Shut Up About Saying, "He Is A Product Of The System!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut Up About Saying, "He Is A Product Of The System!"

Ya'll need to stop talking about Clinton Portis is just a product of the System. THIS IS SOOO STUPID! It's as much as the System as it is the Player. That's why we have Starters and Backups. The best Players who are able to execute that System will start, the ones who aren't as good at executing that System will back up. It's common sense People.

Every team has a System in place, whether it's on Offense, Defense or Special Teams. It's just about getting the right Players to run that System the way it was meant to be run. That's why teams draft differently from other teams and chose different kinds of Players in Free Agency to cater to their System because they believe this Player is the right one to execute it.

You have to give Players their due. The real smart Coaches in this League play to their Player's strength. Do you think Mike Shanahan is just going to leave Jake Plummer in the pocket the whole game? No! He's going to role him out at times because that is one of his strengths as a Quarterback. If it was just the System, don't you think we'd all be playing in the NFL too?

GIVE THE PLAYER HIS PROPS & STOP DRINKING THAT HATERADE!

Re: Shut Up About Saying, "He Is A Product Of The System!"

Originally posted by Broncos28
    [B]
    Every team has a System in place, whether it's on Offense, Defense or Special Teams. It's just about getting the right Players to run that System the way it was meant to be run. That's why teams draft differently from other teams and chose different kinds of Players in Free Agency to cater to their System because they believe this Player is the right one to execute it.
    Thus, every outstanding player can attribute a lot of his success to being a "product of the system".

I see what your getting at though...it takes more than just a good system to acheive.

There has to be some talent or it just doesn't work.

Same debate could be made about Q.

He was simply too much for the Colts to handle in our first meeting last season. System or just a good player?

I would credit both, Shanahan's offensive system and Q's skills.
    James Tiberius Kirk: "Spock, the women on your planet are logical. No other planet in the galaxy can make that claim."

Comment

Re: Shut Up About Saying, "He Is A Product Of The System!"

Ya'll need to stop talking about Clinton Portis is just a product of the System. THIS IS SOOO STUPID! It's as much as the System as it is the Player. That's why we have Starters and Backups. The best Players who are able to execute that System will start, the ones who aren't as good at executing that System will back up. It's common sense People.

You have to give Players their due. The real smart Coaches in this League play to their Player's strength. Do you think Mike Shanahan is just going to leave Jake Plummer in the pocket the whole game? No! He's going to role him out at times because that is one of his strengths as a Quarterback. If it was just the System, don't you think we'd all be playing in the NFL too?

GIVE THE PLAYER HIS PROPS & STOP DRINKING THAT HATERADE!
      2 words...... Olandis Gary
      sigpic

Comment

I represent Haterade.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
          I represent Haterade.

i like the red one
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
            I represent Haterade.
            Is it in you?

James Tiberius Kirk: "Spock, the women on your planet are logical. No other planet in the galaxy can make that claim."

Comment

Actually until Portis does more or just as much in the next two years in Washington the jury is still out.

Having Orlandis Gary, Mike Anderson and Terrell Davis run in this system for over 1200 yards per season shows that this system works.

Yes the running back must have ability but the system at this time looks like a better running system then most.

We need to wait for two years and then do a comparison on Portis. Actually he should put up better numbers in Washington then he did here, because he is now more mature, and he did not play all of his games here because of some injuries and the early fumble-itis he had here in the beginning. He also developed more into a passing back which he did not have when he first came here. So if it is not the system then Portis should put up BETTER NUMBERS in Washington.

Also we need to watch the running back situation here and look at the numbers for the next two years and see if it has been the system or not. One major factor in our running game will be the loss of Alex Gibbs I feel though. We will see how much that will function in to the scenario. (I agree that Dennison, should keep the job, but the loss of Gibbs can only hurt, not help).

So it is not those that are hating Portis, it is rather a fundamental belief that the running system here in Denver can bring out the skills running backs need to be special.

We will see, but as I have said, we really won't know the answer for two years for a comparison.
              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Re: Re: Shut Up About Saying, "He Is A Product Of The System!"

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                Yeah, not as good as Clinton Portis. Besides he didn't get enough opportunities last year with the Detroit Lions to show what he can really do. It's still as much the Player as it is the System. Obviously you would need a Running Back with enough quickness and vision to find the holes right? And Clinton Portis was able to do that. He was quick enough to hit the hole and very elusive to take it all the way when he was in the open field.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Shut Up About Saying, "He Is A Product Of The System!"

Yeah, not as good as Clinton Portis. Besides he didn't get enough opportunities last year with the Detroit Lions to show what he can really do. It's still as much the Player as it is the System. Obviously you would need a Running Back with enough quickness and vision to find the holes right? And Clinton Portis was able to do that. He was quick enough to hit the hole and very elusive to take it all the way when he was in the open field.
                  I'm not saying CP isn't good i'm just saying 300 of his yards were because of the O-Line. And I think he will get 1,500 yards in Washington.. I mean I like the guy and I wish him the best, but you got 3 of the best D's in the league to run against in the NFC East and it's really gonna be hard for him. Cowboys, and Eagles are 2 really good Ds and I really don't think he will get by them. Plus he may not see the holes like he did in Denver because the line isn't as good.
                  sigpic

Comment

Did someone say Haterade?

Comment

Originally posted by Nixhex78
                      Did someone say Haterade?
                      AHAHAHAA THATS NICE!
                      sigpic

Comment

Re: Re: Shut Up About Saying, "He Is A Product Of The System!"

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                        Dude blew his knee out and he broke his leg after his sucessful season. He was not the same player afterwards. I would've liked to see what he would've done if he stayed healthy.
                        sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Shut Up About Saying, "He Is A Product Of The System!"

Originally posted by Ohio Broncos
                          Dude blew his knee out and he broke his leg after his sucessful season. He was not the same player afterwards. I would've liked to see what he would've done if he stayed healthy.
                          I'd say pro bowl at least once...
                          sigpic

Comment

Having Orlandis Gary, Mike Anderson and Terrell Davis run in this system for over 1200 yards per season shows that this system works.
                            in this day and age 1200 yards is by no means a spectacular season.. yards alone doesnt represent productivity anyway. to me the stats that matter are TDs , converted third downs.and first down yardage. i mean if you have a holding penalty and end up with 3rd and 20 you could be facing a nickel defense and sneak in a draw play and basically concede to punt rather than risk throwing an interception.. if that draw goes for 10 or 12 yards it looks good on the stat sheet for the back but it was really wasted yards.. the team didnt benefit anything from those yards..

Comment

Our system is definitely one of the best out there.
                              Makes me wonder what would happen if we got someone like LT.
                              sigpic
                              Kyle Orton Army Soldier #888

Comment

Working...
                              X