No announcement yet.

Is Daniel Graham Showing Improvement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But yeah, he's going to be our third down guy while Rod Smith isn't there for however many games in the beginning of the season, cause I really don't expect him to be back by game one. He's a big target with good speed and good hands and is going to be on the field A LOT since he's such a good blocker. It'd be good to let him block for a while and let the defense get a little lax on him and then just send him out on a little post route and grab some yardage with him.

Comment

i like scotch, scotch, scotch...

scotch scotty scotch...

mmm...

i like scotch...

and like its been said...

graham is not a big every down target...

henry will get the majority of the dump offs...

graham wont get many yards imo...

he will get plenty of TDs and 3rd down conversions...

money plays...

sigpic

Comment

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS & I HOPE THAT DANIEL GRAHAM can do the job. I look forward to seeing how he does.

Comment

There is no doubt that Daniel Graham will 'do the job'... it just depends on what some here expect that job to be. There will be some here that think that we paid him SOOOOO much money, the he needs to catch 50 passes to justify it.

Daniel Graham isn't going to be much of a different TE here, than he was in NE, and thats perfectly FINE. He's not going to get 50 catches..because there just is not enough passes in a game to get him 50 catches.

Expect 35 catches...but GREAT blocking. Expect to have a TE that is not only an asset to have in the game during goalline situations (as opposed to having to exect our OL to catch passes)..but a THREAT to the endzone. Expect a guy that is not only reliable on blocking, but stud at blocking. Expect a guy that is reliable at finding the holes in the D, and reliable on 3rd downs.

He's not a Sharpe, TG, or Gates type of TE. He never was.. and never will be. I already think people are expecting more than what he is... and HOPING he somehow turns into a butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
            There is no doubt that Daniel Graham will 'do the job'... it just depends on what some here expect that job to be. There will be some here that think that we paid him SOOOOO much money, the he needs to catch 50 passes to justify it.

Daniel Graham isn't going to be much of a different TE here, than he was in NE, and thats perfectly FINE. He's not going to get 50 catches..because there just is not enough passes in a game to get him 50 catches.

Expect 35 catches...but GREAT blocking. Expect to have a TE that is not only an asset to have in the game during goalline situations (as opposed to having to exect our OL to catch passes)..but a THREAT to the endzone. Expect a guy that is not only reliable on blocking, but stud at blocking. Expect a guy that is reliable at finding the holes in the D, and reliable on 3rd downs.

He's not a Sharpe, TG, or Gates type of TE. He never was.. and never will be. I already think people are expecting more than what he is... and HOPING he somehow turns into a butterfly.

I don't think he will put up Sharpe like numbers but I don't somewhere around 50 catches is an impossibility either. Cutler has shown that he's very comfortable checking down to his tight end and historically Denver has made good use of the tight end in the passing game.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

The great thing about Graham is that when he chips a DE, the DE actually loses momentum. For all of the clamor about Alexander's blocking, he is AT BEST slightly above average for a blocking TE. Graham is a monster upgrade in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
                I don't think he will put up Sharpe like numbers but I don't somewhere around 50 catches is an impossibility either. Cutler has shown that he's very comfortable checking down to his tight end and historically Denver has made good use of the tight end in the passing game.
                Well... I think its possible... IF... IF.. there is enough balls to go around.

Since 1995, when Shanahan took over... Shannon Sharpe averaged 67 catches (not counting his injured 1999 season). But look how the break down of those catches were, and how many catches the OTHER TEs, WRs, and RBs had.

Year:.........Sharpe............other leading TE on team
                '95................67...................12 (Evans)
                '96................80...................15 (Carswell)
                '97................72....................12 (Carswell)
                '98................64....................04 (Carswell) ((thats not a typo...its four))
                '02................61....................21 (Carswell)
                '03................62....................06 (Carswell)

Now its hard to compare this offense with that offense... but the one year that Sharpe was injured, in '99, our TEs had Carswell catch 24 Passes, and Chamberlain catch 32.

So for Graham to catch 50 passes... then where does that expect from Scheffler? Could there be enough passes to get Graham 50 passes, Walker 75 catches, Marshall 60 passes, Stokely 30, and Henry 35? Yes... but then that would mean that Scheffler isn't part of the passing attack at all, and I don't know if thats the plan. I don't know if Graham is expected to be that kind of receiver in Shanahan's system.

But then... its going to come down to a lot of factors. How many times will we have ot throw the ball? Are we behind a lot and have to throw more often, or are we leading and running the ball more often? Do we have any injuries to the WRs that make us throw more to the TEs? How often we run the 2 TE set.

Personally.. I see Scheffler with closer to 40-45 catches and Graham with 35-45 catches... combining for roughly 70-80 catches between the two of them.

Comment

My guess is that he'll fall just shy of 50catches and be worth every penny!

He doesn't have Ben Watson/Vernon Davis type speed but he has the ability to be a total beast regardless....

Comment

Working...
                  X