Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QB Depth?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • QB Depth?

    Sporting News ranked QB depth. Check it out and discuss.

    F.Y.I. - I'm bored!

    QB Depth Rankings

  • #2
    This rank sucks.. raiders? 1st???


    Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

    |||||Broncos Rulez|||||

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: QB Depth?

      Originally posted by Nixhex78
      Sporting News ranked QB depth. Check it out and discuss.

      F.Y.I. - I'm bored!

      QB Depth Rankings
      Griese and the Bucs number 5? IMO that is way too high.

      Comment


      • #4
        yea i dont agree with alot but to be honest the 25 spot for the broncos is about right, only because of our backups or lack of one
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

        Comment


        • #5
          The top few seem fairly clear (and correct) to me and then it gets pretty muddy after that. I do agree, however, that we're towards the bottom in this category. Hopefully, we won't need our backup, but if we do then hopefully (again) Kanell has improved enough to handle it.
          Winter is Coming!

          Comment


          • #6
            on the if only list,,,, if jake had a backup like collins or someone like him we'd be ranked to ten
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm not to sure about the Chiefs ranking. Collins can't throw a pass over 15 yards. I don't know much about Huard. I sure hope they are right. Just in case!

              Comment


              • #8
                The Broncos are pretty low. We need better backups.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Polls don't mean all that much. Are Collins & Gannon going to be friends and let the rivalry spur them on to see who is the starter, or will they be looking over each others shoulder like Holcomb & Couch did... and who is starting for them after last year Garcia???

                  Potentially they have the most talent, but both failed to live up to their potential last year for a variety of reasons.
                  The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Elway
                    Potentially they have the most talent, but both failed to live up to their potential last year for a variety of reasons.
                    Well, in Gannon's case I'd say it was because either he's too old or his receivers were too old. Or both.

                    Concerning the Broncos, Shanahan seems to have confidence in Kannell. I guess he's giving him a little leeway because he's been out of the NFL for two years and also being new to our system. I sure hope he's right because I don't think we can count on any of our other backups yet. It'll be nice if Jake stays healthy this year and makes this a non-issue.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Didn't Kannell play the Ravens game despite a bout of 'flu? I seem to recall something abouth him being ill for a game, and you've got to give him credit for struggling through if that story was true.
                      The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

                      Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                      BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                      You'll Never Walk Alone




                      Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

                      You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

                      Maybe Slowick should pay attention

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Kanell is a great back up, he just new to the system. He has shown in the past that he can put up numbers in New York.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Danny K will do ok to Back up the snake. Who has not missed many games ever n his career.

                          But look at the black birds #27, really gald they got Korbell to back up Bowling. Don't want to know where they would have been without that quality back up.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jrhampton
                            Danny K will do ok to Back up the snake. Who has not missed many games ever n his career.

                            But look at the black birds #27, really gald they got Korbell to back up Bowling. Don't want to know where they would have been without that quality back up.
                            do you really think kannel will be ok ??? he sucked last year and even though is been said cause he was out of football for two years,,, wasnt he out cause he sucked then too? when you look at teams like the jets , pats, rams ect; they all had probowl qb leading the team but because of injuries had to start unknown qb's who had the skills to do the job and accually take over as starter, does any one accually see that potential in kannel?
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by arapaho
                              do you really think kannel will be ok ??? he sucked last year and even though is been said cause he was out of football for two years,,, wasnt he out cause he sucked then too? when you look at teams like the jets , pats, rams ect; they all had probowl qb leading the team but because of injuries had to start unknown qb's who had the skills to do the job and accually take over as starter, does any one accually see that potential in kannel?
                              Mikey does that is the one that counts. Kannel was brought in to be #3 last year. He only managed to get into the game when everyone else went down.

                              During one of the games he was in had a really bad case of the flu Ravens or maybe Pats game. I think.

                              He did ok for not getting many reps last year, not really knowing the offense yet and last but not least being out of football for a couple of years.

                              He was a pretty darn good QB in college, when he did not become an instant superstar in football. He had to take care of the Baseball itch.

                              Jake has only misssed 10 games in 7 seasons, 5 last year one because Mikey wanted to rest him.

                              So unless he becomes injury prone, not to worry.

                              I can't see having some big name QB taking up big cap space setting behind Jake just in case. It seems that Denver has always had pretty durable QB's, usually do not put them out in harms way by asking them to be runners. Like VICK.
                              Last edited by Jrhampton; 06-22-2004, 09:20 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X