's more interesting is they have rankings for league leaders at the bottom. Looks to me like they are expecting too much from Frank Gore and LT. I don't see either of them going for those yards. Jay cutler isn't included in the top 10 passers... Yet apparently Javon Walker will bring in the most receiving yards next year. Ahead of Cutler on the top ten QB's that should not be; Kitna, Leinart, Losman Garcia and Romo. Romo and Leinart maybe a close call but for sure Jay is going to put up better numbers then Kitna and Losman next year. They have TH coming in at 1,446 yards... sounds fairly accurate. However, I think he can run with the big dogs next year, and so does he.

Peyton Manning 62.3% 4497 34 13
          Carson Palmer 65.4% 4489 32 16
          Drew Brees 63.4% 4102 30 12
          Brett Favre 56.5% 4053 24 21
          Jon Kitna 54.6% 4044 26 15
          Matt Leinart 58.9% 3996 34 13
          J.P. Losman 67.9% 3980 27 13
          Tom Brady 61.4% 3973 26 15
          Tony Romo 65.0% 3783 26 17
          Jeff Garcia 55.3% 3708 22 13

LaDainian Tomlinson 1957 4.99 16
          Frank Gore 1819 5.09 16
          Larry Johnson 1709 4.64 12
          Shaun Alexander 1539 4.49 12
          Joseph Addai 1521 4.37 14
          Steven Jackson 1476 4.40 14
          Travis Henry 1446 4.38 10
          Edgerrin James 1406 3.89 13
          Willis McGahee 1327 3.98 9
          Rudi Johnson 1279 4.11 9

Javon Walker 1470 15.5 8
          Lee Evans 1464 14.4 9
          Marvin Harrison 1460 14.7 11
          Torry Holt 1436 14.7 8
          Steve Smith 1422 13.9 9
          Anquan Boldin 1417 15.0 9
          Reggie Wayne 1400 15.7 9
          Andre Johnson 1394 13.2 8
          Chad Johnson 1362 13.9 8
          Donald Driver 1361 13.4 8

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            They are stupid. The Broncos own the Patsies. This domination goes back long before Belichek and Brady and continues even with them. The Patsies have only beaten the Broncos once since Brady took over as the starter and I believe only twice since Belichek became the head coach. The last time the two teams met in the playoffs we embarrassed them.

I don't buy into the Patsies as the clear favorites to win the Super Bowl. They added some receivers but that doesn't mean they are guaranteed to get to the Super Bowl. They do have the advantage of playing in the AFC East which is a very weak division, but I think Colts will still be a top tier team. Jacksonville could step up this year. The Chargers could be a top tier team despite having Norv Turner as their head coach. We've made some serious upgrades at a lot of positions and our franchise QB has put in a lot of hard work to get better.
            Just because Denver usually beats NE doesn't mean that they will always beat NE.

I agree about the rest though. Who knows how the season will go. Who knows how chemistry will develop between new players or coaches. Or how injuries will affect a team. Predictions at this point are just a waste of bandwidth.
            Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

The pats? I don't like that prediction simply cause we own them.....I could see us losing to someone else but not them =P
              sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Seem to meet in the playoffs every season? I can only seem to recall one recent playoff contest against NE. It would happen to be our only playoff win since the SB years....

Can't really take someone like this to seriously. You don't even have to follow the Broncos to know who plays in the playoffs...

Comment

Originally posted by LDB View Post
                  Just because Denver usually beats NE doesn't mean that they will always beat NE.
                  Wow, the first time I've heard a statement like this on the board.

I'll admit beating Denver won't be easy for NE, but it's not impossible either.

Comment

Originally posted by honestpatsfan View Post
                    Wow, the first time I've heard a statement like this on the board.

I'll admit beating Denver won't be easy for NE, but it's not impossible either.
                    In my opinion, it's kind of like how the last team Denver wants to face is the Colts. The last team the Pats probably want to face is the Broncos. And the last team the Colts want to face is the Patriots.

It's a big circle and for whatever reason each team has another they really seem to struggle against. Of course these "jinxes", if you will, don't guarantee that the patterns will hold out. But there do seem to just be teams that always cause specific teams more difficulty than the rest of the league.

We're just New England's kryptonite.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

No way, Denver's going all the way this year. NE will probably lose to the Broncos by 10 points. And I don't think Denver will be the 5th seed. We'll be either #1,2,3, or 4 seed. I don't see us going lower than that. We're going all the way for D Nash and D Will baby.

Comment

as a chargers fan i love those predictions but admittedly it means absolutely nothing
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                          In my opinion, it's kind of like how the last team Denver wants to face is the Colts. The last team the Pats probably want to face is the Broncos. And the last team the Colts want to face is the Patriots.

It's a big circle and for whatever reason each team has another they really seem to struggle against. Of course these "jinxes", if you will, don't guarantee that the patterns will hold out. But there do seem to just be teams that always cause specific teams more difficulty than the rest of the league.

We're just New England's kryptonite.
                          Thats how it usually go's - But I think now that we beat the Pats - We can beat them again and that Jinx is gone.

As much as I like the nice fans of the Broncos - You can understand why I won't root for them to beat the Colts.

How ever I think with your new rocket armed QB and revamped D-fense the Broncos are going to be a force to be rekoned with.

Comment

They have the most accurate field goal kicker in the league last year missing an extra point. That's already bogus.

Anyway it would never happen. We own the Pats. That's just the way things are.
                            KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DTownNative View Post
                              http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondth...ticle=20070622

AFC Wild Card Games
                              #5 Denver 24 @ #3 Cincinnati 20 - An upset in seeding alone, Denver finished with two more wins that Cincinnati in the regular season. When they meet in the playoffs, the Broncos run all over the Bengals en route to victory at Paul Brown Stadium.

AFC Divisional Games
                              #5 Denver 22 @ #1 New England 28 - These two teams seem to meet in the playoffs every season. In 2007, the Patriots are as deep and as versatile as ever.

They have Denver eliminating Cincy in the wild card, and losing to the damn Pats...Interesting article... Comments?
                              Anyone who thinks Denver will get to the playoffs......let alone win a playoff game.....must be crazy....

A new defense, a new defensive coach, a new running back, and a qb with about a total of 5 nfl games worth of experience......
                              My 3 favorite teams:
                              1.The Denver Broncos
                              2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
                              3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

Working...
                              X