Brandon Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Marshall

I didn't see this posted got it of broncos talk site.
    I dont know what to think about him. He keeps saying shanny is tring to scare him into doing things. I don;t think it is the case here. I think he needs to practice or he is going to be benched. What do you think?

Brandon Marshall Back on the Field

Brandon Marshall was back at practice — and it was under the coach’s orders.

Friday morning, Head Coach Mike Shanahan told the injured wide receiver that he would be donning the shoulder pads and going through the full morning’s work.

“He said it was just to challenge me, to see if I was mentally strong,” Marshall said. “He knew that I was in pain, and that it hurt, but he also knows it’s one of those things where you have to get out there, push yourself and be mentally tough.

“I was shocked. I was scared. But I guess that’s what it takes. Coach has 30 years of experienrce, and this is my second year, so of course I’ve just got to sit back and listen and go with the process.”

The process orginally called for Marshall to work through the individual and installation drills at the start of practice and then watch the remainder of the periods from the sidelines.

“They told me I was supposed to be done within the first 20 minutes,” he said. “But it warmed up so good (I stayed in there).

“I didn’t open up to 100 percent but I opened up to where I could compete.”

Marshall seemed to emerge none the worse for the wear, and even made a grab at Champ Bailey’s expense during the final period of practice, while looking crisp as he ran his first pass routes since the second day of minicamp exactly one month ago.

“I was kind of hestitant at first, but as you can see, I’ve got a smile on my face,” Marshall said after Friday’s practice.

Even though he said he had a “minor setback” with the ailing quadriceps muscle during his workouts a week ago, Marshall nevertheless placed the blame for his absence on himself.

“It was just scar tissue in there. It was me not being mentally tough,” he said. “I’m sure there’s going to be a day where I’m down in the future. It’s one of those things I’m going to have to push through.”
    Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

Nice! Shanny made him stop being a puss pie and get out there! Once he gets out there for while I'm sure he will realize that he can play hurt and still be successful.
    :orton:

Comment

He might want to stop doing interviews for awhile and just do what he's told. Admitting that he just wasn't mentally tough isn't going to win him any points. Come on, Brandon! The job is yours for the taking as long as you don't piss off the coach...
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I'm becoming increasingly annoyed at Marshall's attitude. Maybe we really DO have the next TO.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
          I'm becoming increasingly annoyed at Marshall's attitude. Maybe we really DO have the next TO.

As long as he plays well and doesn't call Cutler gay we are good to go. If he is being lazy, which isn't the case since the injury training is far more work than practice, he won't be on the team for long. You should all know Shanny doesn't take crap from his players and won't let a slacking player on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
            As long as he plays well
            is the key line in your whole post. He will probably be talking to the media all through the game.

Sorry but I don't like they way he is going about all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
              As long as he plays well and doesn't call Cutler gay we are good to go. If he is being lazy, which isn't the case since the injury training is far more work than practice, he won't be on the team for long. You should all know Shanny doesn't take crap from his players and won't let a slacking player on the field.
              This is the part that caught my eyes. Nothing says pissed off better then this.

"Head Coach Mike Shanahan told the injured wide receiver that he would be donning the shoulder pads and going through the full morning’s work."

If I were brandon I think I would be a little worried.

Comment

i don't know about you guys but i'm just glad to see him on the field

Comment

from what it sounds like, brandon's nagging injury was getting annoying to a lot of people... i read that rod was telling him he needed to learn to play hurt and seeing shanahan's comments, he's done cutting marshall slack with these.

i like marshall a lot, but if he can't stay healthy, he's a waste of a roster spot no matter how much potential he has. i was actually surprised when i saw shanny talk about it like he did, he's just done waiting.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                  We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24 View Post
                    from what it sounds like, brandon's nagging injury was getting annoying to a lot of people... i read that rod was telling him he needed to learn to play hurt and seeing shanahan's comments, he's done cutting marshall slack with these.

i like marshall a lot, but if he can't stay healthy, he's a waste of a roster spot no matter how much potential he has. i was actually surprised when i saw shanny talk about it like he did, he's just done waiting.
                    I don't hink shanny has ever talked publicly about a player like this before. Does anyone recall if he has?? Marshall has some real tallent but he does need to step up. This is the NFL.

Comment

To all those that said it was OK for Marshall to take his time and wait until he was 100%, I would like to say this: I told you so!

I'm glad he was able to get out on the field and do more than he expected. Perhaps he has learned a valuable lesson. Now that he has realized that part of his problem was a lack of mental toughness, maybe he will overcome that problem and develop the mental toughness to play the game. That's not to say he didn't have legitimate concerns about his injury, but sometimes you really do have to just suck it up and carry on. Good for him and the team that he was able to get on the field. Maybe now the competition for the second starting WR will really heat up.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I have managed people in a professional capacity for well over 20 years; and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to conclude that Brandon Marshall lacks maturity. If he was on a job interview in the real world he would never get hired coming across as he did in his press interview. I must admit I'm somewhat disappointed in Brandon Marshall.
                        On a side note; for you young posters out there entering the real world NEVER give the impression that you need to be prodded to get motivated; always assert yourself as a self-starter and go the extra mile to separate yourself from mediocrity!

Comment

I really hope that marshall keeps his head down and his legs running, because he has so much potential to be a game changing receiver, that if he doesn't pan out from lack of maturity I will be deeply saddened.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos0707 View Post
                            I don't hink shanny has ever talked publicly about a player like this before. Does anyone recall if he has?? Marshall has some real tallent but he does need to step up. This is the NFL.
                            Yeah, he did it to TD.

Comment

It doesn't do anyone any good to sit back and insult his maturity level. I keep seeing all of these negative comments about our player's toughness after injuries so let me put it in words you can understand, actually, I'll let Allen Iverson do it for me.

Originally posted by Allen Iverson
                              If I can’t practice, I can’t practice, man. If I’m hurt, I’m hurt. I mean, simple as that. It ain’t about that. I mean it’s, it’s not about that at all, you know what I’m sayin’? I mean, but it’s, it’s, it’s easy to, to talk about, it’s easy to sum it up when you just talk about practice. We sittin’ here, I supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talkin’ about practice. I mean, listen, we talkin’ about practice. Not a game, not a game, not a game…we talkin’ about practice. Not a game. Not a, not a, not the game that I go out there and, and die for and play every game like it’s my last. Not the game. We talkin’ about practice, man. I mean how silly is that? Man, we talkin’ about practice. I know I supposed to be there. I know I supposed to lead by example. I know that. And I’m not, I’m not shoving it aside, you know, like it don’t mean anything. I know it’s important. I do. I honestly do. But we talkin’ about practice man. What are we talkin’ about? Practice? We talkin’ about practice man. (laughter from members of the press) We tal…we talkin’ about practice. We talkin’ about practice. We ain’t talkin’ about the game. We talkin’ about practice man.
                              First Jarvis Moss now Brandon Marshall you people bash? Come on people,
                              Originally posted by Allen Iverson
                              We not even talkin’ about the game, the actual game, when it matters. We talkin’ about practice.
                              Just chill out.

Comment

Working...
                              X