Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: Shut Up About Saying, "He Is A Product Of The System!"

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
    I'm not saying CP isn't good i'm just saying 300 of his yards were because of the O-Line. And I think he will get 1,500 yards in Washington.. I mean I like the guy and I wish him the best, but you got 3 of the best D's in the league to run against in the NFC East and it's really gonna be hard for him. Cowboys, and Eagles are 2 really good Ds and I really don't think he will get by them. Plus he may not see the holes like he did in Denver because the line isn't as good.
    Actually the Washington Redskins Offensive Line is pretty good. And don't blame Clinton Portis for playing bad Defenses here in the AFC West. He took advantage of the opportunities. That he is what he is supposed to do.

STILL AS MUCH AS THE PLAYER AS IT IS THE SYSTEM!
    Last edited by Broncos28; 06-21-2004, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy
      Our system is definitely one of the best out there.
      Makes me wonder what would happen if we got someone like LT.
      Can you say. The first NFL back to hit 2,500 yards in one season?
      sigpic

Comment

Listen up, The Back runs the ball....not the O Line. You cant say that the line is the cause of all our running success. the line has a big part to do with it but it still comes down to the quality of the running back behind that line. O gary is a good back but is behind a line that really isnt that good at run blocking, so you cant use him as a example....he's not barry sanders for christ's sake!

Comment

Originally posted by moonshot314
          in this day and age 1200 yards is by no means a spectacular season.. yards alone doesnt represent productivity anyway. to me the stats that matter are TDs , converted third downs.and first down yardage. i mean if you have a holding penalty and end up with 3rd and 20 you could be facing a nickel defense and sneak in a draw play and basically concede to punt rather than risk throwing an interception.. if that draw goes for 10 or 12 yards it looks good on the stat sheet for the back but it was really wasted yards.. the team didnt benefit anything from those yards..
          That is an excellent point.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBrOnCoS16
            O gary is a good back but is behind a line that really isnt that good at run blocking, so you cant use him as a example....he's not barry sanders for christ's sake!
            So why isn't he the starter????????
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X