Rod Smith Must be Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigBroncLove View Post
    Your crazy BM96, just crazy.... Their your posts, I think everyone should do what they want, but I hope ya give it up soon. They could give you a big vacation from Bronco Mania if this goes to far. Like I said, do what ya want, but give up the stage and put on your bronco gear. Let em know Rod is still in orange and blue...
    Im sorry BBL, i didnt believe it when i first heard it either. But put together the facts and realize that he is not what he used to be and the injury has taken a significate toll on his body. I really hope we here at broncomania can remember the good times with Rod and we all as bronco fans can celebrate his great career in the Orange and Blue. Good luck Rod and best of luck in the future.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") <-------Post Peach in your sig if you want world domination

Comment

Wow you guys need a sense of humor
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") <-------Post Peach in your sig if you want world domination

Comment

I apologise to everyone for having believed and made comments regarding this bogus post.

I will now eat my plate of crow. I prefer mine stewed with lentil peas.
        Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Originally posted by Aija View Post
          Anyone ready for their plate of crow.
          Football is more of a business than a sport.
          You guys need to stop thinkiong with your hearts and use your heads a little more.
          Rod was great yes but he is doing nothing than holding the team back. I saw a few seconds of video of Rod (and stated here on the board) that he looked like he had put on weight and was visibly walking with a limp.

The only option was to let him go. Thanks for all the memories but the TEAM needs to move on. We can't sit around and wait for a 37 year old to come to the rescue.

I take no pleasure from saying I TOLD YOU SO. BUT I DID.
          Rod Smith is going to have to retire someday very soon......That is the only thing keeping me from laughing ass off right now!

Sorry, no offense, aija!

:thumb:......

Comment

rod smith is not going 2 get cut. he is still a valuable part of this team. he can give some of the young and talented WRs that we have some knowledge. point blank
            Lets GO Broncos!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
              Our talent even with Rod Smith on or off the roster is pretty lackluster. Marshall and Hixon have potential, but seriously. Prove it. This wide receiver corps right now is about as pathetic as pathetic gets.
              I think this recieving corp is the best its been since the duo of Rod and Eddy. Walker, Smith, Stokly and Marshall will hold their own, I have no question. To say that this recieving corp is pathetic is quite an under statment, infact I would say that our group is probably in the top ten somwhere, imo.

Comment

You guys need to stop thinkiong with your hearts and use your heads a little more.
                Rod was great yes but he is doing nothing than holding the team back. I saw a few seconds of video of Rod (and stated here on the board) that he looked like he had put on weight and was visibly walking with a limp.

The only option was to let him go. Thanks for all the memories but the TEAM needs to move on. We can't sit around and wait for a 37 year old to come to the rescue.

It is sad that this video is all you know about Rod.
                A long long time Bronco fan.

Comment

you told us so .. what? Rod isn't cut.... kircus and terrell are. So again.. what is it that you feel you had right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
                    Our talent even with Rod Smith on or off the roster is pretty lackluster. Marshall and Hixon have potential, but seriously. Prove it. This wide receiver corps right now is about as pathetic as pathetic gets.
                    I have to disagree with you Dream. Javon Walker alone gives this group credibility. Look at the other teams who don't even have a weapon like him, or only have 1 top target like us: Buffalo, Oakland, KC, San Diego, Minnesota, Green Bay, Philly, Cleveland, Atlanta, Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Washington, Tampa Bay, San Francisco, and Seattle. (this list is for WR, not counting TE)

I would not trade our receivers straigt up for any of the above listed teams. Walker is a stud and a top 10, if not top 5, receiver in the league. Stokely, if healthy, is a great slot receiver. We have potential with Marshall to have a very good top 3. Hixon adds depth and play making ability. And, unlike a lot of people, I believe Rod Smith will see a resurgence in his career once he gets off the PUP list. His struggles last year were in large part attributed to his hip, with his work ethic and knowledge he can squeeze out a few more solid seasons.

Our receivers, as a whole, are not great. But pathetic? No, look around the league. We could have it a lot worse. I am all for looking at a WR in the draft next year, though I don't consider it the top need. But we are above average right now, just not great.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBroncos84 View Post
                      I have to disagree with you Dream. Javon Walker alone gives this group credibility. Look at the other teams who don't even have a weapon like him, or only have 1 top target like us: Buffalo, Oakland, KC, San Diego, Minnesota, Green Bay, Philly, Cleveland, Atlanta, Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Washington, Tampa Bay, San Francisco, and Seattle. (this list is for WR, not counting TE)

I would not trade our receivers straigt up for any of the above listed teams. Walker is a stud and a top 10, if not top 5, receiver in the league. Stokely, if healthy, is a great slot receiver. We have potential with Marshall to have a very good top 3. Hixon adds depth and play making ability. And, unlike a lot of people, I believe Rod Smith will see a resurgence in his career once he gets off the PUP list. His struggles last year were in large part attributed to his hip, with his work ethic and knowledge he can squeeze out a few more solid seasons.

Our receivers, as a whole, are not great. But pathetic? No, look around the league. We could have it a lot worse. I am all for looking at a WR in the draft next year, though I don't consider it the top need. But we are above average right now, just not great.
                      I like our WR's too just look at Marshall if he stays healthy this year, same as Stokley we have 3 solid receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        you told us so .. what? Rod isn't cut.... kircus and terrell are. So again.. what is it that you feel you had right?

Some dude played a joke last night that Rod Smith was released by the Broncos and aija fell for it with this "I am the smartest man alive" rant.

Good times....

Comment

Just tell me which of our young studs is going to run block the way Rod does, or guarantee Cutler an open man when he needs a completion. Rod brings a lot more to this team than just catching balls even if we ignore the importance of leadership. And he's basically been playing on a dead hip for three years, and managed to get to the Pro Bowl the second one. So why don't we just wait and see what a healthy Rod Smith looks like before we write him off, OK? Since Eddie Mac left he's been pretty much our only WR, and that meant chasing a lot of badly thrown balls into safeties. I think he's earned the right to recuperate from that and come back to a team where he'll actually have some help, both under center and drawing coverage away from him. He's certainly proven time and again we'd be insane to cut him so long as he thinks he can still play. Rod's a pro and a class act, in every sense, and he won't have to be told when to retire. Right now we have no one else who does all the things he does as well as he does them, so let's just see what happen when the hip's 100% for the first time in three years.
                          SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Yet another example of why E!SPN should not be trusted or even cited as a source.

Comment

Working...
                            X