Rod Smith Must be Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Smith Must be Cut

In order for the Broncos to move on we need to release Rod Smith.
    The prospects at WR are amazing without Smith holding them back.

Javon Walker
    Brandon Marshall
    David Kircus
    Dominick Hixon
    David Terell (lesser extent)

Having Smith on the roster does nothing more than rid these prospects of much needed playing time. I understand the sentimentality of having Rod on the team but just like I stated with Al (and got toasted for it) he is holding the team back.

Rod can no longer play to the level that is needed to get us over the hump and I do not think that he will want to be a number 4 receiver.
    Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Kircus and Terrell amazing??? Hixon with no experiance in the league??? Brandon "the injury bug" Marshall???
    sigpic

Comment

Our talent even with Rod Smith on or off the roster is pretty lackluster. Marshall and Hixon have potential, but seriously. Prove it. This wide receiver corps right now is about as pathetic as pathetic gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Aija View Post

Javon Walker
        Brandon Marshall
        David Kircus
        Dominick Hixon

Having Smith on the roster does nothing more than rid these prospects of much needed playing time. I understand the sentimentality of having Rod on the team but just like I stated with Al (and got toasted for it) he is holding the team back.

Rod can no longer play to the level that is needed to get us over the hump and I do not think that he will want to be a number 4 receiver.

There's a lot to comment on but I'll just start with, there's no reason to cut Rod. He can go on the PUP. If he never plays another down for us he's an impact player/personality for the Denver Broncos. Just like I wish Al Wilson was still around like Burns. You get the right personalities with the right priorities and you will find success.

David Terrell isn't going to make this team. David Kircus will be lucky to make this team.

Walker
        Marshall
        STOKELY
        Hixon
        Clark
        Morgan (#1 kick returner)
        Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
        Samuel Johnson

Comment

Javon Walker
          Brandon Marshall
          David Kircus
          Dominick Hixon

First off, Terrell? I'll be stunned if he makes the team, Rod or no Rod.

Second, we don't know what Rod still has to offer because he was injured all of last season which hampered his game. And he was in the Pro Bowl the year before that. Let's wait till he heals and see what the coaches have to say.

Third, if Shanahan thinks Rod isn't contributing anymore to the team then he'll cut him... or convince him to retire. Think back and tell how many guys Shanny kept on the team out of sentimentality. Wilson? No. Rice? No. Atwater? No.

Shanny will do what he thinks is best for the team and won't let sentimentality get in the way. If Rod comes back and Shanny replaces our #6 receiver with him, then I think it will be because Rod still has value to this team.
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Aija i'd agree with you if you were correct

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
            We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Javon Walker
              Brandon Marshall
              David Kircus
              Dominick Hixon

Yea...I hope you don't plan on winning a popularity contest because your chances just plummeted.
              President Cool

Comment

Wilson was only cut because of a neck injury and not being cleard to play! But really you think we would be better off woth out Smith? Yes he is not a 1000 yard reciver but he brings much more then that.

And seriously do you think David "Iam great in Camp" Kircus and David "Great at Michingan but??" Terell are amazing talents?
                Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
                GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
                #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
                #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
                #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
                #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
                Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

I don't think we should cut Rod just yet, I'd like to see what he can do this year plus his leadership value is huge.

With the injury bug we have at WR, is it at all possible that we keep 7 receivers this year?
                  sigpic

Comment

Kircus? Are you kidding me? David Terrell? Pass some of that around. I think we'd all like some of what youre smoking. LOL. Seriously, was this supposed to be funny? Were you just tryng to be stir the pot?

Comment

Javon Walker
                      Brandon Marshall
                      David Kircus
                      Dominick Hixon

You kidding me? No one is being robbed of playing time...in fact the WR's we have that are healthy are being over worked in practice cause there is no one to fill in and give them breaks.

See this thread by Cutlerfan:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=99037
                      sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Thank goodness they don't make you take breathalyzer prior to posting on this forum .

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something here, how does a veteran like Rod hold the team back?

His experience?

His knowledge for the game?

His mentoring and teaching ability?

Which one of these attributes holds a team back?

If these guys are so great.........why cant they beat a 37 year old out of a roster spot?
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I can't say I agree at all... but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think Rod Smith is an impact veteran, and seeing the extent of his injury he played through last season, it is understandable the major drop off he had in performance and production. Before 06', Smith was still a major force, and I hope he can bounce back to even a shadow of his former self when he is all healed up.... besides, I'd love to see a veteran of the Broncos like Smith retire properly as one.
                            sigpic
                            The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                            Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

APRIL FOOLS!
                              Oh wait it's August.

Comment

Working...
                              X